EA Forums - Banner

Connection issues - green is NOT green

djevulsk
76 posts Member
edited September 2018
Seriously EA, dont show me a green GOOD connection when it´s NOT... i cant even count how many times I've had green and the game plays like pure trash

It might visually look like the game is flowing, but it's NOT

[edited for profanity]
Post edited by Socair on

Replies

• they are measuring response times using a tool that utilizes IP packets.

green is green, in that regard.
  • Socair
    2814 posts Game Changer
    Yeah, green means it’s stable and far less likely to have lag spiking, but it doesn’t mean your game will play great every time. I get the same issue on CoD.
  • NYR_Nick
    117 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Currently I'm matching up with users that I simply cannot keep up with, regardless of "good"...

As a game was starting yesterday I could see the screen stuttering, so I immediately quit, and got a DNF loss??!!! Why?
    I thought that if you quit a game within the first minute that wouldn't happen?

This is crap! I paid a good amount of cash for software that doesn't produce

How many years now? It's still going on?

At some point we'll all realize that nothing is ever going to change

[edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • You have a DNF when you quit after the poke drop, you can quit before that with no consequence. It's been like this for the past 2 years i think
  • In Hut when you first connect with your opponent, you get a connection rating.

Then the game immediately loads...

Then you're on the ice.

How can I quit in the above without getting DNF?

• NYR_Nick wrote: »
    In Hut when you first connect with your opponent, you get a connection rating.

Then you're on the ice.

quit before the puck drops. Far as I know, you can pause it before the ref drops the puck.
  • NYR_Nick wrote: »
    In Hut when you first connect with your opponent, you get a connection rating.

Then you're on the ice.

quit before the puck drops. Far as I know, you can pause it before the ref drops the puck.

Yes your 100% correct.
  • Ok, I probably didn't do it before the first drop of the puck. Thx.
  • j0rtsu67
    644 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    For some reason it sometimes doesn't recognize the menu button, you have to press it many times.Then there are only few seconds to check the ping and quit if it looks bad. I think they should consider to change it to old system where you had possibility to quit during first minute of gameplay.

Sure there are times when you score during that first minute (in a non laggy game) and your opponent quits, but it would be less harmful than being forced to play a laggy game (in case you didn't manage to quit before the puck was dropped).
  • You can back out before puck drop without a loss but it burns a game on loaners so watch out (I found out the hard way). Not sure if it counts as a game for contracts as well...