EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Face Scans for NHL Games

So I am a huge fan of the NHL games and the new NHL 19 game is awesome so far. I love all of the different customization options added to the players however, I feel like they are still missing the big picture. EA has face scans on games like UFC and NBA Live yet they have not done it for NHL. They have barely changed any of the head presets that you can use in the game. I believe face scanning would put this game over the top in the perspective of customization. If EA developer read this and you can add face scans through an update or something please do!!!

Replies

• Personally believe the amount of different clothing and backgrounds slow the game down online, so I am not really in favor of face scans there. That being said, would like to have it offline in Be a Pro and Create a Player. Limits there are endless
  • Personally believe the amount of different clothing and backgrounds slow the game down online, so I am not really in favor of face scans there. That being said, would like to have it offline in Be a Pro and Create a Player. Limits there are endless

Personally I think real faces belongs to real players and real players name. If not, the game could be named Hockey game with generic Teams and names. As people want a realistic game to NHL this graphic detail is important too. I do not hear anything about online plays getting slower in case of that faces.
  • They used to have it for hockey. Was great. Used the same scan for Fight Night and Tiger Woods back in the day too.

You can solve the lag problem by getting rid of the clown gear...step 1. They can also code it so only you see your game face but everyone else sees a generic one.
  • Froommey
    645 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    They used to have it for hockey. Was great. Used the same scan for Fight Night and Tiger Woods back in the day too.

You can solve the lag problem by getting rid of the clown gear...step 1. They can also code it so only you see your game face but everyone else sees a generic one.

Sounds great, but its only to scan your face or one face and only allowed to upload once ? Or am I wrong ? Personally think it would be good to scan player faces for self created players which are missing in Rosters like Quinn and Jack Hughes, or to give generic players faces from original Rosters there real appearance from a scanned pic from Internet. Same as a pic upload function for missing pics in player profile. I know it is a lot work to do for one person, but I would do for all mussing players and would share too. Created some hundred players in 18 but its a pity that it is not possible to import them to 19.
  • You used to be able to do it with the pro you created. Never tried on a random skater. You could change it at any time if you desired.
  • Oh my word, gameface in UFC 2 is perfection. Yes please.
  • Jeremy Bracco has a real face now.
  • But he is the only one I noticed. Or did anyone notice some new faces else ? Comparing with other Sport games they are very less in the game.
  • HuskyAhiga wrote: »
    Oh my word, gameface in UFC 2 is perfection. Yes please.

Have a question cause do not know UFC2. Is possible to upload more faces or only one face to this game ?
  • Froommey wrote: »
    HuskyAhiga wrote: »

Have a question cause do not know UFC2. Is possible to upload more faces or only one face to this game ?
    One scan per created player. So technically you can have more then one but it is a process. Only problem is the new FIFA just took gameface out of the game so I have no idea if it’ll ever come back
  • GramerProfesur
    449 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Froommey wrote: »

One scan per created player. So technically you can have more then one but it is a process. Only problem is the new FIFA just took gameface out of the game so I have no idea if it’ll ever come back

If they did it’s probably dead. Not surprised, basically what I wrote would be highly illegal for EA to allow. I used to play Rainbow Six and you saw all kinds of scans.. from Adolf H to genitalia. People are stupid

[Socair - edited name to Adolf H, as the last name is censored]

If they did it’s probably dead. Not surprised, basically what I wrote would be highly illegal for EA to allow. I used to play Rainbow Six and you saw all kinds of scans.. from Adolf H to genitalia. People are stupid

LOL, how bad does a person have to be, to have his last name censored. Crazy.

Sure some doing such things. But what speaks against to let offline only Players to play with own created faces. It would be only illegal if you could share and publish this, otherwise not. It would be the same with names in created player. I can create a player with every bad racisst name and as long it is in offline mode it is no problem. Also with players they have no permission like from College league. As long as it is not published its not against any law.
  • Please, please add Kotkaniemi and Petterssons face to the game at next Roster update. Thanks
  • If face scanning or uploading other peoples faces were illegal people it wouldn't be in let's see NBA2k for the last 6 years , it's in NBA Live, it's in WWE2k,Fight Night had it. Just a short cutting company. Reason it's not in NHL game still uses same graphics as NHL 13 .
    Please, please add Kotkaniemi and Petterssons face to the game at next Roster update. Thanks

If they’re going to do anyone this would seem like the priority but I doubt it happens. Boeser almost won the Calder and didn’t have a face scan until this year and he’s right there in Vancouver with Pettersson. It’s pure laziness
    Please, please add Kotkaniemi and Petterssons face to the game at next Roster update. Thanks

If they’re going to do anyone this would seem like the priority but I doubt it happens. Boeser almost won the Calder and didn’t have a face scan until this year and he’s right there in Vancouver with Pettersson. It’s pure laziness

I know that. But hope dies at last. Other poular sport games do a lot in this case, even EA in there other games.
  • When can we await a new Roster Update with pics in missing profiles and much more player likenesses as now ? It would be time I think ! Wait for an answer from a Dev !
  • Froommey
    645 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @NHLDev You place advertisement competition between two players in Twitter and Facebook, but why you don’t use the opportunity to make a face scan for those are missing ? Jake DeBrusk, Tyler Bertuzzi, Brad Dillon .....
  • Thx to the EA Art Department for adding Anthony Duclairs player likeness to Roster update of Jan. 10th, but please could it not be some more ?