EA Forums - Banner

Dressing Room Error - PS4

Replies

• Heh @EA_Roger

Not all of us pay to use mobile hotspots on the cell service. If you’re willing to personally pay my phone bill until you guys at EA have fixed this issue, then hit me up.
    Until then, all of my settings are as you want and I may get ONE GAME from the entire day. Are you telling me ALL OF HAWAII has issues with their internet? No. Fix the problem with your servers.
  • Dear lord. Who is doing coming up with these solutions? First it was open port when we had already said that did not make a difference. Then it was to use a mobile hotspot to play, and now its to literally take your PS4 to a friends house?

No way these are actual responses right?

It isn't a network issue on the user side. Unless EVERYONE in this thread was on the same network, or just happened to have exactly the same ISP and network settings, it's not a network issue on the user side. Good lord.... Apparently I need to apply for a job with EA if these are the kind of tech y'all hire. The new NHL will be out in say 50 more weeks. Even if every one getting the problem and errors only bought the base edition ($60) that's still almost $1.20 wasted thus far ($60/52weeks, and its been a week thus far.)

You can pretty easily see how much money has been essentially stolen from the player base.

This needs to be fixed.... and I mean an ACTUALLY fix, not "take your console to a friends house."
  • I'm just happy that I'm not the only 1 that is kinda offended by the once a day non responses from the admins. We get a response but it really isnt 1 because in my mind they have not said 1 thing they are doing to fix it. It's not the consumer's responsibility to fix the game EA made and sold us.
  • they don't know how to fix it so they are stalling . take a screenshot of the error ?, yeah right, like they've never seen it . they don't give a rat's rear about the customer, because they know suckers like myself will be buying NHL 20 next september

• Currently on out 5th attempt to play a game. Out of those 5 we have played one game. This is insane
  • we should all demand our 60$ back
  • jewofcanada
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    the funniest part is that this exact issue existed in the beta, except in the beta it gave a very specific error code. they tweaked the error message so that it doesn't return an error code in the full release; that way nobody can say "this is the same error as the beta" and they can deny the problem existed.

the fact that the error message changed from beta to full release makes it pretty clear they were aware of the problem in beta, did nothing about it, and launched it anyway.
  • Socair
    2649 posts Game Changer
    Hey guys. Would some of you mind testing a fix that seems to be working for a club mate of mine?

Delete your user profile from the NHL 19 save data. It doesn’t delete when deleting the game, so it’s like a separate save. You won’t lose progression, but you’ll have to redo your players just as if you deleted the game.

Reply if it works.
  • Socair wrote: »
    Hey guys. Would some of you mind testing a fix that seems to be working for a club mate of mine?

Delete your user profile from the NHL 19 save data. It doesn’t delete when deleting the game, so it’s like a separate save. You won’t lose progression, but you’ll have to redo your players just as if you deleted the game.

Reply if it works.

I tried this in the beta and it did not work. However, I tried it again just now on full release.

I didn't have time to test this extensively, and the little time i did have, I spent trying Ones.

After deleting user profile:
    1. First Game loaded successfully (Which is normal)
    2. Second Game loaded successfully (Usually fails, but occasionally does work).
    3. third Game failed and put me back to the Ones main menu.
    4. Fourth Game (still no restart) loaded successfully
    5. Fifth Game appeared to load successfully, but then got a "You have lost connection to other players" message. this is different than the usual "Dressing Room Error" or just returning to main menu, so i think this one the opponents may just have quit.

I will try to play more later tonight. In my very small sample size, there seems to be improvement, since I think 4 out of the 5 tries I made it in. But there are just too many variables to say whether it was coincidence, or what caused the failure(s) to happen, or if deleting the user profile actually had any effect at all.
  • From what I've heard this Dressing Room error only applies to one member of your chel-team. In my case this happens to me and other team members are able to play normally. Maybe it has something to do with being the team creator since I'm the creator of our team and the problem only affects me.

I have tried to opening ports and all other fix-suggestions but the problem still exists. If I use mobile hotspot the issue is gone but that's not really a fix since the signal of cellular network is weak in my apartment and I will be dropped out in the middle of the game.
  • When I play eashl, every time we go to a club game, I get a dressing room error and get kicked out. I've tried maybe at least 25 times. What is going on? I've also tried all the fixes in the world that the community tells me to.
    Open ports.
    Ps4 hard reset
    Reinstall game
    To no avail. Is ea fixing this? I am VERY dissapointed. And I demand my money back for I only play this mode.
  • When I play eashl, every time we go to a club game, I get a dressing room error and get kicked out. I've tried maybe at least 25 times. What is going on? I've also tried all the fixes in the world that the community tells me to.
    Open ports.
    Ps4 hard reset
    Reinstall game
    To no avail. Is ea fixing this? I am VERY dissapointed. And I demand my money back for I only play this mode.

