EA Forums - Banner

Progression Rewards

I just started my 19 Hut. It's not the mode I play the most as I'm not a big fan of any sort of pay to play design. I work through the first progression reward and think "This isn't bad and the rewards are decent" then I get to the third tier and go through the objectives. I think "This isn't bad and the rewards are decent" and then BOOM "Win 30 Games and be rewarded a $0.65 item full of cards you'll never use for your 4 hours of game play". So I turned the game off.

Replies

• Hut challenges count as games. It doesnt take that long to complete.
  • I jumped the gun on this. To be honest I've always felt that HUT was incredibly financially abusive towards its player base. But once I started to do a deeper dive they've added a significant amount of pieces to it that don't require you playing with your wallet. I still think that the 30 game Tier 3 progression is a little out of whack with the rest of the tier goals. The only other real complaint is that it seems that EA is insistent about not giving packs as rewards so really they should just commit to that instead of mediocre pack rewards for large time sinks. I have to give credit where credit is due and say that the gang at EA NHL has really put together a much more engaging HUT this year.
  • KeySniper091
    26 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I jumped the gun on this. To be honest I've always felt that HUT was incredibly financially abusive towards its player base. But once I started to do a deeper dive they've added a significant amount of pieces to it that don't require you playing with your wallet. I still think that the 30 game Tier 3 progression is a little out of whack with the rest of the tier goals. The only other real complaint is that it seems that EA is insistent about not giving packs as rewards so really they should just commit to that instead of mediocre pack rewards for large time sinks. I have to give credit where credit is due and say that the gang at EA NHL has really put together a much more engaging HUT this year.

I hate EA, I hate a lot of things about this game, but they did the right thing with HUT this year. There’s a lot of ways to make coin so you don’t have to spend money, doing the trade sets is a good way to get good players, like I got Malkin this morning off of putting up Kyle Palmeri and Thomas Hertl. Between the challenges and the couple of lucky pulls I’ve gotten in my bonus packs I’m up to 135k coins and a semi-decent team that I can kind of work with...just stacking up coins for when Movember players drop.

The game doesn’t feel like you have to drop a ton of money to get useful desireable players like it used to
  • I jumped the gun on this. To be honest I've always felt that HUT was incredibly financially abusive towards its player base. But once I started to do a deeper dive they've added a significant amount of pieces to it that don't require you playing with your wallet. I still think that the 30 game Tier 3 progression is a little out of whack with the rest of the tier goals. The only other real complaint is that it seems that EA is insistent about not giving packs as rewards so really they should just commit to that instead of mediocre pack rewards for large time sinks. I have to give credit where credit is due and say that the gang at EA NHL has really put together a much more engaging HUT this year.

Why don't you just play the AH? People have made million pucks already from playing it. I have 500k or so never spent a dime so far
  • Yeah nba2k is great tho you can play my career get 99 overall card for ultimate team on that plus loads of tokens and packs for leveling up, takes alot of grinding but still pretty cool
  • detoxxcxx wrote: »
    I jumped the gun on this. To be honest I've always felt that HUT was incredibly financially abusive towards its player base. But once I started to do a deeper dive they've added a significant amount of pieces to it that don't require you playing with your wallet. I still think that the 30 game Tier 3 progression is a little out of whack with the rest of the tier goals. The only other real complaint is that it seems that EA is insistent about not giving packs as rewards so really they should just commit to that instead of mediocre pack rewards for large time sinks. I have to give credit where credit is due and say that the gang at EA NHL has really put together a much more engaging HUT this year.

Why don't you just play the AH? People have made million pucks already from playing it. I have 500k or so never spent a dime so far

what's the 'AH'??
  • LeafsNation84
    151 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    detoxxcxx wrote: »

what's the 'AH'??

Auction house
    Buy Low Sell High
    I never had the patience to just sit on the AH all day to make coins but it can be profitable if you dont get bored to death by it
  • I used to do this when I was short a few thousand coins to buy a certain player -- buy gold rares at 450 coins, and quick-sell them after you win them for 500... took a while to build up enough coins, but was easy to do.

this year, gold rares are going for 3K for the worst of the worst... no way to make coins unless you steal them in auctions
  • It should be easier to make a good team playing hockey, not working the auction house. I didnt purchase world of warcraft
  • detoxxcxx wrote: »

what's the 'AH'??

Auction house
    Buy Low Sell High
    I never had the patience to just sit on the AH all day to make coins but it can be profitable if you dont get bored to death by it

thanks. i thought it might be shorthand for one of the new challenges.

i don't do it for big returns but i sell all the sweaters and logos i collect after i get my preferred club, the Everett Silvertips. i keep my player cards to exchange in sets and that sweet 200 coins in the daily.