EA Forums - Banner

Latest Update: WoC Drop-in Matchmaking and Dressing Room Errors

Replies

• Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Malazzan wrote: »
    Do we have an ETA on full (12) 6s drop in lobbies?

In case you missed it, this was said by NHL_ONL_Producer a few days ago:

"Just the DR error codes. The full session fix is still being tested and will have to go through server stress testing as well, so that fix won't likely come out until later next week."
  • FYI, I was just dumped into a drop in room with 2 v 3, no time left to back out, game launched and crashed.
  • We certainly hoped that the dressing room errors were going to be reduced but after reviewing the data, unfortunately, there has been no change. In the latest patch we have added additional information that can be turned on via gameplay tuner set, so we have a change that will likely go out tomorrow that enables that extra info. It will be another day or two of analyzing that data to determine where in code the errors are occurring. When I have more info to share out with you, I'll be posting to this main thread.

The Full Session issue - We hope to have out soon, but not ETA at this very moment. Stress Testing has been completed but we are waiting on the results and the go ahead before we schedule the deploy to the retail servers.
  • MiIczar
    67 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Hi Devs,
    As I have mentioned before, I'm getting the DR error every time when I want to play next game after the first one. The only way to play next game is brake an internet connection just for 1 second and reconnect to EA servers, and do it every time after finished game.
    But! A friend of mine has the same internet as I have (cable internet), from the same provider, and he doesn't have any DR errors. He can play game after the game (I know, he is lucky guy). We both use an ethernet cable, of course. But there is one difference - we have different modems from the provider.
    I think it could be a useful hint for you. Someone mentioned about it in previous pages (or at Answers HQ) that it could be a matter of some values in modems or routers.
    I cross my fingers for you, guys, because after 2 weeks the 'reconnecting method' starts annoying me ;)
  • Hawkgoalie
    24 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    So basically we are back to square one and you guys are trying to find where the issue is coming from still? Unreal man

[Removed all caps]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Malazzan wrote: »
    Do we have an ETA on full (12) 6s drop in lobbies?

In case you missed it, this was said by NHL_ONL_Producer a few days ago:

"Just the DR error codes. The full session fix is still being tested and will have to go through server stress testing as well, so that fix won't likely come out until later next week."

We ARE pretty much "later next week", which is why I'm asking.
  • We certainly hoped that the dressing room errors were going to be reduced but after reviewing the data, unfortunately, there has been no change. In the latest patch we have added additional information that can be turned on via gameplay tuner set, so we have a change that will likely go out tomorrow that enables that extra info. It will be another day or two of analyzing that data to determine where in code the errors are occurring. When I have more info to share out with you, I'll be posting to this main thread.

The Full Session issue - We hope to have out soon, but not ETA at this very moment. Stress Testing has been completed but we are waiting on the results and the go ahead before we schedule the deploy to the retail servers.

I don't know if this helps any. Over the weekend my kids and I noticed that if both teams ready up before the countdown hits 10-12 seconds the game would load. This is likely coincidence but maybe worth noting for members in the community to try. So essentially get everyone to ready up as soon as you see your opponents.
  • mrcory2000
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Here’s another thing that might be helpful even though this is rediculous im just trying to help. You know a dressing room error is coming when the background doesn’t change. So both teams ready up and it begins to try to start game. If the background goes black before the loading screen comes up you know your good. If the background doesn’t change you know a dr error is coming. We say over the mic” the lights are still on” which signals people to quit so we can try again. This is in 6v6 or 3v3 club.
  • MiIczar
    67 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    mrcory2000 wrote: »
    You know a dressing room error is coming when the background doesn’t change. So both teams ready up and it begins to try to start game. If the background goes black before the loading screen comes up you know your good. If the background doesn’t change you know a dr error is coming.
    Not always. If the background turns to black screen then the game should launch, but sometimes you can get DRE in spite of black screen, not because you got the DRE, but because someone else got it. A simple example: let's say it's 2v2 and 1 guy gets DR error while the other players have black screen, then the game won't start, because it's impossible to play 2v1, so in this case you all get the error. I described it here https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/comment/2003246/#Comment_2003246

It also happens in Ones. I can have black screen, but after longer loading I get DR error, probably because 1 or 2 opponents unfortunately get the error during matchmaking. It kicks me off, because I can't play 1v0 :smile: With my friend we call it "a long black screen", which means there will be the error anyway.
  • Had a gameplay update today, still didnt fix errors..........bah
  • SkillaOil wrote: »
    Had a gameplay update today, still didnt fix errors..........bah

It won't be a tuner it would be either a patch or server-side update that EA deploys.
  • @BruinsHockey08
    In the latest patch we have added additional information that can be turned on via gameplay tuner set, so we have a change that will likely go out tomorrow that enables that extra info....