• To summarize and confirm the information that is going on within this thread (This is specifically for the Dressing Room Error that appears right before the game starts).
    1. Is everyone who is experiencing this issue on PS4?
    2. Does the following method work work as a workaround for everyone? - your game has ended, hit the PS button > Settings > Network > Test Connection. Once the test runs you can pop back in your NHL app and you will reconnect and be at the HUB. (If you haven't tried, please do so and report back here)
    3. Does closing the NHL 19 app and opening it back up again allow every affected user here to play at least 1 match but experiencing the dressing room error?
    4. Does switching to Mobile data resolve the issue for everyone?
    5. Does opening up the ports work as a solution?

Thank you for your responses.
    I spent 2 hours on tests in Ones mode yesterday. Here are the results:
    1) I'm on PS4
    2) It helps to play one game only. Then the "Dressing Room error" repeats.
    3) It helps to play one game only. Then the "Dressing Room error" repeats.
    4) I played 8 games in sequence. The error did not appear.
    5) Tried three different options. a) Only enable UPnP b) Port forwarding c) Transfer PS4 to DMZ. The result is the same. An error occurred usualy after first game, sometimes after the second.
  • From what I've heard this Dressing Room error only applies to one member of your chel-team. In my case this happens to me and other team members are able to play normally. Maybe it has something to do with being the team creator since I'm the creator of our team and the problem only affects me.

I have tried to opening ports and all other fix-suggestions but the problem still exists. If I use mobile hotspot the issue is gone but that's not really a fix since the signal of cellular network is weak in my apartment and I will be dropped out in the middle of the game.

No because I created our team and out of the 20+times it has happened, only twice has it been me that received the dressing room error.

• My teammate wondered if TCP problems are causing the DRE. He posted this reply to ea answers site. Just pasteing it to this thread.

My friend has tried several scenarios with his PS4:

Dressing Room error problem:
    cable, home internet connection (ISP= Dna)

Everything works ok:
    mobile hotspot (Dna)
    4G mobile connection (Dna)
    another friend's home, fiber connection (Telia)

So definitely the issue has something to do with the internet connection in my friend's case. I wonder if the problem are idle TCP connections that are dropped by internet provider by a timeout. This could explain why the first EASHL match seem to work more often that the next ones.

About what has changed, maybe EA has coded dressing room implementation in a different way, depending on some TCP connections that now are dropped unwantedly when they have idled enough. Just a theory :smile: But this could be tested if there is a way to enable/disable dropping idle TCP connections (unfortunately this feature depends usually on internet provider).
  • Socair wrote: »

Reply if it works.

Guys try this and reply with game by game results.

Also the thing is, if someone else on your team or someone else on the OTHER team doesnt do something that fixes this issue, then you will still get the dressing room error if they other team doesnt do the steps to fix it. So just because it doesnt work 100% of the time, doesn't mean it doesn't work. Its just hard to narrow it down due to those factors. But if you can get more games than normal then we may be going in the right direction.

@EA_Roger Does the team have the ability to delete the profile from a patch? Or possibly put out a message upon loading the game if this does show promise?
  • Yeah, this and the everyone drops connection within first game minute of gameplay. 4 for 5 so far.

I tried the delete saves / profile, deleted nhl 19, red own loaded it...still same thing.

And as people have stated, this many people having the issue means it's not our end. Try to add all of the people that aren't posting on the forums and the number is huge.
  • I deleted my profile from nhl19 it seemed to help with finding drop in games. But I am still getting dressing room error in between drop in games. If I get the error and dont reset my game I will get the error 2 times in a row going into games, the third try I get in the game everytime. It does the same thing to me in club. So I dont have to reset to play I just got to struggle through two dressing room errors then I can play 1 game, then a repeat of the process everytime
  • It doesn't seem like this is a very important issue to EA. They really havnt said anything about anything other than telling us how to fix there game. I feel all of us on here are doing far more on our end then they are doing on there's. NHL19 should be no different than any other ps4 game out there. Seeing how every game I own runs flawlessly on my network NHL19 is the only 1 that don't. Own it EA it's on your end!!