EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Fix Rebound Glitchers

Prev1
FakeHockey
173 posts Member
edited October 2018
It's insanely boring to just rush back to stock a rebound glitch.

I literally see scrubs on a 2 on 1 veer off to the boards after crossing the blue line go throw a dud on net. Really? Instead of making a game that rewards good puck movement you reward the cheesiest looking thing ever.

Replies

• EpiCxOwNeD
    587 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Nothing gets me more angry than get scored on by multiple rebounds again and again. If you can’t cheese in the slot or pass for one timer, just shoot the puck! Your goalie will put it on the other oppponents stick instead of kicking it towards the boards. But yeah, rebounds are a joke.
  • Some rebounds suck, I admit. One thing I've been working on as a goalie is to predict where the rebound will go by seeing where the puck is hitting me, and start sliding right as it hits.
    It works pretty well. Of course not all of them, but quite a bit more then before I focused on it and learned to read the shot hit better.
  • Depends on the mode, but in EASHL your dmen can handle the rebounds by correct positioning. You just cover the opposite side, be there before the opponent and deny that space from him.
  • Getting rebounds is a glitch? News to me. there are a lot of things in this game you could complain about that should not be one of them. Just because you think it requires no skill doesn't mean its not a legit way to score goals.
  • T_Bachlov wrote: »
    Getting rebounds is a glitch? News to me. there are a lot of things in this game you could complain about that should not be one of them. Just because you think it requires no skill doesn't mean its not a legit way to score goals.

Yeah, also using your joystick on your controller is a glitch, any direction, especially in the upward direction, so be careful.
  • Yeah, and successful poke checks are a glitch too. I can't believe that I'm not a super player that keeps the puck at all times no matter what happens and how every shot I take doesn't go in. /s
  • Yeah, could we change this thread to "Rebound Exploiters"? Rebounds are not a glitch, they occur in every NHL game that is played. However I do agree, many users abuse them.

Like @Sgt_Kelso said, good positioning will eliminates these chances. It may seem like a pain to counter, but if that's all your opponent is doing, it's pretty easy to stop.
  • I'm talking about eashl 3s. You guys must just be so perfect. It's ridiculous that on a two on 1 you have to rush to your net and hope you pick the puck up quicker than the guy picking up the glitch rebound. It's exploitation and judging from this thread alot of you must really rely on it. Sad.
  • The rebounds in this game can be infuriating at times. Not because shooting for rebounds isn't a good hockey play. It's mostly because the shots that should be easy to control generate the best rebounds while hard shots into the pads seem to get swallowed by the goalie.

And then there's plays like this where even if you put yourself in position to defend the rebound you know is coming.....

• i always hated these along with deflections. takes 0 skills, just game handing out goals.
  • guacapoli wrote: »
    I'm talking about eashl 3s. You guys must just be so perfect. It's ridiculous that on a two on 1 you have to rush to your net and hope you pick the puck up quicker than the guy picking up the glitch rebound. It's exploitation and judging from this thread alot of you must really rely on it. Sad.

Nobody is saying they are perfect. At least I haven't stated it, nor have I read that in this thread. Like I said, I completely agree, players absolutely abuse this shot. However, what you just explained is playing defense isn't it? If there is a 2 on 1 occurring and the player decides to shoot, doesn't he have every right to? You as a defender have to try and decide whether you go for the block, go for the pass, or play the puck.

Now if you're saying that the player is skating all the way to the boards to shoot the puck for a rebound, then yes, I agree, that's ridiculous. But if they are between the circles I don't see anything wrong with this.

Playing defense has become very rewarding this year if you have great positioning. I will never say get good or anything of the sort, but adapting and being in the right position would definitely help in this year's version.
  • The rebounds in this game can be infuriating at times. Not because shooting for rebounds isn't a good hockey play. It's mostly because the shots that should be easy to control generate the best rebounds while hard shots into the pads seem to get swallowed by the goalie.

And then there's plays like this where even if you put yourself in position to defend the rebound you know is coming.....

Obviously you need to get good.
    I'm talking about eashl 3s. You guys must just be so perfect. It's ridiculous that on a two on 1 you have to rush to your net and hope you pick the puck up quicker than the guy picking up the glitch rebound. It's exploitation and judging from this thread alot of you must really rely on it. Sad.

