EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

I Don't like the Change to Drop-ins

Replies

• So much fun playing for the SYD's or BBY's. Give me a break.
    When Vegas made their run last year, almost every lobby, someone chose their jersey. No way to do that now. Sad.
  • 17Woodsy
    39 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I bought this on early release and I haven’t even played it on most days cuz of this garbage. It’s sunday morning, kids aren’t at school... i should be able to get some good full lobby drop ins on both 3s and 6s right now... right? Let’s see
  • 17Woodsy wrote: »
    I bought this on early release and I haven’t even played it on most days cuz of this garbage. It’s sunday morning, kids aren’t at school... i should be able to get some good full lobby drop ins on both 3s and 6s right now... right? Let’s see

3 hours and i managed a single game with a whopping 4 on each side, which of course turned into 3-4 after the first goal was scored.

Every other room matchup failed as people bailed on the 3v3 or 3v4 games. My only 6v6 looped before the first puck drop. A couple of 5v6 matches looked good until the side with 5 started bailing out.

But thank god the Dev's are responding to complaints about stick lifts!
  • That's exactly what this is. It is a fresh attempt to draw in more casuals, meet others and want to club together.

That's the thing. I have no desire to meet other people of join a club. I just want to literally drop in a play a few games then bugger off to something else. Not to mention the menu hell that the game has become.

• I agree it is kinda boring playing with just music.
  • It's horrendously bad, boring, bland, and not fun at all. I'm 43yrs old, been playing NHL since the 90's. I really don't care to play against a goalie wearing donut pajamas. Lol, please let me be in a normal NHL game for eashl. Please!!!
  • You know what's really sad? NHL 18 drop in still works fine, even with most of the playerbase moving over to NHL 19. I am getting into both 3s and 6s drop in games in NHL 18 and it's only taking a few minutes. Then by staying with the randoms I am matched with via the post game dressing room, I am able to find subsequent drop in games even quicker... Also, playing in actual hockey equipment inside of actual NHL rinks is so nice. EA totally broke it. At least I can continue playing NHL 18 while I wait to see if NHL 19 is ever fixed before re-purchasing.
  • xxH3llsp4wNxx
    253 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm not a fan of the clown gear and won't wear it. If anything, I see this as a push to get people to play club. The diversity between club and drop-in, if you're playing on a team, is refreshing and makes playing on a team that much better.

That's exactly what this is. It is a fresh attempt to draw in more casuals, meet others and want to club together.
    Then club matchmaking needs to be fixed! West vs West, East vs East. You shouldnt have to play on opposite servers. Best Location doesn’t do anything if you’re the away team. It’s not competitive or fun to lose 80% of your draws, constantly whiff on puck pick ups and one timers because we can’t play on the server of our choice.This has been happening for years now. Previously, in club matchmaking, you chose; East, West, or Europe as search criteria when looking for a game. Now you just choose “best location” but that doesn’t keep the game in your region.
  • It's horrendously bad, boring, bland, and not fun at all. I'm 43yrs old, been playing NHL since the 90's. I really don't care to play against a goalie wearing donut pajamas. Lol, please let me be in a normal NHL game for eashl. Please!!!

We can wear donut pajamas????? Why wasn't I told? All this time I've been locked into regular goalie pants!

THIS IS A TRAVESTY! #GiveGoaliesDonutsPants , #EqualRights4Goalies
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    It's horrendously bad, boring, bland, and not fun at all. I'm 43yrs old, been playing NHL since the 90's. I really don't care to play against a goalie wearing donut pajamas. Lol, please let me be in a normal NHL game for eashl. Please!!!

We can wear donut pajamas????? Why wasn't I told? All this time I've been locked into regular goalie pants!

Ohhhh VeNOM2099, you comedian!
    It's horrendously bad, boring, bland, and not fun at all. I'm 43yrs old, been playing NHL since the 90's. I really don't care to play against a goalie wearing donut pajamas. Lol, please let me be in a normal NHL game for eashl. Please!!!

I was gonna go with #GoaliesToo, but I thought that would've been très gauche in today's politically charged climate...
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

I was gonna go with #GoaliesToo, but I thought that would've been très gauche in today's politically charged climate...

#Goalielivesmatter
  • nickels55
    177 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    EA's motto with the NHL series: If it ain't broke, break it.

It took me almost a week to successfully play a drop game of 6s. Who knew you just had to pick "skater", because if you pick Forward, or any position, you'll never find a game. It is beyond frustrating to play a drop in game in NHL 19. People still wait till there are a few seconds left to leave the room. Nothing was improved, only made worse, when it comes to EASHL this year.
  • Ampereturn
    64 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Dear EA, we need to play EASHL in NHL arenas using NHL jerseys. Please go back to NHL18 model of EASHL. For casual playing there is a ONES mode. We need to play real hockey in EASHL, we need to choose the NHL team, we need commentators and real arena fans. Please !

[edited for excessive punctuation]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • nickels55 wrote: »

Dying laughing,
  • zingaa1 wrote: »
    nickels55 wrote: »

Dying laughing,

Lol. Did get a good laugh as well lol
  • EA Sports - It was in the game
  • Marc110_98 wrote: »
    I agree it is kinda boring playing with just music.

Turn the music off and talk to your teammates
  • Marc110_98 wrote: »

Dude, come on. I share alot of your thoughts and ideas, and (god forbid) actually respect your posts. But dropins are incredibly quiet and bland. The execution just isn't quite there yet. There should be more ambient noise and things going on in the background.

EA make it look like it's a big outdoor tournament, yet doesn't feel or sound like it.

Also, can we please get rid of the NBC logo in dropins?? Sooo out of place.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Marc110_98 wrote: »

Dude, come on. I share alot of your thoughts and ideas, and (god forbid) actually respect your posts. But dropins are incredibly quiet and bland. The execution just isn't quite there yet. There should be more ambient noise and things going on in the background.

EA make it look like it's a big outdoor tournament, yet doesn't feel or sound like it.

Also, can we please get rid of the NBC logo in dropins?? Sooo out of place.

Respect.
    NBC logo is ridiculous. Agreed.
    I just turn up the game sound (hockey noise) and chat with teammates.
    What else would you suggest for audio?
    P.s why god forbid!? Lol