EA Forums - Banner

Latest Update: WoC Drop-in Matchmaking and Dressing Room Errors

Replies

• JArcese wrote: »
    Just so everyone knows I recently completed an online chat with EA customer service. In their words there are currently no issues with the game. I have the chat transcript to prove it. Unreal

EA chat doesn't know the specifics of the game, as long as the servers are up, the game is working fine.
  • MiIczar wrote: »
    Have you heard the great news? They have identified a fix for the issue. The update is coming up soon.

Ha

But I mean it. Take a look at this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Dressing-Room-error-playing-EASHL/m-p/7112097#M725
    MiIczar wrote: »
    Have you heard the great news? They have identified a fix for the issue. The update is coming up soon.

Ha

But I mean it. Take a look at this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Dressing-Room-error-playing-EASHL/m-p/7112097#M725

Says a fix has been found, and it may or may not make it in the next update.....

Um, sorry but what kind of answer is that? Should this fix not be released within hours of being found? How many paying customers are not able to play, yet the fix may or may not release soon?? I am hoping that person is misinformed and that the fix is imminent.

Ha

Um, sorry but what kind of answer is that? Should this fix not be released within hours of being found? How many paying customers are not able to play, yet the fix may or may not release soon??
    It doesn't work like that. The updates are not a snap of fingers, they can't just upload it and press 'send'. As I know it's a complex procedure. It have to be approved by EA and SEN, including the release date.

Ha

Um, sorry but what kind of answer is that? Should this fix not be released within hours of being found? How many paying customers are not able to play, yet the fix may or may not release soon??
    It doesn't work like that. The updates are not a snap of fingers, they can't just upload it and press 'send'. As I know it's a complex procedure. It have to be approved by EA and SEN, including the release date.

Look at that response in that link. HE says he hopes it will make it in the next update, or the one after that....

Ha

Look at that response in that link. HE says he hopes it will make it in the next update, or the one after that....

Sooo... December update?? Yay...

Ha

Ok, and? I know exactly what he says. What's your point? I just responded to your digression about releasing the fix within hours. And whether the fix will come with next update or with another one, that's a different story.
  • 6v6 turned into a 5v2. Great game. Love drop ins.
  • The fix was said to be server side? From what the dev told us on here they don't need to patch it. Seems like they're misinformed.
  • I didn't think it could get worse than the beta. Boy was I wrong!
  • Can't even find a 3s game with two people for drop in. Matchmaking error.
  • Omg we found a game. 20 minutes later. It's the same guys we couldn't start with 20 minutes ago! And... Dressing room error.
  • deadman9999
    877 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    RSall14 wrote: »
    The fix was said to be server side? From what the dev told us on here they don't need to patch it. Seems like they're misinformed.

The server side fix was for drop ins not the dressing room errors that will need a patch.. kinda funny how the devs haven't kept us informed in over a week or.so?
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    The fix was said to be server side? From what the dev told us on here they don't need to patch it. Seems like they're misinformed.

The server side fix was for drop ins not the dressing room errors that will need a patch.. kinda funny how the devs haven't kept us informed in over a week or.so?

It's because they don't want us to get even more angry when they fail to meet their own deadline again. They said early October for this fix. They don't know how to fix it and they don't want to resort back to old formatting for rooms.

Thus, we wait until Red Dead to stop playing hockey!
  • PrototypeX85
    115 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    RSall14 wrote: »

It's because they don't want us to get even more angry when they fail to meet their own deadline again. They said early October for this fix. They don't know how to fix it and they don't want to resort back to old formatting for rooms.

Thus, we wait until Red Dead to stop playing hockey!

Or go back to Monster Hunter World. That's what I'm doing at the moment. XD

But yeah, I'm gonna have no free time once Red Dead Redemption 2 and Fallout 76 come out.

I'd LIKE to play hockey, but I'm hardly ever in the mood to spend more time trying to find games than actually playing them. I just have no desire to play NHL 19. Part of that is because I'm burned out after buying every game day 1 since NHL 07, but ultimately it's the dressing room errors and long wait times to find games that prevent me from playing. Ah well. 13 years in a row is a pretty good run. This is the year I retire though, for multiple reasons. Some of which aren't EA's fault. lol
  • Times Up EA.

This year you had the most promise of any year on this generation, and you blew it with the menus and servers. CODs out, RDR is out in 8 days, you have run out of time to redeem yourself.
    EASHL player
  • I hope they also fix the bug that forces you to kill the game after backing out of a room. Seems like it breaks the search function.
  • Getting more DRE's the past few nights on PS4. We mostly get the DRE in club.

Last night:

Four of us were in club and did about 15 total searches. We got into 6 without one of our team players or one of their team players drop just before game launched. In club if 1 of us crash before game launch we quit and try again. I am assuming when the other team has a player drop they do the same as we kept loading into the game to then get the disconnected message. I am assuming they got the error when they lost a player. Our team had a total of 5 DRE's. 3 were from 1 player alone, I had one and another teammate had the other.

This was our worst night for the DRE. We moved to drop and had more success. I did players would fall out just before game launch but generally if a teammate crashes in drop-in the rest of the drop in players continue anyway.

• PS4
    Brutal!! no successful clubs games tonight 5 of us in 6v6 clubs tried 5 times and all of us reset game after every attempt! one of us would always get the DRE. Honestly it was almost perfect last Saturday with only 1 drop outta 15 games with no resetting at all tonight was the worst so far. no games where we could all make it in. I hope you guys crack this bug soon so we can enjoy this game. It’s really fun when it’s working and so frustrating and disappointing when it’s not.
  • Let's go Devs no reason you can't update us on what's going on