EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

New Player likenesses in following Roster updates?

Prev13
Froommey
614 posts Member
edited September 2018
Will there be more Player likenesses in following Roster updates at it is promised at article in Game Informer?

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/07/26/ea-answers-the-hard-questions-on-nhl-19-player-likenesses-commentary-changes-eashl

Replies

• I hope so.

For example Marner's hair sticks through his helmet when he wears his actual Warrior Alpha helmet and Nylander looks really strange with his Bauer helmet...

Not sure what kind of QA testing, if any, this game went through before release...
  • They need to give Eric Karlsson long hair. He’s had it long for a few years now.
  • FakeHockey
    173 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    All that's guaranteed is Death, Taxes, and more HUT Packs.
  • No answers about from devs ? Customer care ?
  • Still plenty of notable players that need faces. The following players look nothing like their real world counterparts:

ANA- Lindholm, Gibson
    BOS- Krug, Carlo
    CGY- Tkachuk, Lindholm
    CAR- Hamilton, Faulk
    CHI- Schmaltz, Crawford
    COL- Rantanen, Barrie
    CBJ- Werenski
    DAL- Bishop
    DET- DeKeyser, Mantha
    EDM- Larsson, Talbot
    MIN- Dubnyk, Zucker, Spurgeon
    NSH- Forsberg, Arvidsson
    NJD- Vatanen, Schneider
    PHI- Provorov
    SJ- Hertl
    STL- Perron, Parayko
    TB- Palat, Johnson, Vasilevskiy
    TOR- Andersen
    VGK- Karlsson, Smith
    WSH- Orlov, Eller, Burakovsky
    WPG- Trouba, Hellebuyck
  • Oshimai wrote: »
    I hope so.

For example Marner's hair sticks through his helmet when he wears his actual Warrior Alpha helmet and Nylander looks really strange with his Bauer helmet...

Not sure what kind of QA testing, if any, this game went through before release...

Take a look at Chara with the Alpha helmet LOL... You can clearly tell no testing was involved in this game and it was all about pushing forward the new modes
    I hope so.

Take a look at Chara with the Alpha helmet LOL... You can clearly tell no testing was involved in this game and it was all about pushing forward the new modes

Omg hahahaha I'm crying, I just tried it on Chara.

The only time I've seen something remotely similar to this in real life is when someone buys their kid an oversized ill-fitting helmet when they start playing hockey so they won't have to buy a new one for them as they keep growing.
  • For what stupid reason does ea not have the Bauer REAKT/ Rekat 95/IMS9.0. Almost all Bauer helmet using players in the league uses it.

Same with the CCM FL80, 7k. Crosby hasn’t had his helmet since 2010-11... the helmet makes the players likeness the most accurate. They have every stick gloves and skates so work on the helmets.
  • Froommey
    614 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Still plenty of notable players that need faces. The following players look nothing like their real world counterparts:

ANA- Lindholm, Gibson
    BOS- Krug, Carlo
    CGY- Tkachuk, Lindholm
    CAR- Hamilton, Faulk
    CHI- Schmaltz, Crawford
    COL- Rantanen, Barrie
    CBJ- Werenski
    DAL- Bishop
    DET- DeKeyser, Mantha
    EDM- Larsson, Talbot
    NSH- Forsberg, Arvidsson
    NJD- Vatanen, Schneider
    PHI- Provorov
    SJ- Hertl
    STL- Perron, Parayko
    TOR- Andersen
    VGK- Karlsson, Smith
    WPG- Trouba, Hellebuyck

Kotkaniemi looks like an old man. Jett Woo also looks far from his appearance like so many other too. Why is the option to change player likenesses for real players closed ? As in this article is writen, it could be no problem to scan for example all the Vancouver players before a pre season game and you have got finaly one Team complete. Also writen that for a good Video Artist it is no problem to scan from a photo or short Video sequence.

