EA Forums - Banner

Dressing Room Error - PS4

Replies

• Ok. Where do I go to open said ports? @EA_Roger
  • EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    It's specific to each router, there are third party sites that help describe the process how to open your ports. One of the most known being portforward.com, if you aren't too tech savy I'd recommend talking to your ISP about this though.
  • EA_Roger wrote: »
    Hello,

Thank you for your continued patience while our devs work on this issue. Just a reminder that this Mega-thread is for PlayStation players encountering the "Dressing room Error in EASHL" if you are running into a different issue or are getting a different error please create a separate thread.

Given that this issue isn't wide-spread & some of you are able to play using hotspots on your phones this may mean that the issue could lie with your home network. We believe that opening your ports may help with this.

WHAT ARE PORTS?
    Ports are endpoints between two connections. A port number is assigned to each end, like an address, to direct the flow of internet traffic.

With that in mind would you be able to Open your PS4 & NHL ports:

PlayStation Ports:

TCP
    80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480

UDP
    3478, 3479

Source: https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/nw_test.html

NHL - PlayStation 4 ports:

UDP
    3659, 6000, 10000-10150

TCP
    80, 443, 10000-10150, 42127

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/#nhl

Thanks,

Roger.

Roger I confirmed that this did not fix the issue as I opened my ports and even put my PS4 into DMZ. I appreciate the response as do others but if you read though the posts we have already confirmed that this does not fix the issue.
  • @EA_Roger I do not use a router. I am LAN wired straight to my cable modem my ISP has provided.
  • John403 wrote: »
    @EA_Roger I do not use a router. I am LAN wired straight to my cable modem my ISP has provided.

John who is your ISP and what is the model of your modem? Your ISP themselves might not have those ports open on your modem, and you will have to call them to make the changes.
    If you see Grammar or Spelling errors. I am starting to experience the long term effects of ten plus concussions.
  • John403
    26 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    My question is why are we needing to open all these ports all of a sudden? No other game or iteration of NHL has ever needed this done. Why should this game be any different? It honestly makes no sense in my opinion. It is more widespread than EA is letting on. Most people don’t know where to complain about it. I have approximately a
    Quarter of my friends list (I have 200+ Friends on the list) are having this dressing room error issue. They are just sitting back quietly frustrated waiting for a fix from the Devs. I on the other hand am not happy sitting here not able to play a game I paid for.
  • Alls I want is for NHL19 to run like 99.9% the games I own. This is the only game I have ever purchased that I have these issues with. We shouldn't need tech support or anything special to play a game.
  • Alls I want is for NHL19 to run like 99.9% the games I own. This is the only game I have ever purchased that I have these issues with. We shouldn't need tech support or anything special to play a game.

I don't know. No Man's Sky's launch was pretty ugly. Mind you, Hello Games has sorted out all the issues and continue to release new content for free. EA, on the other hand, is totally fine with charging $60 a year for games that release in a completely broken state. When will it be fixed? Well, captain lag lasted all the way through January-February, so it may be a while.

Also, these PR responses are a joke. This isn't a problem confined to a small group. And what's worse, it affects everyone else because they're forced to exit out of games because another person in the lobby had the dressing room error. I've been able to get into a club game three times out of like 20 attempts, and in all three cases I couldn't play anyway because someone else got an error.

My PS4 has been in DMZ and using Google's DNS for years. That's not a valid fix. Just more generic PR nonsense to make us think it's our own fault. And even if that did work, why is it even necessary when no one had these problems in NHL 18? And you can't act like this is some big surprise when you got a ton of complaints during the beta for the same damn reason. So thinking logically, the beta was a month and a half ago and no solution was found during that span of time. How long is it going to take exactly?
  • @EARoger
    Please provide me with instructions on how to get my money back.
  • This is getting ridiculous @EA_Roger Port forwarding is completely ineffective on this issue and is something I’ve tried from the very beginning. Now, in addition to my Dressing Room Error issue, I can’t even find a drop-in game to save my life. What a joke. High population?? 5min avg. search time?? I’ve spent almost an hour searching and only got “Failed to find an opponent” every time. EASHL is literally unplayable for me at this time.
  • It has been almost a week since release. Can we have a status update please? This mode is the #1 reason why I get NHL and it's unavailable.
  • jmoney370 wrote: »
    @EARoger

Ha, good luck with that. The only thing EA is missing on this one is a ski mask.
  • Still getting the same dressing room error
  • vampofvegas
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Not widespread? Have you seen twitter? Search “Dressing room Error”

All previous version of NHL have worked fine. Why now? I’ve never had a product where I had to open ports. Mine is in DMZ even and I still get the error when trying ProAm..
  • gotboost05
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    this issue needs to be addressed I can't play with friends in my club because of this stupid dressing room error nonsense

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    edited September 2018
    Sorry for the confusion my last response caused.