I thought that was what the gameplay update i had to click yes to today was for? ??
  • mrcory2000 wrote: »
    Here’s another thing that might be helpful even though this is rediculous im just trying to help. You know a dressing room error is coming when the background doesn’t change. So both teams ready up and it begins to try to start game. If the background goes black before the loading screen comes up you know your good. If the background doesn’t change you know a dr error is coming. We say over the mic” the lights are still on” which signals people to quit so we can try again. This is in 6v6 or 3v3 club.

Doesn't work that way for us. It's strange because it is usually the same 2 guys on our team that get the error. Out of the 125 +/- games we have played I have only gotten the error personally maybe 3 times.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    FYI, I was just dumped into a drop in room with 2 v 3, no time left to back out, game launched and crashed.

Made a thread about this last week. Crickets. Here's what I wrote.

Now that you're letting people join in-progress lobbies, I've now been getting into lobbies where the timer is a few seconds from the red (where you won't let people back out). I think this needs to go for one. The lobby had four people on my team when I joined. When the puck dropped, there were only two. You're forcing people that arrive to late to decide if they want to play or not, to basically dashboard their game. It's leaving suckers like me that actually stay, high and dry. Either the game is more AI than players or the game crashes from lack of players. Instead of stopping people from leaving, it should be that no one should be able to join at a certain time (say.. 10-15) seconds before the game starts. That way, people know that's what they're going to get and can leave if they want to so the lobby can either drop or the timer restarts to it can fill again.

I know you implemented some of this to keep people from dropping, but it's happening anyway.
  • DREs have no changed today, still just as bad.....also even after update, i started a drop in which usually doesnt work either but this time it did until about 5 seconds after puck drop then...bam crashed and booted. One month later.........
  • Its drop in, ones, club. Anything on world of chel and its very annoying. We expect matchmaking difficulties especially seeings alot of people felt ripped off by nhl18 and still havent got 19. But the dressing room error is completley unnaceptable and there needs to be a quick fix soon becsuse its already gone on long enough.
  • Man...
    hopefully you guys can fix these issues before the beta for nhl20 starts! Beta overlapping beta may just create an implosion lol

seriously though....at what point do you guys stop selling this product on an annual basis and especially at premium price point?

• PrototypeX85
    115 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Man...
    hopefully you guys can fix these issues before the beta for nhl20 starts! Beta overlapping beta may just create an implosion lol

seriously though....at what point do you guys stop selling this product on an annual basis and especially at premium price point?

This is my issue. If the game is hardly ever ready for release and has major issues that extend well into its release year, why are we constantly getting charged full price?

Remember back in NHL 15 when EA announced that EASHL would be absent like 2-3 weeks before the game's release? And then they vowed to make up for it in future games? Yeah, here we are. Four games later. Another broken mess of a game released, with EA having no problem taking our money for it.

Hopefully they aren't up too late at night wondering why they're viewed as the most anti-consumer business in the gaming industry.
  • Ya'll make a change or something? Just got my first full 6v6 game in weeks...
  • Jimmy_Jammers_34
    8 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but I did last night. So obviously, the big "fix" to get around dressing room error on EASHL has been to "test my connection" after every game. It completely cuts the connection and drops you from EA's server. .... Last night, I was playing 6v6 as I always do. I can NEVER play back-to-back games. Just one good game, then a dressing room error. Last night, after my last 6v6 game, everyone signed off but one friend and we decided to jump into a 3v3 game. I naturally got the dressing room error because I was trying to play a second straight game... and this time, it threw me back into the 6v6 locker room. At this point, I started to think that it seems that what is happening here is: EA's server is thinking I'm still in post-game with my last game (6v6 in this case) and won't let me join another until I completely leave it (aka cut the connection). .... Additionally, after discovering this, I started to wonder about the situation. When a game ends, I typically click through and EXIT TO HUB manually. ... After theorizing that it still thinks I'm in post-game I decided to let the timer run out and have it naturally send me back to hub, instead of forcing it on my own. I did this and got into a second straight game without a dressing code. I'm going to continue to test this tonight by not leaving games until the timer runs out. I'm hoping this is the issue. I've tried opening ports. I even bought a CAT6 cable to run through my house to up my speeds from 40 down wirelessly to 80 down wired (both of which should have no effect on this). .... One last note, I'm am the club creator. I'm the ONLY one in my club with this issue. I also wonder if there's an issue there with just club creators.