EA Forums - Banner

Is this rigged?

2Next

Replies

• detoxxcxx wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    detoxxcxx wrote: »
    EA want's you to be satisfied with your team for a while. But they don't make any money with conetent gamers hence your team will start sucking after a while:

- Easy tap ins will be instant misses.
    - McDavid will skate in molasses after being fast as lightning the previous game
    - Tape to tape passes that seems easy as 1-2-3 is just a memory

You open some more packs, add new players and all of a sudden the flow is back. For a while. Then it's back to molasses.

Some players use excuses as:

- "Some people are much better then others.
    - "it's your connection"

But WHY doesn't this occur in EAHCL?!? Cause there is no incentive for EA to make you discontent in EACHL.

Lmao you must not know how to play. The more skilled player will always win. That's why I haven't lost in 20 game so far

This is the most inaccurate statement ever.....not to mention least constructive. I’ve lost a ton of games after dominating every aspect of the game from start to finnish. Allowing maybe 2 minutes of attack time and outshoot my opponent 35-5 and lose 4-3. It’s a joke everyone knows it. Then I play someone clearly better than me get outshot big time and win 3-1.

I'm 35-0 in hut so far. I won every game I dominated. If you lost a game it was because your opponent capitalized on his chances more than you did.

[edited for baiting]

Lol....getting off a total of 5 shots and having 3 go in on floaters from the blue line boards is my opponent capitalizing on his chances...OK. There’s always 1 or 2 will defend this series like it’s their wimpy younger brother and anybody with a different view or experience are just bad at the game. It’s quite comical and never constructive
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    EA want's you to be satisfied with your team for a while. But they don't make any money with conetent gamers hence your team will start sucking after a while:

- McDavid will skate in molasses after being fast as lightning the previous game

You open some more packs, add new players and all of a sudden the flow is back. For a while. Then it's back to molasses.

- "it's your connection"

But WHY doesn't this occur in EAHCL?!? Cause there is no incentive for EA to make you discontent in EACHL.

Lmao you must not know how to play. The more skilled player will always win. That's why I haven't lost in 20 game so far

This is the most inaccurate statement ever.....not to mention least constructive. I’ve lost a ton of games after dominating every aspect of the game from start to finnish. Allowing maybe 2 minutes of attack time and outshoot my opponent 35-5 and lose 4-3. It’s a joke everyone knows it. Then I play someone clearly better than me get outshot big time and win 3-1.

I'm 35-0 in hut so far. I won every game I dominated. If you lost a game it was because your opponent capitalized on his chances more than you did.

[edited for baiting]

Lol....getting off a total of 5 shots and having 3 go in on floaters from the blue line boards is my opponent capitalizing on his chances...OK. There’s always 1 or 2 will defend this series like it’s their wimpy younger brother and anybody with a different view or experience are just bad at the game. It’s quite comical and never constructive

You let him get off 5 shots and he capitalized on it. It's as simple as that. I suggest you get better at scoring since your shooting percentage is very low 35 shots and only 4 goals? That's horrible

- "it's your connection"

[edited for baiting]

You let him get off 5 shots and he capitalized on it. It's as simple as that. I suggest you get better at scoring since your shooting percentage is very low 35 shots and only 4 goals? That's horrible

Lol....you are ridiculous. Your responses show lack of comprehension skills or you are just trying to stoke a fire and get me to say something inflammatory against you....either way this is the last response you get from me because every post you make is non constructive baiting garbage and not worth anyone’s time.
  • jake19ny wrote: »

- "it's your connection"

[edited for baiting]

Lol....you are ridiculous. Your responses show lack of comprehension skills or you are just trying to stoke a fire and get me to say something inflammatory against you....either way this is the last response you get from me because every post you make is non constructive baiting garbage and not worth anyone’s time.

I'm not trying to get you to say anything. You scored 4 goals on 35 shots, you have a horrible shooting percentage. You're just mad because your opponent capitalized on the chances he got and you didn't. It's as simple as that
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Don’t know how tto otally delete a comment but this was originally a pointless response I made that had nothing to do with the topic at hand and wanted to remove it....I’m not getting baited into that again this year.....
    Post edited by jake19ny on

- "it's your connection"

[edited for baiting]

Whats actually happening is jake is playing a more defensive style of hockey. Whichs entails having more puck possession time, which leads to more shots but your players are less capable finishers. Thus you can quadruple your opponents TOA and massively outshoot them and still come away with the loss. This doesnt mean the game sucks, it's just the learning curve.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    monz wrote: »

- "it's your connection"

[edited for baiting]

Whats actually happening is jake is playing a more defensive style of hockey. Whichs entails having more puck possession time, which leads to more shots but your players are less capable finishers. Thus you can quadruple your opponents TOA and massively outshoot them and still come away with the loss. This doesnt mean the game sucks, it's just the learning curve.

