EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

EA NHL Sales - End of Hockey Gaming?

Replies

• Poke logic needed adjusting the second tuner did that fine ... Stick lifts in the original tuner were overpowered, goalies were terrible to start , now they are decent ... The AI stopped crashing the net so hard and scoring as much on their own net
  • Devs arent touching this one...go figure
  • Above1988 wrote: »
    Devs arent touching this one...go figure

Right??! Over 80 replies and 0 from Dev. Very happy people are contributing. I haven played NHL19 in a week and I don't even miss it. That just makes me sad.
  • Nuckles37
    80 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    It's honestly amazing how they went from a fun, decent game in the beta/on release that needed some minor tweaking to a boring, crappy game within a couple of weeks with their terrible patch + servers. The beta was the best game they put out on the current gen consoles by far, it's not even close. Now it feels like NHL 17/18 again. If they don't fix this soon I'm definitely skipping out on NHL 20, because even if the game is decent in beta/on release they can just push out a patch within a couple of weeks to ruin the game yet again.

Note to EA: a super realistic hockey game isn't going to be fun to play. You need to make it a bit more arcadey, fast-paced, and skill-based like the 360/ps3 days.
  • Dixonyu
    649 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    You guys complaing about the tuner need to check yourselves... Many improvements were made, not gonna list them again ...

Set your tuner back to default and play some games offline, then come back to this thread. You will see that poke check logic was bad making pokes an instant penalty button meanwhile stick lifts could be done from a few feet away and rarely would get you a penalty for spamming or lifting on a bad angle ...

[Socair - edited for profanity]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Soo.. my in for ea hockey IQ might not be so good..but I played for 20yrs..so there’s that.

Poke checks: way too many penalties. Right now it feels as if touching the A or RB have a 20%chance of not drawing a penalty

Pick ups: for some reason I skate over the puck a lot..particularly in the corners. It could be me getting frustrated and overwhelming the game with inputs.

Skating: what happened? The game was profoundly unfun since coming to Xbox one. I couldn’t even buy the last two versions. Checked them out on ea access eventually and didn’t feel bad about skipping them. Then this version happened and it was fun again. Come back from a work trip and it’s suddenly a slog. I see a lot of people complaining about being caught on breakaways..to me top end speed never seemed the problem. It’s the short burst acceleration which is key. I feel if they made us a little quicker again it would go a long way.

Ice tilt: I don’t really see it. Sure the momentum swings and anything can happen. That’s hockey. I find if when the other team surges if solid positional D is played things are fine. However everyone needs to play that D. If you get one person acting like a mite chasing the play around like a fool everything’s goes to 💩. While frustrating that’s fine because hockey is about position and creating seams

In summary. Make us a little quicker, tune up pickups and tune down stick related penalties. Ie make it trip people less. Especially when scrumming around for the puck and go from there. That last tune in regard to 6v6 drop ins was just not positive and needs to be rectified fast.

Ps: arcade 3’s is straight dumb. Get rid of it

Ones: actually pretty good and a place to work out your 1 on 1 skill. Which is pretty much what pond hockey/stick and puck at the rink are all about.

Casual gear: kinda really like it..makes it easier to identify my player out there which is a bonus not to mention..I’m all old now. Stick and puck is all I play anymore. Haven’t strapped on full gear in years..so it Kinda makes sense.

Pps: don’t miss announcers at all. Been turning down the volume on tv announcers (cause they’re annoying) since the 90’s.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..

So you would feel better if a dev came here and said sales are consistent as previous years?
  • Definitely time for 2k to make games again , or the company who makes mlb the show? Having one hockey game isn’t cutting it anymore seeing how ea is out to screw us

Right??! Over 80 replies and 0 from Dev. Very happy people are contributing. I haven played NHL19 in a week and I don't even miss it. That just makes me sad.

Was just in Walmart (in Canada) and NHL 19 has dropped to $49.96.. Just in case you aren't aware new release games are 90% of the time $79.99. I haven't ever seen an NHL game go this low in such a short period. Usually it isn't below $50 until the following NHL game is release. Makes me sad as well.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    The only thing that might wake up EA is competition. Sadly, there is none.

Nope, here is a competition :)

• ricvrhzmdlls.jpg

I'd say customer retention is a struggle, you know since we all paid $60+ for a beta version of the game.
  • Sully6683 wrote: »
    ricvrhzmdlls.jpg

I'd say customer retention is a struggle, you know since we all paid $60+ for a beta version of the game.

To all of you that think nothing is wrong with the trend this game is on, Do not be fooled by this trickery. It is obviously an Andy Warhol !

Seriously though, what source did this come from originally?
  • And why does the graph represent January numbers? Can you link the source material Sully?

If you think that is anything considered “competition” in any sense of the word, you are grossly mistaken.

• Dmarsh37
    3 posts New member
    edited October 2018
    That is a screenshot from google trends. Not directly correlated to sales. But clearly interest in the game/patience for EAs year after year crap is waning.

[edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on

If you think that is anything considered “competition” in any sense of the word, you are grossly mistaken.
    You're right, there's no competition... It's on PC and EA has absolutely nothing to offer there. :wink:

But seriously, I wonder was that video purposely in slo-mo?

• j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Moxrox84 wrote: »

You're right, there's no competition... It's on PC and EA has absolutely nothing to offer there. :wink:

But seriously, I wonder was that video purposely in slo-mo?

See what happens when you play a game (nhl19) that supposes to simulate hockey in 4 minute periods instead of 20.
    Everything seems like in slow-mo now Lol
  • Dmarsh37
    3 posts New member
    SaydaNeen wrote: »
    Above1988 wrote: »

Was just in Walmart (in Canada) and NHL 19 has dropped to $49.96.. Just in case you aren't aware new release games are 90% of the time $79.99. I haven't ever seen an NHL game go this low in such a short period. Usually it isn't below $50 until the following NHL game is release. Makes me sad as well.

In Canada... that speaks volumes

Well, this old game does still a lot of things better than the latest version from EA. So in that sense, yeah, I see that as a competition.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!