EA Forums - Banner

Dressing Room Error - PS4

Replies

• CMBDeadly wrote: »
    Everyone listen the way to fix error codes is go to the main menu, go to settings go to online settings. And turn off EA's client monitering.

Nope. Doesn't work. The only thing that works for many is to just get on the app, start a game, and play. Restart app EVERY time you either leave the first lobby or finish the first game.
  • iqqmuT
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @EA_Roger The error could have something to do with idle TCP connections (HTTPS) getting dropped by a timeout. Wrote about it in answers forum, not sure which forum is the correct one.

Online tester did not work.
    Post edited by iqqmuT on
  • can we get some sort of update or status on where we stand with this issue this week (even if no progress has been made)?
  • So i did a bit more testing. I got into a game every time by restarting the app by myself, with a person also from CST, two people (one EST, one CST), three people (CST, EST, and PST). The moment I got to 5 total people i the lobby, i didn't get into another game. Three PST, One CST, and me.

Not sure if it has to due with dressing room sizes as well, but definitely worth looking into.
  • It is unacceptable to be over a week in and not have some official response to this issue. We spent 40 minutes looking for a game last night with only a 3 man team due to lobby errors.
  • I have tried port forwarding, turning ea user data off and have had no success. I changed my DNS server to 8.8.8.8. And 8.8.4.4. And got 5 games in a row last night.
  • ZetterSyukStrom
    36 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    It doesn’t matter how many settings you change if the other team doesn’t. There needs to be a patch for all players.

Increase in your personal EASHL games is a plus. I get into games just fine if I restart the app every game. But if the other team does not, we have to ready up again. Another error I’ll restart the app again. Much entire team does this. We play very consistently with maybe 4 min in between games.

If EA had the ability to lock teams into a testing division like division 11 and only those players with issues can play eachother and ea can talk to them and walk them through and watch the network. But I don’t know if they’d be able to do this. There needs to be a testing environment of known players having issues.
  • I’m envious of those who can actually get in restarting the app. That doesn’t appear to help my success rate at all. None of my 3 friends I play with regularly ever get the error. If I’m only playing club with one friend, it’s less bad because we both just get booted out without loading into the game and can try again. But if I play with 2 or 3 it blows because they load all the way in and have to back out to try again. I usually just end up playing NBA because I feel bad for wasting their time.
  • bloodyroses420
    30 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I pretty much feel the same way as everyone on here. It's very sad that there is a very big chunk of us who can't play the game normally. Going on the second week now and nothing. Weather u can't play or u can by resting your app or any of that it's all not rite. I can play the game if I want to deal with the error codes till I get back in. I'm pretty much at the end of my rope with all this so I can only imagine if u bought the game and can only get in 1 game a day that's terrible. it's very sad because I dont see a fix coming soon. The beta was just as bad as the game and they have already stated they knew nothing about it on here lol. I find all of this very hard to believe, that they don't know what the prob is. More like they just have no idea how to fix it. All ps4 games should be compatible with all networks on psn. Up to this point they all have been
  • EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    Apologies for not providing an update over the weekend. In all honesty I wasn't able to access my emails from home this weekend and couldn't get a hold of TFA code to log in to my accounts.

We don't have an update on this as of yet on our side of things and we are continuing our investigation. Once again, I know you don't see the actual progress on your end but all of the data you've provided so far has helped us progress a lot. As soon as I'm able to give you specifics I will update you.

The workarounds provided here seem to help certain players, which is why I'm encouraging you to try them on your end. We aren't dismissing the issue at all, or claiming it's up to you to find the solution, we just want you to try these workarounds in case they help you.

Thanks,

Roger.
  • EA_Roger wrote: »
    Apologies for not providing an update over the weekend. In all honesty I wasn't able to access my emails from home this weekend and couldn't get a hold of TFA code to log in to my accounts.

We don't have an update on this as of yet on our side of things and we are continuing our investigation. Once again, I know you don't see the actual progress on your end but all of the data you've provided so far has helped us progress a lot. As soon as I'm able to give you specifics I will update you.

The workarounds provided here seem to help certain players, which is why I'm encouraging you to try them on your end. We aren't dismissing the issue at all, or claiming it's up to you to find the solution, we just want you to try these workarounds in case they help you.

Thanks,

Roger.

