EA Forums - Banner

Still no legends in edit rosters

WHEN is that to be fixed? You sell me a game with Gretzky holding the cup and yet that is not even possible to recreate in the game. In fact in order to have him on my team it is only possible in Hut and I will have to buy him.. What a ripoff

Replies

• Apparently they are working on it. Im beyond pissed. They do have mini legend teams in nhl threes. But its a pathetic mode. I just want the 250 legends they have in game on their normal teams so i can do an offline play now tournament. Dont care if i kerp my own scores
  • Want to do the same thng, been waiting all summer went out and got it the day after it’s release and it’s frustrating
  • Everyone that fell for the Legends scam including myself have been completely ripped off. No Legends, no Gretzky covers. I was just cut off from the help chat because they wouldn't answer any questions about their false advertising and missing content. They say it's Playstation's problem. It would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous. They will not acknowledge that they lied about content
  • Jeff14erin
    53 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Spot on, I have commented on their twitter page gotten no response. What a crock. They should at least have the decency to have a chat with their customers.

[edited for profanity]
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    This issue is being worked on. I guess their age was causing problems when using them in Franchise.

It’s just not a simple fix. The coding for every legend that is in the game probably has to be altered and made compatible with the various modes again. Then tested again to be sure each player doesn’t cause a crash.

I’m not a programmer and I know it looks like I’m making excuses for the mess up. But clearly they felt it was better to hold off on being able to use Legends in these modes and start the fix, rather than release it with the problem and deal with that backlash.
  • Socair then why hype it so much days before the release if it wasn’t ready?
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Jeff14erin wrote: »
    Socair then why hype it so much days before the release if it wasn’t ready?
    I have no idea. Somebody didn’t tell the marketing department? No excuses though. It should have been made public before launch.
  • They are very lucky that a suit is not filed. As crazy as that sounds think about it. Using the greatest hockey player ever to entice people to buy a game is wrong. Myself personally am extremely pissed because i normally create legend teams which takes forever and thanks to no roster sharing its a pain. I will say the game itself is still worth owning. But like i said its a very bad thing if not resolved.
  • Socair wrote: »
    This issue is being worked on. I guess their age was causing problems when using them in Franchise.

It’s just not a simple fix. The coding for every legend that is in the game probably has to be altered and made compatible with the various modes again. Then tested again to be sure each player doesn’t cause a crash.

I’m not a programmer and I know it looks like I’m making excuses for the mess up. But clearly they felt it was better to hold off on being able to use Legends in these modes and start the fix, rather than release it with the problem and deal with that backlash.

It does sound like the usual EA run around and excuses but not surprising
    If the issue is just with ages in franchise then why cant they just release a roster update with all legends edited to 18 years old so theyre NHL eligable an can play full careers seems like an easy fix age doesnt really affect any other game modes so how would it cause other modes to crash i can add move edit players doesnt make other game modes crash why the need to complicate things
  • I have no clue how it's taken this long for them to provide an update on this Legends situation.

If there's issues in Franchise mode, change all their ages to 20. Move on.

The false advertising is the part that leaves me with the most bitter taste in my mouth. The EA team knowingly promoted Gretzky with a cup, legends on their original teams, a whole marketing video just on that was shown.

Yet it's not in the final product delivered to the paying customer - yet the only update they've provided is "we're working on it". No sign of how that's going, no sign of when (NHL 19 or NHL 20), and no communication on either this or EASHL drop-in issue.

This should've been a Day 1 patch. It's absolutely absurd just thinking about us having to create a thread on a feature of the game that was shown in promotional materials, THAT IS NOT IN THE FINAL GAME!
  • Well said. If they didnt show them in uniforms then ok. I agree changing age should take one hour tops. Even if we can only use them in play now for the love of god put them on normal teams. I mean they looj amazing. I commend ea for that. But all star teams very boring
  • They don't care. I have contacted EA numerous times about missing content and they won't answer other than blaming PS4 for not having it.
  • Will you offer money back?
  • Why doesn’t ea release a statement about it? Why are they hiding ?
  • Socair wrote: »

Now I haven’t read into every post yet BUT why not at least release them for create a team or what not?
  • Is this an EA forum or what? I want an official answer to this. I appreciate Socair but he/she claimed to be a volonteer forum manager. I want to har something from the people who sold me the (Gretzky with the cup) game. Still waiting..
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Is this an EA forum or what? I want an official answer to this. I appreciate Socair but he/she claimed to be a volonteer forum manager. I want to har something from the people who sold me the (Gretzky with the cup) game. Still waiting..
    It’s not a “claim” I am a volunteer mod.
    All I’ve done is relay what I’ve seen on twitter from an NHL series community manager. Here’s an example of one of his replies on the matter.
  • Yes sorry, thanks i know. But that post is from 16 days ago..