We are advising players to open their ports based on information that has been provided in here as we believe that this may help you get back into EASHL in the meantime. This does not mean that we aren't trying to fix the issue on our end and we are not blaming your own network. We know that there is an issue here and we are actively working on a solution for this error. I realize that you aren't seeing any changes on your end as you are getting the the dressing room error however our teams are working hard on this. There are a lot of factors to take into account on the back-end especially when it involves networking. If it were a simple fix we wouldn't hesitate to roll this out as quickly as possible but we haven't been able to pinpoint the root cause yet.

If you do choose to open your ports please let us know if this helps you or not as this would help us in our own investigation.

John403 wrote: »
    @EA_Roger I do not use a router. I am LAN wired straight to my cable modem my ISP has provided.

John who is your ISP and what is the model of your modem? Your ISP themselves might not have those ports open on your modem, and you will have to call them to make the changes.

As per @langowski39's comment, you are best off contacting your ISP who will be able to assist you directly with this. It's something they can do easily and are used to doing it.
    [...]

Also, these PR responses are a joke. This isn't a problem confined to a small group. And what's worse, it affects everyone else because they're forced to exit out of games because another person in the lobby had the dressing room error. I've been able to get into a club game three times out of like 20 attempts, and in all three cases I couldn't play anyway because someone else got an error.

My PS4 has been in DMZ and using Google's DNS for years. That's not a valid fix. Just more generic PR nonsense to make us think it's our own fault. And even if that did work, why is it even necessary when no one had these problems in NHL 18? And you can't act like this is some big surprise when you got a ton of complaints during the beta for the same damn reason. So thinking logically, the beta was a month and a half ago and no solution was found during that span of time. How long is it going to take exactly?

Noted on the PR aspect of my replies, I'll try to tone it down. I dug through the entirety of the beta forums & archives, here and on Answers HQ, not once was there a mention of the dressing room error, this issue wasn't present during the beta as far as we are aware. If you find reports during the beta phase with this error please send them on to me.
    Not widespread? Have you seen twitter? Search “Dressing room Error”

All previous version of NHL have worked fine. Why now? I’ve never had a product where I had to open ports. Mine is in DMZ even and I still get the error when trying ProAm..

I never once said that it was confined to a small group, by not wide spread I simply meant that it's not impacting 100% of the PlayStation players. The fact that it's not impacting both platforms alone means it's not widespread.
    jmoney370 wrote: »
    @EARoger

Did you buy a game for your PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, or Xbox? You’ll need to get a refund from the point of sale. That means if you bought it from the digital store on your console, reach out to them for a refund.

If you bought one of our games or products from third-party retailer, you’ll need to go back to them to return or exchange your purchase. And remember, they’ll have their own refund policy.

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/#Refunds
  • Did everyone, with this error code, download the game? I did and I get the error, I try playing, with two guys that bought the disk, and they have no issues at all. I tried the “port idea,” and it does not work.
  • Wulfman00 wrote: »
    Did everyone, with this error code, download the game?
    Nope, I have disc and still DRE. Our team bought 4 discs, 1 downloaded. Only 1 affected disc (me) with DRE.

• @EA_Roger
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    Sorry for the confusion my last response caused.
    I dug through the entirety of the beta forums & archives, here and on Answers HQ, not once was there a mention of the dressing room error, this issue wasn't present during the beta as far as we are aware. If you find reports during the beta phase with this error please send them on to me.

I helped..

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=nhl19beta error&src=typd&lang=en
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    If you bought one of our games or products from third-party retailer, you’ll need to go back to them to return or exchange your purchase. And remember, they’ll have their own refund policy.
    Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/#Refunds

Sony digtial downloads wont accept refunds and says to call EA for a refund due to SONY's Digital Returns.