EA Forums - Banner

Physics Based Shooting

This is something that's bugged me for a few years. Not a major issue, but a something that just bugs me every time I see it.

There's no physical way possible to make that shot given the position he's placed it ( directly in front of him ) and the way the blade of the stick is positioned. But this kind of shot is a staple of this game and is a major reason for a lot of the in-close exploit goals.

I know this is a video game and some allowances must be made to make the game fun to play but I'd love to see the position of the puck relative to the players body and the blade of the stick come into play in shooting ( and passing ). Not just magic pucks launching themselves off the stick.

Replies

• Been saying this for years. Good luck getting anywhere with it.

It's been used as a cheese goal since new Gen.

Good post. Nobody will discuss it because it isn't a hot button topic.
  • Really, the only thing wrong here is the animation. If the stick moved upwards to the left with the blade turning upwards it would be fine. The puck carrier has complete control and a real player would be able to make that shot from that angle. I know what you mean, but this video doesn't show it.
  • I think this is too much to ask for. do you really want to prevent the player from shooting the puck from nearly all angles? There are fun and realism, and this one falls more on the side of fun IMO. it would be impossible to use some of the camera angles if it was physics/weight based.
  • nickels55 wrote: »
    Really, the only thing wrong here is the animation. If the stick moved upwards to the left with the blade turning upwards it would be fine. The puck carrier has complete control and a real player would be able to make that shot from that angle. I know what you mean, but this video doesn't show it.

Not a chance. With the puck that far out in front of the center of your gravity you'd have to edge it onto its side and shovel it. And even then you're not getting that type of power on it.
  • SpittinFiar
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    my guy did a 70mph backhand in the oppisite direction.

i somewhat agree with animation comment.

you can back hand pull it into a quick release forehand snapshot a little bit in front of your body at leas power and it would require an extra second for the goalie to prepare and react.

how they would code that, idk
  • my guy did a 70mph backhand in the oppisite direction.

i somewhat agree with animation comment.

you can back hand pull it into a quick release forehand snapshot a little bit in front of your body at leas power and it would require an extra second for the goalie to prepare and react.

how they would code that, idk

I'd imagine the same way they'd code taking snap shots off your heels in this game. Backdating away from the net while released forward is nerfed hard in this game, as it should be.