EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Patch is out Thurusday

Replies

• Mattius14 wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »
    Was really hoping to see "fixed an issue where players could mash the sticklift button 35 times in 3 seconds with no penalty".

Have you tried not skating directly into defensive players? That would be a good start. Maybe skating to the open ice would be helpful.

You're completely missing the fact that it takes ZERO SKILL to just mash the A button and be rewarded.
  • j0rtsu67
    405 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for fixing (or adding...) the post game Action Tracker in EASHL! It also works in Hut now (not same stupid still image anymore).
  • Did EA tune down the cpu reaction time in general? Their skating seems a lot more realistic and they don't seem to rocket around the ice without the puck any more. Feels really organic and really good. I'm really surprised.
  • Mattius14 wrote: »
    Was really hoping to see "fixed an issue where players could mash the sticklift button 35 times in 3 seconds with no penalty".

Have you tried not skating directly into defensive players? That would be a good start. Maybe skating to the open ice would be helpful.

I've probably played over 1000 eashl/dropin games every year since NHL 10 so let's lose the elitist vs noob, internet tough guy, attitude and talk like adults. I'm mostly referring to scrums in the corners for loose pucks etc. There are times you have to end up near people and the sticklift ballet insues and it looks ridiculous.
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    Mattius14 wrote: »

I've probably played over 1000 eashl/dropin games every year since NHL 10 so let's lose the elitist vs noob, internet tough guy, attitude and talk like adults. I'm mostly referring to scrums in the corners for loose pucks etc. There are times you have to end up near people and the sticklift ballet insues and it looks ridiculous.

To me, it's actually looking good - there are stick battles in the corners every time... One will get away with it, for certain. Use boardplay, chop the puck, stick lift, etc.
  • Sinbin
    1304 posts Member
    SahioX wrote: »
    Mattius14 wrote: »

To me, it's actually looking good - there are stick battles in the corners every time... One will get away with it, for certain. Use boardplay, chop the puck, stick lift, etc.

Stick lifts are pretty out of control. You still take penalties, but not near as often as you should. I like stick battles too, but this is being abused from bad angles.
  • For everyone panicking about the DR errors not being addressed in this patch, relax!

EA can make changes on the back-end and not need to necessarily update the game via code (patch) you need to download. In fact if you would all remember, the changes where you can only search for 5v5 in drop-ins was affected overnight without any game updates being available.

So that's a bit of good news on top of what Ben's already mentioned about a fix being in the works for next week (hopefully).

Also, this patch rocks. They nearly included everything that needed to be fixed in one comprehensive update. There's still a few more things to iron out, but if this is how they're going to be handling patches for NHL from now on, color me not only impressed, but very pleased!
    YouTube: VeNOM3099
    Twitch: twitch.tv/venom3099

• VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    For everyone panicking about the DR errors not being addressed in this patch, relax!

EA can make changes on the back-end and not need to necessarily update the game via code (patch) you need to download. In fact if you would all remember, the changes where you can only search for 5v5 in drop-ins was affected overnight without any game updates being available.

So that's a bit of good news on top of what Ben's already mentioned about a fix being in the works for next week (hopefully).

Also, this patch rocks. They nearly included everything that needed to be fixed in one comprehensive update. There's still a few more things to iron out, but if this is how they're going to be handling patches for NHL from now on, color me not only impressed, but very pleased!

That update came from our online producer actually. He has a unique account on here. Trust his word for online related topics much more than mine as he is right in the details with that team and will give you the best info :)
  • Stick lifts will be looked at via tuner along with a couple other balance pieces. We have a tuner already in the works which is most likely a week out still though. We like to separate patch and tuner updates to isolate their impacts and let the dust settle before another change and anything with balance impacts needs adequate testing.

We can agree right away on what should be on the list to look at (even though sometimes we don’t) but executing a change takes much longer

• RayFinkle1515
    351 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @NHLDev

While we are here:
    • Added Private Matchmaking PIN to Drop-in and Club Dressing Rooms (feature to replace old Club Challenge system) MORE INFO

Can you guys elaborate on the future plans yet? Since it's released now? I'm super happy CC and PINS are back and glad you guys took the time to make sure you had a working system. But from the article:
    "There are more benefits to the new Challenge feature which we’ll be excited to share with you when the feature is available in game, including the ability to have randomized teams."

I'm curious about what else is planned for this if you guys are allowed to talk about anything
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    Stick lifts will be looked at via tuner along with a couple other balance pieces. We have a tuner already in the works which is most likely a week out still though. We like to separate patch and tuner updates to isolate their impacts and let the dust settle before another change and anything with balance impacts needs adequate testing.

We can agree right away on what should be on the list to look at (even though sometimes we don’t) but executing a change takes much longer

Thanks for the update.
  • There is a lot of good stuff in the patch notes for offline players, including the Adidas templates in the creation zone, and franchise mode fixes.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • Axel_Owretchsin
    289 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    No legends in rosters still?

Sure the patch is pretty big (supposedly) and they can't do everything in one go, but I consider that to be huge and was a prized feature that should work out of the box. It's been 2 weeks.
  • No legends in rosters still?

Sure the patch is pretty big (supposedly) and they can't do everything in one go, but I consider that to be huge and was a prized feature that should work out of the box. It's been 2 weeks.

Wouldn't that kind of issue be addressed via Roster update instead of a fix/patch??

• NHLDev wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    For everyone panicking about the DR errors not being addressed in this patch, relax!

That update came from our online producer actually. He has a unique account on here. Trust his word for online related topics much more than mine as he is right in the details with that team and will give you the best info :)

Ah. Duly noted. I just saw a red banner and immediately thought it was you. ;)

• VeNOM2099 wrote: »

I haven’t been able to play the game for 3 weeks so nothing outside of it being fixed today would have been “good news”. The fact that it can be fixed outside of a patch marginally decreases my irritation but the fact that we don’t even have a definitive timeline on the fix other than “hopefully next week” just serves to re-amplify it.
  • barrett098 wrote: »
    Doesn't say anything about fixing the dr error codes. :s
    Dressing room error codes will have a server fix likely to go out sometime next week. We are stress testing the fix at the moment. Will update when we are good to go live with that.

What about the Power Play stat issue in the box score? You used to be able to see how many goals you scored on the power play, now it just lists one number. It's "4" instead of "2/4".
  • htb56wn8v76p.jpg

Still getting this nearly a month after i bought the game, its unacceptable, and even worse is how customers have not only found it hard to get a refund, but that EA don't seem to think that this is anything other that PR or customer services disaster and feel no need to officially apologise or offer something for the inconvenience. Disgusting.
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    Also, does: "Fixed an issue in Drop-in where when a user sometimes joined an existing session from matchmaking it would prevent all users from entering gameplay"
    Mean we can now get true 6v6 in drop in games?

I believe it is still set to 5v5, no chance of a fully human controlled match. Had several matchmade dropin games end with 5 humans v 5 humans. I'd rather it work out this way than not have it at all. Yes, a 6v6 would be welcome. Hopefully they bring it in when they fix this brutal Dressing Room Error bug.