Prev13
My Cr is all messed up. Says -1400.

Replies

• few in the leaderboard have 808,888 cr :D
  • stanky_rb
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Mine is over 2 Billion.
  • Same here, mine says -2 billion something! And when I win a game it says +0. Anyone else having this issue?
  • Are these all for Goalie CR? we are aware of a goalie CR issue where you could get into the negative. Has anyone seen this for any of the Skater CR ratings?
  • @NHL_ONL_Producer is it possible that this negative CR thing is affecting the matchmaking?
  • @NHL_ONL_Producer is it possible that this negative CR thing is affecting the matchmaking?

It was yes, and we'll have to likely reset the CR ratings for users who's numbers are out of acceptable ranges. For now we have disabled CR in matchmaking for the short term until we pinpoint why sessions are taking so long to fill games. I believe we have also disabled earning of CR for goalies as the issue was related to finishing a game as goalie where the other goalie had quit at some point during the match.
  • Are these all for Goalie CR? we are aware of a goalie CR issue where you could get into the negative. Has anyone seen this for any of the Skater CR ratings?

I've seen a forward with negative 200k CR.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    RSall14 wrote: »
    Are these all for Goalie CR? we are aware of a goalie CR issue where you could get into the negative. Has anyone seen this for any of the Skater CR ratings?

I've seen a forward with negative 200k CR.
    He’s probably the guy calling the puck from the computer all game with no mic while listening to lil yachty with Dre beats headphones on. :)
    All jokes aside though...I wonder if the messed up CR has anything to do with the match making problems
  • Please just get rid of CR. Its a highly inaccurate representation of a particular players skill set. Why was it brought into the game?
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2502 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    CR is so depressing.

Cant remember who on here said it but McDavid would have a terrible CR.

I know I'm by no means God at this game but I always feel like McDavid compared to a lot of my dropin teammates and my CR reflects that.
  • VIDSICIOUS wrote: »
    Please just get rid of CR. Its a highly inaccurate representation of a particular players skill set. Why was it brought into the game?

To help match users into more balanced games with each team being as even as possible
    Please just get rid of CR. Its a highly inaccurate representation of a particular players skill set. Why was it brought into the game?

To help match users into more balanced games with each team being as even as possible

Are we allowed to know how the CR is calculated? There are defenders that play out of position the entire game, but as long as they get a point on the board, they have a great CR. Meanwhile, I drop back as the center to help out in place of the missing defensemen, and get punished for giving up odd man rushes. (This happened a lot last year I don't know if this still occurs this year as I haven't played drop in yet.)

However, I do play club and one game had 4 goals and 5 assists with a 70% faceoff percentage, while my brother played defense had 1 assist and 5 hits and 4 penalties. Yet he had a better CR than me. I know stats don't mean everything, but why does this happen? I use the on-ice trainer to see if it points out any of my flaws, but it really hasn't helped.

So in my eyes, the CR is flawed. If I can put up those points, which by the way is really rare for me, then I feel like I am doing something right. Yet the game seems to tell me otherwise.
  • BassMan_PC
    352 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    VIDSICIOUS wrote: »

Are we allowed to know how the CR is calculated? There are defenders that play out of position the entire game, but as long as they get a point on the board, they have a great CR. Meanwhile, I drop back as the center to help out in place of the missing defensemen, and get punished for giving up odd man rushes. (This happened a lot last year I don't know if this still occurs this year as I haven't played drop in yet.)

However, I do play club and one game had 4 goals and 5 assists with a 70% faceoff percentage, while my brother played defense had 1 assist and 5 hits and 4 penalties. Yet he had a better CR than me. I know stats don't mean everything, but why does this happen? I use the on-ice trainer to see if it points out any of my flaws, but it really hasn't helped.

So in my eyes, the CR is flawed. If I can put up those points, which by the way is really rare for me, then I feel like I am doing something right. Yet the game seems to tell me otherwise.

CR is strictly based on wins and losses. If you lose against low CR players, you will take a big hit to your CR. If you win against low CR players, you will barely gain anything. If you win against higher CR players you will also gain more. It is a flawed system that is not based on the player's skill and is dependent on the team mates that you have.
  • My question though is why release an unfinished game with multiple glitches at the most basic level of gameplay?
  • My question though is why release an unfinished game with multiple glitches at the most basic level of gameplay?

Having bugs makes a game unfinished?
  • CMBDeadly
    177 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    My question though is why release an unfinished game with multiple glitches at the most basic level of gameplay?

In 1995-2006 it did.
  • HockeyCityUSA
    504 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    VIDSICIOUS wrote: »

CR is strictly based on wins and losses. If you lose against low CR players, you will take a big hit to your CR. If you win against low CR players, you will barely gain anything. If you win against higher CR players you will also gain more. It is a flawed system that is not based on the player's skill and is dependent on the team mates that you have.

I understand that it works this way in VS, but is it like this in EASHL as well? Has this been confirmed by the Dev team or is this based off of an assumption? Maybe I'm just completely oblivious to how it works. My CR that's given at the end game does not match my CR in the stats menu. I'm currently at a 564 and I have had games where I was above 700. So even if they are averaging the last 5-10 games, this doesn't make sense.

• CMBDeadly wrote: »
    My question though is why release an unfinished game with multiple glitches at the most basic level of gameplay?

In 1995-2006 it did.

I think you've answered your own question. Sadly, as technology advances, it means there are more ways for it to break. Just part of having better tech

not really. usually players with high cr are good and low ones are terrible. cr usually goes by win-loss ratio.
  • CMBDeadly wrote: »

In 1995-2006 it did.

I think you've answered your own question. Sadly, as technology advances, it means there are more ways for it to break. Just part of having better tech

Not my own question, I just believe that game developers especially on the AAA level outside of Nintendo, don't quality control the games anymore expecting patches to fix it and bring in lost customers lver the year instead of all at once because of microtransactions.