EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Why is there still no horn or song from the New York Rangers in the customization menus?

Prev1
I don't understand it. For a few years now we have not been able to customize the various modes using either the Rangers goal song or horn. Why is that? Is it some sort of a licensing issue? Is it something else? I mean I can remember as far back as NHL15 when Madison Square Garden was called THE NEW YORK ARENA for the purposes of the game. Can we get a real explanation as to why these items are consistently left out of the customization menus?

I mean if it is a case where MSG management is being stubborn about giving the rights to those items for some reason, let us know. They have caved to social media before, I'm sure they will with the right information.

Replies

• Beuhler? Beuhler?
  • Was repeated often in the forums : Short answer - they couldn't get all 31 goal songs due to budget (would have covered ~10 or so) and so they scraped all of them and purchased higher-end menu music.

• I'm just trippin you're worried about a song right now.
  • zingaa1 wrote: »
    I'm just trippin you're worried about a song right now.

Kills immersion. Not hard to understand so don't "trip".
  • EA_Cian
    253 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Some folks care about the music in the game and that's fine, no need to think they're "tripping" for being bummed out by what is or isn't there. :smile:
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Some folks care about the music in the game and that's fine, no need to think they're "tripping" for being bummed out by what is or isn't there. :smile:

I didn't say they were trippin, I said I was. In light of the mess the game is right now, I just think music is the last thing on someones mind, so I was tripping.
  • Team songs should never ever be removed in favor of menu music that pretty much no one likes.

Horrible decision.
  • EA_Cian wrote: »

I dont think he even reads posts, just sees certain words.
  • B_Bunny
    887 posts Moderator
    Team songs should never ever be removed in favor of menu music that pretty much no one likes.

Horrible decision.

I dont mind the menu music this year. Rather have that than 2/3 of the teams with wrong goal songs and the rest with the right ones. Especially if its such a large margin.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • Will they update the goal horns later on like they did last year? And where is this budget info coming from? Link to a source?
  • EA_Cian
    253 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited September 2018
    monz wrote: »

I dont think he even reads posts, just sees certain words.

I misphrased it, yes, but let's not dismiss people for caring about the audio in the game either way. :smile:
  • If I was an offline player, proper Goal Horns would be the most important thing to me.

Menu music? We're talking about menu music? That and commentators get turned off day 1.
    EASHL player
  • zingaa1 wrote: »

I didn't say they were trippin, I said I was. In light of the mess the game is right now, I just think music is the last thing on someones mind, so I was tripping.

This has actually been a concern of mine for years, as I had stated in the original post, but that would require an ability to read for content. But since you're "tripping" over something that means little to you, but obviously does to me, I'm all for the entire experience. You go to a game for the experience. Not to hear your favorite announcer call the game. The sights, the sounds, the action, etc. Within all of that, is the music played when your teams scores a goal. Every team has it, yet it still doesn't translate to the game for every team.

Personally, I think the menu music is awful, hence the reason I turn it off on Day 1 (however recently I've had to go into the menu time and again to turn it off). If EA thinks that music of that kind sells more games, then good on them. But if your slogan is "If it's in the game, it's in the game", and still certain details, noticeable details, are consistently glazed over year after year, then I would tend to think there is a problem.

But keep trippin bruh.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    Team songs should never ever be removed in favor of menu music that pretty much no one likes.

Horrible decision.

I dont mind the menu music this year. Rather have that than 2/3 of the teams with wrong goal songs and the rest with the right ones. Especially if its such a large margin.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but for me... How do I put this....

I would rather have 2/3 of something logical and important than 100% of something useless or unimportant. Or along those lines anyways.

Notice I said menu music that no one likes, and you responded you don't mind it. IMO, there is a huge difference between enjoying something, and not minding something.

Seriously, everybody has different tastes in music. The diversity required to please people would be insane, hence why I think it was a complete waste of funds and priorities. Guess they wanted to please the 17 people on Twitter than whined menu music needed a return...
  • B_Bunny
    887 posts Moderator
    B-Bunny wrote: »

Horrible decision.

I would rather have 2/3 of something logical and important than 100% of something useless or unimportant. Or along those lines anyways.

Notice I said menu music that no one likes, and you responded you don't mind it. IMO, there is a huge difference between enjoying something, and not minding something.

Seriously, everybody has different tastes in music. The diversity required to please people would be insane, hence why I think it was a complete waste of funds and priorities. Guess they wanted to please the 17 people on Twitter than whined menu music needed a return...

Youre right, theyll never please everyone. I could honestly care less about the goal songs. The troll trumpets I hear in eashl would suffice for me. But if I had to choose between the two, Id still have made the choice they did given the cards laid on the table.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    B-Bunny wrote: »

Horrible decision.

Youre right, theyll never please everyone. I could honestly care less about the goal songs. The troll trumpets I hear in eashl would suffice for me. But if I had to choose between the two, Id still have made the choice they did given the cards laid on the table.

Fair enough.

I could care less about goal songs too, or ref faces as I play EASHL exclusively. But for those playing offline, these kinds of things are important. They are probably responsible for about 20% of the immersion factor, so I am speaking for them.

If it was up to me, I would buy a game that offered EASHL only, with no goal songs, or commentators and no NHL affiliation. Everything generic, and I would still be happy.
  • If I remember correctly, the Rangers had their horn updated in a patch because the Rangers sent EA a recording of it in exchange for the Rangers only being able to use it because it’s “ iconic to the team”. Correct me if I’m wrong though.
  • Could care less about the team songs when matchmaking/servers are broken, game crashes, random bugs, etc. The game is basically in a beta stage. I paid $60 for a great offline game and an online beta. What?
  • Could care less about the team songs when matchmaking/servers are broken, game crashes, random bugs, etc. The game is basically in a beta stage. I paid $60 for a great offline game and an online beta. What?

So you basically came into this thread to complain about everything but what was being discussed? You do know that you can start your own thread, right? Because you added absolutely nothing to this.
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, the Rangers had their horn updated in a patch because the Rangers sent EA a recording of it in exchange for the Rangers only being able to use it because it’s “ iconic to the team”. Correct me if I’m wrong though.

I was not aware of that.