EA Forums - Banner

Latest Update: WoC Drop-in Matchmaking and Dressing Room Errors

Replies

• I play everyday and I swear it changes daily but last weekend they almost had it. In my opinion it was very close to error free and full 6v6 games Saturday October 13 and Sunday the 14th don’t know if that helps @EA DEVELOPERS
  • so when is the game coming out of beta stage?
  • I'd also like to mention that I have many instances of the "search" getting hung. Even though population is "normal", and the Avg Search: is 21s, the entire thing hangs. I now it hangs because I went for a run and came back and it was still circling. Even canceling won't stop it. The only thing I can do it kill the game as whole. I have this problem occurs on two Xbox's, one is wireless, the other hard-wired. It's nothing to do with my network.
  • kapitanron
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Enough is enough. NHL 19 price is now $49 in Canada, and it was $79 when launched just a month ago.

(https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/nhl-19-ps4/6000198405148)

I paid $99 so I could play early, and I still can't play the only game mode (EASHL) I care about.

I want a full refund (digital) so I can go buy the one at Walmart (once I have confirmation that EASHL is working). EA, who do I contact for digital refunds?
  • The state of this game is absolutely ridiculous. Can’t play club without someone getting dropped. Can’t find a drop in game at all. I don’t play HUT but I’d bet you can find a HUT game pretty easy right about now 🤔
  • The state of this game is absolutely ridiculous. Can’t play club without someone getting dropped. Can’t find a drop in game at all. I don’t play HUT but I’d bet you can find a HUT game pretty easy right about now 🤔
    HUT and Vs both work but are extremely sluggish.
  • CMBDeadly wrote: »
    The state of this game is absolutely ridiculous. Can’t play club without someone getting dropped. Can’t find a drop in game at all. I don’t play HUT but I’d bet you can find a HUT game pretty easy right about now 🤔

If they're sluggish, check your internet connection.

Working fine here.
  • @EA_Roger @NHL_ONL_Producer
    Our club has a player that absolutely has not been able to get a game cause of the DREs but we noticed the other night that once he joins the club room, we have to ready up and search immediately and when we find a team to play if all teams dont ready up with at least 19 seconds on the clock or more to start the game, he gets a DRE, but if the teams are actually ready and ready up fast with 20 secs than he never gets a DRE.
    Hard to find a game where other teams are actually ready to play instead of run the timer out. Not sure if this works for everyone but it does for us and its been non stop DREs before this for over a month straight.
  • CMBDeadly
    177 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    CMBDeadly wrote: »
    The state of this game is absolutely ridiculous. Can’t play club without someone getting dropped. Can’t find a drop in game at all. I don’t play HUT but I’d bet you can find a HUT game pretty easy right about now 🤔

If they're sluggish, check your internet connection.

Working fine here.

Kid, your opinion of vs or Hut are yours. It's not just my opinion that it is sluggish it's others. I play it and dislike the sluggish feeling of transitions. It's not an internet connection when I am playing offline in Hut and get the same issues.
  • One game our team is flying like mcdavid, where guy feels like a feather to control after puck drop and the next game imedietely after its like our guy have cement in boots, skating like lucic does when hes winded. Right off puck drop to, its not the connection, its programming or whatever you want to call it. Almost like team keeps there bumps and bruises and low -high momentum game to game...?
  • @EA_Roger Why did you stop updating us?
  • pontuslu wrote: »
    @EA_Roger Why did you stop updating us?
    I'd assume they think the Forums are toxic(just like Riot and other game companies act when the fans aren't okay or lining up with their exact vision) and have decided to just ignore us and work on their own time.

The gaming industry from companies perspective is a difficult monster. Entertainment and food are the big industries where people are vocal in their feelings about it.

Game devs in particular from the wordings from Kotaku and others such as Jessica Price believe that we as armchair devs have no bearing or idea what we are talking about because we aren't trained in the field.

Which is honestly a common sentiments among game devs. It's their vision we are just participating. So if you and 500 people complain then they will bend over backwards to accomodate as the public perception is all they care for.

If you and your buddy complain it's easy to ignore especially on a forum where people go to bat for a company that honestly doesn't try to put out fully realized games.
  • Can you blame people for being toxic at this point? Some of us wasted $60+ to play a mode that we can barely even play. It's been a month and a half. Enough is enough. With digital refunds being impossible to get, EA has successfully stolen that money from their customers. That's as anti-consumer as it gets, and it's no wonder they are routinely recognized as the worst company in the gaming industry.

I get that the NHL team is small with limited resources. That's fine. But that's still no excuse to release the game in this state, and they sure and hell shouldn't charge as much as AAA games. There's just nothing there to justify the price that these games release at. I knew when World of Chel was announced that the developers were being way too ambitious. They simply don't have the resources for such a massive overhaul without problems coming up. The result is a game being released at full price that is just straight-up broken if you purchased it to play club.

