EA Forums - Banner

Drop-in 6s fixed?

VeNOM2099
3178 posts Member
edited October 2018
Last night it was still on 5 players per side. I boot up just a few minutes ago, go into drop-ins, pick 6s and there's now 6 player spots per side. When it finds a game there's a 60 second timer and it allows empty spots to be filled in by new players.

@NHL_ONL_Producer can you confirm if an update was made in recent hours?

Replies

• Hmmm I will check on PS4 around 830 tonight
  • Yes we went live with a server update early this morning to allow full sessions back into Drop-in
    so 6v6 allows for a full 12 players and 3v3 allows for 8
  • YAYYYY!
  • BassMan_PC
    357 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    That's good to hear. Now we need to get the dressing rooms working so that everybody can stick together after the game and when backing out of matchups.
  • Yeah, it's not perfect yet, but at least you can find full rooms again and it lets people fill up open spots. There's only two glitches I ran into so far. #1 is when I tried to back of a search and it just looped me into the "canceling search" message and I couldnt' do anything until I closed the app. #2 Just a few seconds ago I tried to search and it landed me in a room with only 2 players on my side and 3 on the other. The problem was that the timer had only about 5 seconds left, so it locked me into the lobby and I couldnt' back out until I dashboarded again.
  • Snapcaster1
    240 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I just want to add I have played 3 successful drop Ins 6v6. FULL HOUSE!! We have a group of 4 of us together and keep returning to same dressing room! Dressing Room Error Free thus far today don’t wanna jump the gun but starting to smile a bit! Thanks for showing us some progress EA!
  • Slowly but surely guys. Thanks for being patient with us. There were and still are a few nasty issues here that need are attention.
  • Slowly but surely guys. Thanks for being patient with us. There were and still are a few nasty issues here that need are attention.

Without having to get to technical what nasty bugs are still left?? What exactly are these bugs preventing to do right??

Without having to get to technical what nasty bugs are still left?? What exactly are these bugs preventing to do right??

The Dressing Room error that is primarily happening only for PS4 users

Silly question maybe, but I would assume the servers for PS4 and Xbox are separate. Have you guys verified if there was a mistake in copying the code over to the PS4 side? Have no idea how the servers work, but just a thought. Just find it weird only 1 console is causing issues, so I am assuming the problem has to be specifically on the PS4 servers.

Anyways, patience is getting low, but I feel for you guys and hope you will resolve it soon. Hang in there.
  • Played 6s last night - full teams. Only issue was one Dressing Room error. Most of the games were fine.

Silly question maybe, but I would assume the servers for PS4 and Xbox are separate. Have you guys verified if there was a mistake in copying the code over to the PS4 side? Have no idea how the servers work, but just a thought. Just find it weird only 1 console is causing issues, so I am assuming the problem has to be specifically on the PS4 servers.

Anyways, patience is getting low, but I feel for you guys and hope you will resolve it soon. Hang in there.

i'm sure the problem is with authentication. you have to be logged in and authenticated with PSN. I'm sure that they are checking that every time you load the game. Must be a problem somewhere in there that is PSN specific.

i'm sure the problem is with authentication. you have to be logged in and authenticated with PSN. I'm sure that they are checking that every time you load the game. Must be a problem somewhere in there that is PSN specific.

Could very well be. I have no knowledge of servers and infrastructure. Won't pretend to be an expert on it lol.