EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 (Or later version) coming to PC?

Replies

• Sgt_Kelso
    1323 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Hey PS4 has sold 500 million units, so it must have the biggest NHL user base, right? 500 million NHL players...

Of if you want to use the reverse logic, NHL 18 for the PC has sold 0 units, so it would have the smallest userbase? Stands to reason, right?
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Hey PS4 has sold 500 million units, so it must have the biggest NHL user base, right? 500 million NHL players...

Of if you want to use the reverse logic, NHL 18 for the PC has sold 0 units, so it would have the smallest userbase? Stands to reason, right?

No. His logic is that pretty much all of you who want a PC version are saying you will dump the console version. So you would be, in fact, not adding sales. Just changing the column in which that sale was made.

So you want EA to add resources to create a PC version that you will essentially already purchase on the console version, which requires 0 resources.

Do the math with that instead of imaginary situations.
  • I was joking, trying to point out his logic is anything but. I guess I failed then? :/
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I was joking, trying to point out his logic is anything but. I guess I failed then? :/

Well, maybe I am the one who failed lol. Sorry, didn't notice the humor. My bad.
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I was joking, trying to point out his logic is anything but. I guess I failed then? :/

Well, maybe I am the one who failed lol. Sorry, didn't notice the humor. My bad.

I almost replied the same exact way, then paused and considered sarcasm. I guess I'm glad and waited now haha
  • Well - I'm someone who hasn't bought any of the current gen games as I'm on PC only.

I'd assume I'm not totally alone on that. Surely there is money to be had that's currently not being spent on EA NHL at all that could be had if a PC version came along.
  • twoorb wrote: »
    Well - I'm someone who hasn't bought any of the current gen games as I'm on PC only.

I'd assume I'm not totally alone on that. Surely there is money to be had that's currently not being spent on EA NHL at all that could be had if a PC version came along.

Since they have seen how well Madden has done I'm sure they are seriously thinking about the NHL PC version. It's untapped sales

• Follisimo wrote: »
    twoorb wrote: »
    Well - I'm someone who hasn't bought any of the current gen games as I'm on PC only.

Since they have seen how well Madden has done I'm sure they are seriously thinking about the NHL PC version. It's untapped sales

Have they released the PC sales for Madden? I'm intrigued to see that.
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    twoorb wrote: »

Have they released the PC sales for Madden? I'm intrigued to see that.

They didn't say any numbers for anything but said Madden 19 is selling great across the board. PC Madden plays so much better than console Madden though

• No. His logic is that pretty much all of you who want a PC version are saying you will dump the console version. So you would be, in fact, not adding sales. Just changing the column in which that sale was made.

So you want EA to add resources to create a PC version that you will essentially already purchase on the console version, which requires 0 resources.

What about the huge contingent of players that are PC exclusive, like me?
    There are millions of PC gamers that don't own a PS4 or Xbone. That's a completely untapped market, with no competition for EA.
  • No. His logic is that pretty much all of you who want a PC version are saying you will dump the console version. So you would be, in fact, not adding sales. Just changing the column in which that sale was made.

There are millions of PC gamers that don't own a PS4 or Xbone. That's a completely untapped market, with no competition for EA.

I completely get where you're coming from, but you're barking up the wrong tree. This isn't my decision.

IMO, if it were that simple, and that big a market, don't you think they would have done it by now? What does common sense tell you? Why would they not tap into that "huge market" by now?

I completely get where you're coming from, but you're barking up the wrong tree. This isn't my decision.

IMO, if it were that simple, and that big a market, don't you think they would have done it by now? What does common sense tell you? Why would they not tap into that "huge market" by now?

You seem to be placing an awful lot of faith in EA's ability to gauge the potential player base.
    I'm not sure why, because the surveys for the NHL games they put out only go to the players who bought the game already (single use URL emailed to you).
    This is the corporation that won "Worst Company in America" two years in a row.
    When was the last time EA took stock of the situation? Do you know? Was it last year? Three years ago? Seven? EA won't say.
  • EvanAshopenace
    712 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Zingoheight - God of Death , I.. hereby Demand NHL 19 and future generations on PC and upgraded graphics to Nivida and Amd and Xboxone and PS4 Controller Support and I want 3.2ghz or 3.4ghz speed on it, I want 1080P Support and HDMI support and High End Graphics , ability to change graphic settings from low to medium to high and very high and ultra, in-built in Anti-aliasing to 4x or 8x or 16x and astrophy to 16 and vertical Sync and direct x 12 .