That's called "playing defense" my guy. I could understand calling this an exploit in 1v1 OVP because there you do not have the help of reliable teammates that can predict the play... but in EASHL modes you and your team should be denying that space regularly.

Also, if you're constantly giving up 2 on 1s isnt that a problem in itself? How about one of your forwards plays higher in the zone to prevent this?

Lastly, if I'm on a 2 on 1 rush and the defenseman is taking away the passing lane and I dont think I can snipe the goalie then of course im going to shoot for a far side rebound... that's hockey 101. I wouldn't cross the blue line and skate straight to the boards like some of these cheeseballs do... but I'll definitely attempt to get my teammate a rebound.

I play D almost exclusively. I love people who try to use this exploit on me when I play 3's and 6's. Simple positioning and Its a two on one back the other way. It works on me if they're in close. But that is just a hockey play and I have to decide whether to block back door pass, go for hit, block the shot. The little games in the game. "Rush to the net and hope you pick the puck up quicker" is this not part of the d-mans job? This exploitation is not something I rely on but are you telling me that you have never used it?

Having said that. It is straight up cheese for people to purposely go wide and try to exploit the rebound all game long. I feel this could be nerfed a bit.
  • VIDSICIOUS wrote: »
    The little games in the game. "Rush to the net and hope you pick the puck up quicker" is this not part of the d-mans job?
    Santini3 wrote: »
    That's called "playing defense" my guy.
    that's hockey 101.
    Playing defense has become very rewarding this year if you have great positioning.

• T_Bachlov wrote: »
    Getting rebounds is a glitch? News to me. there are a lot of things in this game you could complain about that should not be one of them. Just because you think it requires no skill doesn't mean its not a legit way to score goals.

2 problems with your comment:

1- goalies always give out the same rebounds and on the same angle. They are extremely predictable unlike real life hockey. Do it 20 times, get the same result 20 times.

2- goalies don't follow up on their saves. Any goalie is taught to follow through and follow the puck after every single save, which this game doesn't provide. After saves goalies just sit there as if stunned they made an actual save. Welcome to the joys of set animations.
  • SpillGal wrote: »
    VIDSICIOUS wrote: »
    The little games in the game. "Rush to the net and hope you pick the puck up quicker" is this not part of the d-mans job?
    that's hockey 101.
    Playing defense has become very rewarding this year if you have great positioning.

Its a two on two and you're not even facing the puck carrier. L2 or turn on auto back skate to face the puck carrier. Bad defence here. Just a typical hockey play. I don't feel like the shooter was being exploitive. I think puck pick up may be an issue here but poor positional play is the main benefactor of this goal.
    SpillGal wrote: »
    that's hockey 101.

Its a two on two and you're not even facing the puck carrier. L2 or turn on auto back skate to face the puck carrier. Bad defence here. Just a typical hockey play. I don't feel like the shooter was being exploitive. I think puck pick up may be an issue here but poor positional play is the main benefactor of this goal.

He had the puck right there on his stick and the pickup failed. That is the main issue. You are not wrong that he could have been positioned a little better, yet he did have that puck right there pretty much on the blade of his stick.
  • sgiz1
    535 posts Member
    Stop the immature "get good" stuff, gheesh.. Exploits and glitches can't be stopped by simply being in position, etc. That's why they are called exploits and glitches because they defy the normal % success rate of normal situations. All you can do is slightly reduce it's effectiveness by being in good position, etc.

The shot from the wing to purposely produce a juicy rebound back side to a teammate is indeed an exploit and should not be nowhere near as effective as it is, EA should program the goalie make this save clean more often or even deflect the rebound back to short side, not an automatic juicy rebound back side.

It is indeed a cheesy way to score.

It's a video game, goals should be earned, should be clean goals, etc. random chaos, rebounds, deflections, etc. are in real hockey but unsatisfying and boring in a video game because you can't control it, it's random garbage.
    SpillGal wrote: »
    that's hockey 101.

He had the puck right there on his stick and the pickup failed. That is the main issue. You are not wrong that he could have been positioned a little better, yet he did have that puck right there pretty much on the blade of his stick.

The offensive player extended the stick to cause the turnover after the rebound. I have many issues with the puck pick up system where its just a cluster fluff of players picking up and dropping the puck. Some games are worse than others. But the more I watch this video the more I blame the player for not facing any of the forwards.