EA Forums - Banner

Cancelled Purchases?

LyleJeffrey604
4 posts Member
edited September 2018
I hope the state of this game isn’t causing people to not buy the game this year. If I was on a 10 hour trial I sure wouldn’t be buying the game if this is how it’s going to be all year. EASHL drop-in/club EXTREME wait times, penalized players coming out of the bench, poke check still being broken, compies dictating play in drop-ins because nobody can find full drop-in games, it’s so extremely boring playing compies all you have to do is cheese around them and go snipe, so easy and boring, compies are getting way to many delay of game penalties by dumping it into the crowd, when it shows my drop in stats it says goals assists then points but it doesn’t add up to the right amount of points, prestige ranking under my profile picture doesn’t fit properly. Love how the game looks, love how the skating feels, love the potential but as for right now the game is almost unplayable. And this is coming from someone who puts in at least 2,000 games a year. My club is 45-3-1 so before anyone says I’m bad at the game thats not the issue. I play with and know of all the top players and everyone is saying the same thing. It’s sad but hopefully the game can still be saved. Only thing I wish is that EA would come out loud and proud, own the mistakes and say what they are doing to fix the MASSIVE issues.

Replies

• Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    From my experience the only thing not working is the matchmaking.
    Post edited by Taste-D-Rainbow on
  • I hope the state of this game isn’t causing people to not buy the game this year. If I was on a 10 hour trial I sure wouldn’t be buying the game if this is how it’s going to be all year. EASHL drop-in/club EXTREME wait times, penalized players coming out of the bench, poke check still being broken, compies dictating play in drop-ins because nobody can find full drop-in games, it’s so extremely boring playing compies all you have to do is cheese around them and go snipe, so easy and boring, compies are getting way to many delay of game penalties by dumping it into the crowd, when it shows my drop in stats it says goals assists then points but it doesn’t add up to the right amount of points, prestige ranking under my profile picture doesn’t fit properly. Love how the game looks, love how the skating feels, love the potential but as for right now the game is almost unplayable. And this is coming from someone who puts in at least 2,000 games a year. My club is 45-3-1 so before anyone says I’m bad at the game thats not the issue. I play with and know of all the top players and everyone is saying the same thing. It’s sad but hopefully the game can still be saved. Only thing I wish is that EA would come out loud and proud, own the mistakes and say what they are doing to fix the MASSIVE issues.

Poke checking is not broken. You simply refuse to adapt.
  • I hope the state of this game isn’t causing people to not buy the game this year. If I was on a 10 hour trial I sure wouldn’t be buying the game if this is how it’s going to be all year. EASHL drop-in/club EXTREME wait times, penalized players coming out of the bench, poke check still being broken, compies dictating play in drop-ins because nobody can find full drop-in games, it’s so extremely boring playing compies all you have to do is cheese around them and go snipe, so easy and boring, compies are getting way to many delay of game penalties by dumping it into the crowd, when it shows my drop in stats it says goals assists then points but it doesn’t add up to the right amount of points, prestige ranking under my profile picture doesn’t fit properly. Love how the game looks, love how the skating feels, love the potential but as for right now the game is almost unplayable. And this is coming from someone who puts in at least 2,000 games a year. My club is 45-3-1 so before anyone says I’m bad at the game thats not the issue. I play with and know of all the top players and everyone is saying the same thing. It’s sad but hopefully the game can still be saved. Only thing I wish is that EA would come out loud and proud, own the mistakes and say what they are doing to fix the MASSIVE issues.

Poke Check is the best and most real it’s ever been
  • I really wanted to buy it now that they fixed TPS but unfortunately they got me used to not buying it now and its getting harder and harder to justify it especially when reading all these complaints about matchmaking and server issues including fatman lag.

I may buy it used or I may skip it again this year. I appreciate the hard work the Devs are putting in the game but I feel like I need more for the value of the game right now.
  • There are significant issues with launching games right now. I played 5s in club last night, and we had at least 10 games fail to start due to people being dropped as the game started on either team.
  • There are significant issues with launching games right now. I played 5s in club last night, and we had at least 10 games fail to start due to people being dropped as the game started on either team.

They were dropped due to Dressing Room errors that have been reported in other posts? or were they having issues even getting into the matchup screen where you can see your opponent?

How do I refuse to adapt? I’m #4 overall in 6’s with one of the lowest PIM’s in the top 100? Just because I know how not to spam RB/R1 doesn’t mean random kids do. I don’t want the game taking 10 hours because kids on the other team take 50 penalties a game. I don’t believe I have to adapt when my club is 51-4-1. But yeah keep blaming me not adapting. If I’m winning almost every game and think tripping penalties are too often doesn’t that say something? How about make the poke check way less effective and turn down the penalities. Speeds up the game and makes it so the poke check isn’t overpowered.

How do I refuse to adapt? I’m #4 overall in 6’s with one of the lowest PIM’s in the top 100? Just because I know how not to spam RB/R1 doesn’t mean random kids do. I don’t want the game taking 10 hours because kids on the other team take 50 penalties a game. I don’t believe I have to adapt when my club is 51-4-1. But yeah keep blaming me not adapting. If I’m winning almost every game and think tripping penalties are too often doesn’t that say something? How about make the poke check way less effective and turn down the penalities. Speeds up the game and makes it so the poke check isn’t overpowered.

It still boggles my mind that people think this gameplay is fine.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    If you make the poke way less effective AND turn down penalties, it's a poke spam fest all over again.

That's the logical consequence, if you think about it. Because people are like that, if they see the poke not working, and are not penalized for bad attempts, then they will try it again and again. ¨

Look the situation now, like you said people are poking even when they get 10 tripping penalties per game. Poking isn't broken, it's the players who are.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    If you make the poke way less effective AND turn down penalties, it's a poke spam fest all over again.

That's the logical consequence, if you think about it. Because people are like that, if they see the poke not working, and are not penalized for bad attempts, then they will try it again and again. ¨

Look the situation now, like you said people are poking even when they get 10 tripping penalties per game. Poking isn't broken, it's the players who are.

Absolutely correct.
    That’s what the other arcade modes are for.
    I think people wanna have a few beers and just have fun.
    I get that.
    But you can’t have a few beers and get on the highway and expect the best.
    It’s serious out there.
    Just like competitive play should be.
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »

I get that but can’t there be some in between compromise? Like say if the tripping penalties are turned up to 100% and the poke check effectiveness is at like 85% couldn’t they turn the poke check effectivness down to like 40% and turn the tripping penalties down to like 70%? So people still have to play defence other types of ways because they’ll be missing poke checks and getting burned AND STILL be taking tripping penalties... just a tad less penalties and a less effective poke check so people are still forced to learn how to play D without spamming poke check? I don’t know. It’s not enjoyable the way it is now, we all get that poke check spamming isn’t real hockey but 99% of penalties being tripping and 30 penalties a game isn’t hockey either. Has to be some sort of middle ground to make it a better experience.
  • They're working on tuning it, as they've told, and there should be an update any time now? So wait and see what happens. This year poke checking is really not the only viable way of defending, like it was the previous year.

So even if they adjust pokes, people should learn to use all the tools. In fact, I've seen lots of games where stick-lift is really abused to the max, it's funny to watch but not so funny to play. Maybe they could tone that down a little?

But I don't think it's a good idea to keep fiddling with tuners too much either, so I hope they come up with a good set and stick with it.