EA Forums - Banner

Latest Update: WoC Drop-in Matchmaking and Dressing Room Errors

Replies

• Everyone takes turns getting kicked out of 6s and 3s. This is getting old and it takes us 20-30 mins to find a game. Update didnt do anything.
  • Last night was the worst, constant DR errors and even though everyone was readied up at the matchup screen, both teams would have players d/c. Very frustrating, just makes you not want to play this game anymore because you're spending more time in the DR searching and trying to get back into games than even playing them. I don't see how you guys over at EA still haven't figured this out yet, especially when this was an issue in the BETA. You're losing more and more customers each year to gameplay, add this onto it and you're gonna going to lose even more at a faster rate.
  • 0 for 3 today on 3s of all game modes. Dressing room errors galore.
  • PSN: Forror

3 Consecutive Dressing Room Errors, 1 as Room Leader, other 2 with teammates as Room Leaders.
  • Has there been any word about any more upcoming fixes yet?

The server fix didn't work, the client update came and went... Are we stuck with this for another month?
  • The dressing room errors are much worse than before. After 6 straight game attempts with at least 1 person getting the dressing room error, i just shut off my PS4. PSN: NIT_THE_TRIT
  • PS4 here played alot of Club games today noone got kicked, but we did see opponents get kicked
  • PS4 here played alot of Club games today noone got kicked, but we did see opponents get kicked

Yeah, pretty much the same with us. Yesterday we played 5 club games without any issues, plus we had one where one opponent dropped out before the game started, so they all quit. We encountered the same opponent in the next attempt, and that time the game started without issues.
  • MiIczar
    67 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    PS4 here played alot of Club games today noone got kicked, but we did see opponents get kicked

Yeah, pretty much the same with us. Yesterday we played 5 club games without any issues, plus we had one where one opponent dropped out before the game started, so they all quit. We encountered the same opponent in the next attempt, and that time the game started without issues.
    This relates to my post here https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/comment/2003246/#Comment_2003246 . In your case only one oppo player got a DRE, but if there were more oppo players with this error, where only one oppo player didn't get it, then all of you would get the DRE as well.
  • How is this not fixed yet? the issue was in the beta! but no lets make sure you can buy loot bags those work just fine! i play this game for EASHL and can not even do that, with Red dead 2, BO4, Fallout and many other games coming out this game is dead to me. By the time the game is fully functional no one will care about it anymore. I just wish i could get a refund for my $80 dollars but that wont happen because i bought it digital and not though orgin. They should just go back to how 18 was i never had any issues ever on there. Great job guys way to totally mess up a game at launch and still not fix it a month later! I want my money back never been this mad about a game ever!
  • SahioX
    101 posts Member
    MENU 19 is very frustrating to play right now. It takes 30+ mins to get a game going, and when it does, there is still the very likely hood of something wrong is going to happen.

DRE is killing the mode as it is, plus the ODR debacle, it makes a very poor gaming experience.
  • MooseHunter10
    403 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Shame that the year they finally revamp the skating engine is also the year where there'll be no one left playing online 2 months after release. No one wants to spend more time in menus than in the game, and its only going to get worse as the population shifts to AAA titles in 2 weeks.

[Comment edited]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
    EASHL player
  • SkillaOil
    22 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Found that after patch, early in the day, drop in works but still getting DRE though in season steady. So tried something and noticed if i went from playing a full drop in game to a season game after it, it would work once with no DRE but would get an imediete DRE after if i tried to play again so we would go back to the drop in and play and then season it would work again....not all the time though.
    Once night came and more users went online everything would stop and the DREs would get so bad nothing worked.
  • I've given up on drop in modes and have been playing the "Be a Pro" offline mode. It's actually pretty decent. The AI seems to have been revamped and does a good job.

The one pretty serious quibble I have is the fact that it doesn't display the current formation/strategy by the coach. Pretty sure once we have the lead the coach is putting us into a dump and sitback NZ trap strategy, but the only way to know is to watch the AI bots on my team and go by that... Coach just tells me to "Set the Tone", "Get the first goal", or do L2 twirls...

Me as player, "Hey Coach, do we forecheck in a 2-1-2, 3-2, or 1-2-2?"

Coach answers, "Do bank passes and push people around in front of the net."

Me, "Right, but what's formation?"

Coach, "That's a secret I only tell the bots, now stay in position."

• So are we going to get any kind of follow up to this issue and the "fix" that didn't work for most people.

@EA_Roger @NHL_ONL_Producer
  • Error code every game played past the first for me.
  • EA_Cian
    253 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I've removed some recent posts. Carry on.
  • I'm not here to talk any trash. I would just really like this DRE issue fixed, please. Organized club play starts this week and while I find it annoying for me to restart the app after every game, it's even more annoying for my teammates. I don't get a specific error code, just DRE and have had this since Beta. EA, pls fix.
  • Hawkgoalie wrote: »
    So are we going to get any kind of follow up to this issue and the "fix" that didn't work for most people.

@EA_Roger @NHL_ONL_Producer

Just want to know the same I think the entire community can agree that the matchmaking needs to be addressed now. How can we even judge gameplay if we can’t play the game. We tried clubs again last night and got 3 matches outta over 20 attempts. We have never been able to play more then 3 of us in a group together on clubs or drop in soon as we have a fourth one of us gets the DRE Everytime. We are all real life friends and Just wanna play some team hockey. Please EA. You guys are so close to having A great addictive online experience which would add many customers for you. Blizzard Entertainment would never let this go down for this long. Nor would Activision. Come on boys get it together here and you’ll win!
  • Do we have an ETA on full (12) 6s drop in lobbies?