Obviously it works fine for some people, and that's great. But why should those of us that can't get into games get screwed out of the money we spent on the game? It's incredibly unfair. All I can do at this point is not buy another NHL despite being a huge hockey fan. I just don't have it in me to give EA money for NHL 20 after they ripped me off this year. Why pay them twice?
  • Can you blame people for being toxic at this point? Some of us wasted $60+ to play a mode that we can barely even play. It's been a month and a half. Enough is enough. With digital refunds being impossible to get, EA has successfully stolen that money from their customers. That's as anti-consumer as it gets, and it's no wonder they are routinely recognized as the worst company in the gaming industry.

I get that the NHL team is small with limited resources. That's fine. But that's still no excuse to release the game in this state, and they sure and hell shouldn't charge as much as AAA games. There's just nothing there to justify the price that these games release at. I knew when World of Chel was announced that the developers were being way too ambitious. They simply don't have the resources for such a massive overhaul without problems coming up. The result is a game being released at full price that is just straight-up broken if you purchased it to play club.

Obviously it works fine for some people, and that's great. But why should those of us that can't get into games get screwed out of the money we spent on the game? It's incredibly unfair. All I can do at this point is not buy another NHL despite being a huge hockey fan. I just don't have it in me to give EA money for NHL 20 after they ripped me off this year. Why pay them twice?

So true, physical refunds are just as hard to get because of copyright laws, sadly the best option would be to take the $20 from GameStop or put it on eBay. It’s so incredibly frustrating and it feels like it’s not the priority. As a consumer we don’t have other options for and NHL title sadly and the only mode I play is absolutely broken, I’ve been able to play one game in club.. They have not delivered on the game the fans wanted. I’m hoping they do right by the fans and issue credits to people but I am doubtful. Is a fix before November too much to ask? The way they handle this may be a embarrassing stain on a pretty great franchise and the fan base may need to make a statement with their money next year.
  • It's been said many times, but the NHL team is NOT small. There is an article in the Montreal Gazette where they did a piece on NHL 18 and they are 250 employees working on the NHL game alone. As for small budget, that's debatable. Obviously they don't get as much as Madden or FIFA teams do, but it's not "small" by any measure.

What I think the NHL dev team gets less of is CLOUT. I mean they're working on an NHL game and sadly, the NHL currently is a very small market compared to other major sports. I can imagine Ben going to his superiors asking for resources to make the game better or fixing issues and they're like: "But it's just an NHL game..."

Sadly no matter how much passion and dedication the devs have for this series (and I believe they have a lot of it), if they can't convince the big wigs that it's worth investing time and money in it, we're not gonna get very far. And it's a losing proposition from the get go being a small market pro sport they're trying to emulate in videogame form.

At this point it is what it is. We can all disagree with how EA does things. We can disagree with some of the decisions the devs have made. But at the end of the day, we just want a game that works and that we can enjoy. So far after a month and a half, it's a very mixed bag...
  • deadman9999
    877 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    It's been said many times, but the NHL team is NOT small. There is an article in the Montreal Gazette where they did a piece on NHL 18 and they are 250 employees working on the NHL game alone. As for small budget, that's debatable. Obviously they don't get as much as Madden or FIFA teams do, but it's not "small" by any measure.

What I think the NHL dev team gets less of is CLOUT. I mean they're working on an NHL game and sadly, the NHL currently is a very small market compared to other major sports. I can imagine Ben going to his superiors asking for resources to make the game better or fixing issues and they're like: "But it's just an NHL game..."

Sadly no matter how much passion and dedication the devs have for this series (and I believe they have a lot of it), if they can't convince the big wigs that it's worth investing time and money in it, we're not gonna get very far. And it's a losing proposition from the get go being a small market pro sport they're trying to emulate in videogame form.

At this point it is what it is. We can all disagree with how EA does things. We can disagree with some of the decisions the devs have made. But at the end of the day, we just want a game that works and that we can enjoy. So far after a month and a half, it's a very mixed bag...

Communication is key though Look at Friday the 13th gane, the game is considered dead by many but if their servers are down or anything they communicate on their social media pages, it's been over a week since.an official response to DR errors on PS4, keeping fans in the dark is never good for the consumer or the product
  • At what point do the share Holders or Sony Execs themselves start to intervene and force EA to answer what's going on?
  • At what point do the share Holders or Sony Execs themselves start to intervene and force EA to answer what's going on?

Will never happen, this small of an issue isn't even on their radar. Even if they stopped making the game all together, they still wouldn't care.

• This hole situation is very laughable at this point. No matter what way you look at it EA dropped the ball big time on this one, and they have given up on updating us on here. I think they have some sort of hurt feelings because people are blasting them. That's kinda what u get when u sell a game that only half works half of the time. People are rightfully very upset everyone feels it's not a big deal to them and that's there fault.
  • DR errors still man. I only bought this for LG play and I can barely get in to a game. Let alone practice with the team.