EA Forums - Banner

Patch is out Thurusday

13Next

Replies

• Thrustie wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    For everyone panicking about the DR errors not being addressed in this patch, relax!

EA can make changes on the back-end and not need to necessarily update the game via code (patch) you need to download. In fact if you would all remember, the changes where you can only search for 5v5 in drop-ins was affected overnight without any game updates being available.

So that's a bit of good news on top of what Ben's already mentioned about a fix being in the works for next week (hopefully).

Also, this patch rocks. They nearly included everything that needed to be fixed in one comprehensive update. There's still a few more things to iron out, but if this is how they're going to be handling patches for NHL from now on, color me not only impressed, but very pleased!

I haven’t been able to play the game for 3 weeks so nothing outside of it being fixed today would have been “good news”. The fact that it can be fixed outside of a patch marginally decreases my irritation but the fact that we don’t even have a definitive timeline on the fix other than “hopefully next week” just serves to re-amplify it.

Well the day when YOU can just push a magical button that magically fixes things in a magical minute... You let me know. Would be great to have something like that at the shop where things actually require patience and work to fix.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Thrustie wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    For everyone panicking about the DR errors not being addressed in this patch, relax!

EA can make changes on the back-end and not need to necessarily update the game via code (patch) you need to download. In fact if you would all remember, the changes where you can only search for 5v5 in drop-ins was affected overnight without any game updates being available.

So that's a bit of good news on top of what Ben's already mentioned about a fix being in the works for next week (hopefully).

Also, this patch rocks. They nearly included everything that needed to be fixed in one comprehensive update. There's still a few more things to iron out, but if this is how they're going to be handling patches for NHL from now on, color me not only impressed, but very pleased!

I haven’t been able to play the game for 3 weeks so nothing outside of it being fixed today would have been “good news”. The fact that it can be fixed outside of a patch marginally decreases my irritation but the fact that we don’t even have a definitive timeline on the fix other than “hopefully next week” just serves to re-amplify it.

Well the day when YOU can just push a magical button that magically fixes things in a magical minute... You let me know. Would be great to have something like that at the shop where things actually require patience and work to fix.

I work in the Gaming (Slot and VLT) industry. If a manufacturer sold us a product that was this faulty and took this long to deliver a software revoke, they could potentially be losing a multi-million dollar contract. EA has the benefit of having this market cornered but that doesn’t excuse the outright sloppiness of this release and the lack of urgency in delivering fixes. You should really raise your expectations as a consumer. If you think that anyone who has been waiting a month to partake in something they’ve purchased should exercise patience, you’re doing all consumers a big disservice.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Thrustie wrote: »
    I work in the Gaming (Slot and VLT) industry. If a manufacturer sold us a product that was this faulty and took this long to deliver a software revoke, they could potentially be losing a multi-million dollar contract. EA has the benefit of having this market cornered but that doesn’t excuse the outright sloppiness of this release and the lack of urgency in delivering fixes. You should really raise your expectations as a consumer. If you think that anyone who has been waiting a month to partake in something they’ve purchased should exercise patience, you’re doing all consumers a big disservice.

I work in the Computer Industry. All day long I get to deal with people that wouldn't know a Byte from a Bit. But they all expect that when a problem happens to their computer, we obviously have a magic button we push and PRESTO!! All their problems are fixed!

Were it so easy.

Again, the longest part about FIXING something, is ANALYZING what is causing the problem.

[Socair - edited to remove baiting remarks]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • PrototypeX85
    115 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    "Likely next week."

There really needs to be some compensation to those of us that were forced to miss the first month of EASHL. We missed the most active month of the game. So when the fix does go up.... "Hey, welcome back. Enjoy spending a long time trying to find games because the community has moved on to other games." I'm more mad at Sony at the moment. Been attempting to get a refund since release and finally today they told me to stop calling about the issue or they'd ban my account. Their excuse this time was that I've spent too much time playing the game. Yeah, because I spent way too much time trying to get the mode I bought the game for to freaking work. So two things are certain. 1, this is officially my last NHL game (already uninstalled). 2, no more going through the PS4 store to buy games. Everyone is so damn anti-consumer these days.

... Gameplay changes sound nice, but again, I've already uninstalled the game and have no intention of playing it at the moment. I'm ranting, but whatever. Feel like I handed over $60 and got nothing but frustration in return. NHL 19 was set to bring life back into the franchise, and now plenty of people are moving on to other things. I just can't believe that after the connection issues present in the beta, the game was STILL released in this state. EA gladly took our money before we realized that all they changed was the name of the error. That's absolutely terrible, especially for a company trying to escape from being known for its anti-consumer business tactics.
    Post edited by PrototypeX85 on
  • They'll get it back up and running just in time for nobody to play the game anymore because we are all gonna be playing red dead redemption 2.
  • It's really hurt scouting for leagues. I just get so frustrated. Think I'm 3 for 12 today. I just have to quit because 1: I get so ticked. 2: I feel bad for other players on my team

Side note: can we get rid of timer at end of games? I appreciate the action tracker added now, but with the timer kind of limits recording and such. Trying to do highlights with hits, goals, saves takes a bit.

Thank you for keeping us updated on this though. It's just very frustrating.