this is message from Zingoheight - god of death (Evan Ashopenace)
  • Please, what do we gotta do to make this happen? I stream from PC and would love to include NHL on my channel, but I stream in ultrawide at 60fps, I'm not grabbing a ps4 copy just to play it. I'll wait. You have tons of potential customers!
  • SpadesCO_tv
    13 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm just going to keep posting to keep this thread higher. If EA wants demand, I'll be here daily. EA holds the license for NHL but makes no attempt at a PC title. It's a stalemate. The company wont make us an NHL title but wont let the license be used by any other company to create it. Stop shafting PC gamers EA
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    They arent totally disconnected from social media and the forums you know. Just because they dont post doesnt mean they arent actively reading.

And just because they're actively reading doesn't mean they think your ideas matter over their own. I've seen the most brilliant ideas posted on these forums with large majority of support only to just create a fun discussion because that's where it ends. On a forum. On a computer screen for somebody to read and think, "Wow that's a great idea!" And that's pretty much it.
  • EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    B-Bunny wrote: »
    They arent totally disconnected from social media and the forums you know. Just because they dont post doesnt mean they arent actively reading.

And just because they're actively reading doesn't mean they think your ideas matter over their own. I've seen the most brilliant ideas posted on these forums with large majority of support only to just create a fun discussion because that's where it ends. On a forum. On a computer screen for somebody to read and think, "Wow that's a great idea!" And that's pretty much it.
    I'm going to touch base on this however I don't want this thread to be derailed any further afterwards, so I'd appreciate if we kept it on topic.

Honestly Ben alone (NHLDev) reads the forum more than any user or Community Manager ever has, I see him on far too late at night and far to early in the morning. Anything I've ever flagged with him he has already read/seen. At this stage I'm pretty sure he doesn't sleep. I know for a fact that despite being the producer/dev for gameplay he passes on any thread out of his own area of expertise to the relevant dev.

As far as taking ideas from players, there are also legal implications behind this from what I know. Here is an official EA article on this: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-do-i-submit-my-idea-for-a-game/

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY IDEA FOR A GAME?

We’re not able to accept product ideas or game concepts from people outside of Electronic Arts.
    We love that you’re just as passionate about our games as we are, and we know how much time and effort goes into game and product ideas and submissions.

That being said, we have thousands of employees worldwide who are also developing new ideas for games and game features. Some of these ideas see the light of day, but many don’t. Because of our creative range, we can’t take ideas or concepts from people outside of Electronic Arts.

Have you ever considered working in the game industry? We often have opportunities on the creative front for people like you. Keep your eye on http://careers.ea.com and see if any of our open positions piques your interest. And if you’re thinking about pursuing an education in interactive entertainment, check out http://careers.ea.com/students.

@SpadesCO_tv , I understand that you have good intentions in trying to keep this thread at the top of the forums however this is also against our forum rules:
    Bumping threads or messages: Doing this once or twice is fine. Multiple bumps in a short period of time is considered spamming. Use your bumps wisely.

Everyone considers their question important, if we didn't have this rule we would just have threads with "bumps" everywhere :smile:

I think it's safe to say that there won't be an NHL 19 on PC and as for the future generations for NHL if we were to announce this at one point it wouldn't be a dev or a Community Manager replying to a post, it would be an official announcement.
  • SpadesCO_tv
    13 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    So you want demand for the game but when demand starts to be created you throw up your rules and guidelines. I'll make sure I bump and post wisely. Thanks for the answer and even more reason to not support EA what so ever.

Also, this is beyond good intention. You guys hold the NHL license but havent put out a title to PC gamers since 2008. This is a complete slap to the face of the gamers who helped build EA up in the first place. Multibillions in profit and new HUT cards for sale daily, but you cant put these files on a PC for us to play?

This is a complete joke.
  • Forizeal
    11 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Okay people, lets be realistic here. Games like madden, nba2k and fifa sell more copies on thier first day of realise than nhl does the full year combined ofcourse it makes sense to release a pc version. You cant compare the sports where hockey is much less popular. We’re lucky we get a console game with the low sales let alone a PC game. I would like to see a PC game as well but its not realistic to ask for one.
  • Forizeal
    11 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Dude I’m still waiting for NHL to support frostbite and HDR lol. 2 years behind on that as well. Been in fifa and madden for 2 years now, even perhaps live?