I’m actuslly talking about dominating every aspect of the game offense and defense. I’m talking about pinning my opponent in for 3-4 minutes straight cycling the puck getting off good one timers, point shots, slot shots, and rebounds only to have my opponents goalie stand on his head....then when my opponent finally gets through the neutral zone and I force him wide he takes a desperation shot from the boards at the blue line and my goalie drops to his knees long before the puck gets there and makes no attempt to stop it as it floats over his shoulder into the net. It happens all to often and it happened in 18 and NHL 17....losing a game like that occasionally could be chalked up to bad luck....losing every 4th or 5th gane that way is a joke. I’ve been on the other side of this too when playing someone way better than me and I’m sure they were unhappy.

This is the DDA that is debated and denied by EA. The theory being if someone gets dominated and loses every game badly they will walk away from the gane. Throw them a bone occasionally and they will stick around and maybe shell out some bucks in an attempt to improve their team. Keeps them engaged. Those who say how come their are guys with 20-0 records....well that answer is simple. Aside from the IP booters that never get punished (see the guys with 20 wins and 17 are DNF wins) some people are just really good and the DDA doesn’t hurt them....but I bet some of them have seen this and won close games that shouldn’t have been so close as a result.
  • EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    I'm happy for these conversations to stay open as long as the discussion remains constructive, that goes for both sides here whether you believe the game is rigged or not. Please keep it on topic and remain polite to others.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    I'm happy for these conversations to stay open as long as the discussion remains constructive, that goes for both sides here whether you believe the game is rigged or not. Please keep it on topic and remain polite to others.

I personally hate the term rigged. Rigged suggests that before the game even starts the outcome is not in doubt. I think the game still relies on skill but for less skilled players with weaker teams I always feel like they get a boost at times to make the game more competitive. From a business stand point in the day of micro transactions this makes terrific sense and denying its existence also makes sense. That said I’m not saying I’m 100% right this is just my observation based on experience and hearing from others who have had the same experience.....obviously we’re experiencing something. In addition I’ve never heard a single explanation that clearly explains those experiences.....it’s always “get better”...”you have a bad connection” (despite clearly stating connection is great) or the least constructive, “you are bad at the game” (never in those nicely phrased words). I’m not saying EA gives those responses but you monitor these forums and you know what I mean. I have read some EA responses to some of these allegations and while very informative and appreciated they never address specific issues people experience....

NHL 19 plays light years better than last year. I prefer offline and while I would like to see better teammate AI, player separation, and a simple roster share, this game is fun offline. Online is also improved in areas and while I dump on HUT a lot there are some positive steps forward in the mode. There are still lingering issues for a couple of years....my complaint about game balancing included which I would love to see corrected or at least explained to the point that it doesn’t have us all scratching our heads so much and arguing amongst each other.

The reality is no forum member will ever be able to answer these issues beyond speculation and it usually leads to less than friendly debates ending in a thread closing only to see a new one born out of the never ending frustration. Here’s to hoping it stays civil and maybe, just maybe forum members experiencing similar to identical issues can get some closure on an issue debated for too long. It’s very early in NHL 19s release it would be shame to see this issue spiral out of control like last year.
    Post edited by jake19ny on
  • So since a weaker team gets a boost when they need a boost... It is therefore rigged.
  • Take a look at your ping! The lower it is the more chances you have!
  • How do you you lower your ping?
  • How do you you lower your ping?

Don’t worry this is not a connection issue. Those that suggest it mean well because a bad connection will ruin a game no doubt....this is an issue related to online play and DDA.....
  • Will someone please advise where I can locate EASHL in NHL19? Any chance it's called Season Mode? Sorry I'm new.
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    rgollin60 wrote: »
    Will someone please advise where I can locate EASHL in NHL19? Any chance it's called Season Mode? Sorry I'm new.
    It’s under the World of Chel tile. From there, select play, and EASHL is the tile on the far right.
  • Socair wrote: »
    rgollin60 wrote: »
    Will someone please advise where I can locate EASHL in NHL19? Any chance it's called Season Mode? Sorry I'm new.
    It’s under the World of Chel tile. From there, select play, and EASHL is the tile on the far right.
    It should be able to get pinned in start screen. Like it was last year.
  • Does anyone know why when you kick it back to the point and try to take a slap shot the defenseman won't slap it? He holds it like he is spazzing out.
  • Does anyone know why when you kick it back to the point and try to take a slap shot the defenseman won't slap it? He holds it like he is spazzing out.

I actually turned on the ice trainer for this to figure out what was happening and it apparently is a "fake shot". I'm not sure what must be done on the controller to make this animation occur, but it gets real annoying when your trying to throw a quick wrister to the front and he's doing a dance instead.

I tried checking the controls and the only fake shot that pops up is a fake slap shot which is the simple pull back on the right stick and release.

- "it's your connection"

[edited for baiting]

I want to see recent games and your record. Pictures or it didn't happen