Because many of us purchased the early access, can we expect some type of compensation? I understand you likely cannot answer this question, but it should be discussed by EA. We paid for a service and didn't receive the service in return. Game was advertised to include these game modes and the game mods were and still not playable.
  • It is unacceptable to be over a week in and not have some official response to this issue. We spent 40 minutes looking for a game last night with only a 3 man team due to lobby errors.

Tomorrow will be TWO full weeks with all of World of Chel not working. I honestly don't see them having a solution any time soon. Based on the answers they gave us to begin with, they don't know what the problem is or how to fix it thus they choose to IGNORE this issue in the beta.

Learned my lesson though, no more preordering NHL for me. Wont buy another EA game ever until I look on forums and make sure they haven't released another broken game. Steal my money once, and it will NEVER happen again.
  • I believe i have resolved my dressing room error problem. I was thinking along the lines that the issue was the idle TCP connections that have been suggested. It made sense to me, so i checked my router/modem to see if there was anything i could do myself to fix it. The only thing i noticed was my routers ability to put ONE device into a DMZ (outside the firewall), i manually set my PS4's IP address, enabled the DMZ on my router and added that IP as the single device on the DMZ. The firewall is the part that is dropping those idle TCP packets, so if you can set a device out on the DMZ it seems to do the trick (did for me anyway) I'm not guaranteeing this as the fix-all, but one option that seems to have fixed my dressing room errors. Played 2 full nights, roughly 5 hours each with no more DRE's.. Not the most secure of options, but until EA or the ISP's can figure out how to keep those TCP connections alive (TCP keepalive packets would be great) I will leave it be. Good luck out there everyone. Keep up the good work @EA_Roger and crew.
  • Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it for myself but no go. Weird how some solutions are working for some people but not for others. I’ve tried every bandaid fix in this thread and had zero luck.
  • I believe i have resolved my dressing room error problem. I was thinking along the lines that the issue was the idle TCP connections that have been suggested. It made sense to me, so i checked my router/modem to see if there was anything i could do myself to fix it. The only thing i noticed was my routers ability to put ONE device into a DMZ (outside the firewall), i manually set my PS4's IP address, enabled the DMZ on my router and added that IP as the single device on the DMZ. The firewall is the part that is dropping those idle TCP packets, so if you can set a device out on the DMZ it seems to do the trick (did for me anyway) I'm not guaranteeing this as the fix-all, but one option that seems to have fixed my dressing room errors. Played 2 full nights, roughly 5 hours each with no more DRE's.. Not the most secure of options, but until EA or the ISP's can figure out how to keep those TCP connections alive (TCP keepalive packets would be great) I will leave it be. Good luck out there everyone. Keep up the good work @EA_Roger and crew.

This, combined with Google DNS is working for me. 11 games straight.
  • Another night, another 1 game played in 3 hours. @EA_Roger can you just level with us that EA doesn’t have a clue what they’re doing here but is listening to us and is working on not just a fix but some kind of recompense? This is absolutely infuriating as a consumer to have paid money for nothing but aggravation and disappointment. Having someone occasionally respond in dismissive fake sympathy is insulting. We paid good money. We deserve real responses.
  • clay1o1 wrote: »
    I believe i have resolved my dressing room error problem. I was thinking along the lines that the issue was the idle TCP connections that have been suggested. It made sense to me, so i checked my router/modem to see if there was anything i could do myself to fix it. The only thing i noticed was my routers ability to put ONE device into a DMZ (outside the firewall), i manually set my PS4's IP address, enabled the DMZ on my router and added that IP as the single device on the DMZ. The firewall is the part that is dropping those idle TCP packets, so if you can set a device out on the DMZ it seems to do the trick (did for me anyway) I'm not guaranteeing this as the fix-all, but one option that seems to have fixed my dressing room errors. Played 2 full nights, roughly 5 hours each with no more DRE's.. Not the most secure of options, but until EA or the ISP's can figure out how to keep those TCP connections alive (TCP keepalive packets would be great) I will leave it be. Good luck out there everyone. Keep up the good work @EA_Roger and crew.

This, combined with Google DNS is working for me. 11 games straight.

If this is it why isn't it happening to Xbox One players as well? If the modem/router is controlling the packets you would think it would effect both systems. Maybe I'm wrong there though?
  • It's the combination of hardware manufacturers software, psn networking and nhl19 code thats causing the error. Xbox live most likely handles tcp connections differently
  • EA_Roger wrote: »

Thanks,

Roger.

Thank you, keep us posted. Though you will get people bashing that response, a response is valuable. Even if there is no fix in sight.