Please give us an answer about my question dear EA Team ! Why we do not get any information about if new player likenesses will be added in Roster updates. It is writen in this article that will be worked on this now ?
  • Froommey wrote: »
    Still plenty of notable players that need faces. The following players look nothing like their real world counterparts:

ANA- Lindholm, Gibson
    BOS- Krug, Carlo
    CGY- Tkachuk, Lindholm
    CAR- Hamilton, Faulk
    CHI- Schmaltz, Crawford
    COL- Rantanen, Barrie
    CBJ- Werenski
    DAL- Bishop
    DET- DeKeyser, Mantha
    EDM- Larsson, Talbot
    NSH- Forsberg, Arvidsson
    NJD- Vatanen, Schneider
    PHI- Provorov
    SJ- Hertl
    STL- Perron, Parayko
    TOR- Andersen
    VGK- Karlsson, Smith
    WPG- Trouba, Hellebuyck

Kotkaniemi looks like an old man. Jett Woo also looks far from his appearance like so many other too. Why is the option to change player likenesses for real players closed ? As in this article is writen, it could be no problem to scan for example all the Vancouver players before a pre season game and you have got finaly one Team complete. Also writen that for a good Video Artist it is no problem to scan from a photo or short Video sequence.

Please give us an answer about my question dear EA Team ! Why we do not get any information about if new player likenesses will be added in Roster updates. It is writen in this article that will be worked on this now ?

They won't give an answer because these kind of things are perceived to have no-value-added to the customer at a business decision making level.

Most business decisions they will make needs to cross off two boxes: will it make EA more money AND does it have a perceived value-added to the customer.

Realistic faces, realistic equipment, and realistic arena music and goal songs do NOT fall in the category of "value-added" business practices as these things are NOT the primary reasons why people purchase NHL games.

This is the reason why goal songs were removed, player gloves are just re-skins and the the glove models are all the same (if you play hockey you would know not all glove shapes are the same).

This is also the reason why HUT is and always will be EA's priority.
    Froommey wrote: »

ANA- Lindholm, Gibson
    BOS- Krug, Carlo
    CGY- Tkachuk, Lindholm
    CAR- Hamilton, Faulk
    CHI- Schmaltz, Crawford
    COL- Rantanen, Barrie
    CBJ- Werenski
    DAL- Bishop
    DET- DeKeyser, Mantha
    EDM- Larsson, Talbot
    NSH- Forsberg, Arvidsson
    NJD- Vatanen, Schneider
    PHI- Provorov
    SJ- Hertl
    STL- Perron, Parayko
    TOR- Andersen
    VGK- Karlsson, Smith
    WPG- Trouba, Hellebuyck

Please give

They won't give an answer because these kind of things are perceived to have no-value-added to the customer at a business decision making level.

Most business decisions they will make needs to cross off two boxes: will it make EA more money AND does it have a perceived value-added to the customer.

Realistic faces, realistic equipment, and realistic arena music and goal songs do NOT fall in the category of "value-added" business practices as these things are NOT the primary reasons why people purchase NHL games.

This is the reason why goal songs were removed, player gloves are just re-skins and the the glove models are all the same (if you play hockey you would know not all glove shapes are the same).

This is also the reason why HUT is and always will be EA's priority.

I am an ex Hockey player. Can be that for many others it is not important, but for many it is. Also a reason to buy or not to buy the game are smaller details. Other important Sport games are nearer to realism as NHL issues. Sure it is clear that Hut for them has more priority for business, but also many small things ( many small are missing) will bring customers. Whether I like to work like a Professional or not? When I promise something to do in an article I usually do what I promised.
  • darkryd3r
    81 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    To me most possible realistic graphics and visuals like faces, equipment, rosters, crowds, jerseys, sponsorship, stadiums, ices, boards etc. are very important. NHL 19 is still far beyond of nowadays other titles. Of course, licences are still hard to get. However, would be appreciated if the NHL franchise could take further steps towards realistic graphical issues too (beside of gameplay to which I am quite fine with).
  • Would like to ask again about ? Hope to get an answer from a moderator ?
  • Pastrnak likeness is not close either. GF is highly disappointed at this.
  • Froommey
    614 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Stalkrmd wrote: »
    Pastrnak likeness is not close either. GF is highly disappointed at this.

Pastrnak is from last year. Lindblom from Flyers and Hayton I like from the new faces. They look really good. They told in this article that they want to work for more player likenesses. I hope they will do what they promise and add with roster updates.
  • Kotkaniemi Face scan please !
  • Maybe an answer today ?
  • Froommey
    614 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Can we await the new Face Scans and player likenesses at a Roster update as written in the article ?
    https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/07/26/ea-answers-the-hard-questions-on-nhl-19-player-likenesses-commentary-changes-eashl
  • Can we await the Face Scans as written in the article ?