EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Its getting worse and worse

Lsoderlunde
posts Member
edited October 2018
Hello.

Ive been a NHL player for as long as I can remember, and the game just keeps getting worse and worse. I have played a few hundred of HUT matches in NHL 19 since the release date. And against players with zero legends on their teams, I win with 8-2, 6-1 etc. Pretty simple wins that is.

But as soon as someone has a legend or as almost everyone has these days, two first lineups with 87-88 + players its a complitly different game. I cant win. They are much faster, and as soon as they shoot its a goal.

I dominate the play, having 8-10 min in offensive zone with three times the amount in shots on goal. I still score 5-7 goals on 30 shots on goal, but when the player I play against shoots 3 shots on goals with legends its 3 goals.

Its all crap goals that end up with my own keeper putting it in the own net or something like that. This game is ridicoulus.

EA Games, way to mess up a game. I just cancelled my Playstation plus subscription and I aint coming back. Believe that.

[edited for profanity - Socair]
Post edited by Socair on

Replies

• Ya i've had some misfortune by my players putting the puck in their own net but I think theyve tightened the game up a bit. I've been trying to complete some of the offline challenges which are pro rated and find them much harder then the previous years.

I think a big problem is the people playing the game. You get a majority of players who will do whatever they have to, to win. Even if it means trying to score the same goals 50x in one day. I've been HUT since it came out in 13?(dont quite recall) and as the years passed the number of players with whatever it takes motto has grown. Last year it was just fire it on net low and have the far winger bang in the rebound. I still see a lot of it this year but I see more guys just shielding the puck down the boards around the net and trying to catch you switching players and cross crease it. I like to play to compete but at the same time enjoy it. It's different if you mix it up and try all that, but to sit there and try the same attempt over and over and over is getting out of hand. It's not just to occasional player, its like 50% or more.

Game seems to be finicky too, 80 overall teams are running a train on 87 over all teams in every aspect of the game... im probably just out to lunch but thats my 2 cents.
  • Here we have two posts, the first poster believes that higher rated teams have the advantage, the second poster believes the lower rated teams have the advantage.
    So who is right? Personally I do not believe in the “ice tilt” theory. I think 90% of the problems with this game are connection related.
  • Lowernu82
    409 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    nothing makes sense in this game, i just finished a game where their players were fast and responsive. mine were slow as hell, anytime i would take a pass it would slow my players down. like wth determines speed of your team? when you play an opponent with bigger, slower players you wouldnt expect them to outskate speedsters. Ive activated the speed synergy along with the burner one and it makes no difference. a team full of pwf should not skate circles around fast teams? either that or someone is neglecting to tell us something. these same people who are able to do this though have insane records of a win/loss ratio of 5:1. I'm tampered with all the line settings... hedman should not catch gaudreau when hes fresh off the bench. i dont know why i expect anything different year to year
  • BuzzBrody
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Lowernu82 wrote: »
    nothing makes sense in this game, i just finished a game where their players were fast and responsive. mine were slow as hell, anytime i would take a pass it would slow my players down. like wth determines speed of your team? when you play an opponent with bigger, slower players you wouldnt expect them to outskate speedsters. Ive activated the speed synergy along with the burner one and it makes no difference. a team full of pwf should not skate circles around fast teams? either that or someone is neglecting to tell us something. these same people who are able to do this though have insane records of a win/loss ratio of 5:1. I'm tampered with all the line settings... hedman should not catch gaudreau when hes fresh off the bench. i dont know why i expect anything different year to year

The game itself is no longer enjoyable. It is plagued by penalties, offsides, phantom plays and so many other ridiculous things that happen that after a game or two you have to shut it off and play something not published by EA.

[edited swear filter - Socair]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • I’m having a problem now of my players being noticeably slower after I got the Halloween Buff and upgraded my team, I’m getting beat to loose pucks a lot more than before and on the breakout my guys are not as smart as they were before sometimes letting the puck go right by them or steering away from stretch pass, my team used to also control the other teams breakout better now they leave giant whole for the one stretch out of the zone and before that was not happening they would challenge that stretch pass because I play the 1-2-2 passive now I can’t even tell what my ai is doing but it’s not hockey I can tell that for sure, drop in 6’s the guys play better lol. The only thing I’ve noticed works is a fully passive 1-4 or 1-3-1 but that’s no fun.
  • I've never quit so many games combined in the last 5 years then this game. no offense to anyone on the forum, but 90% of the players that are playing HUT are complete trash. they only have a few methods of scoring with no creativity, you're virtually playing the same opponent every damn game. theyve sat there and learned how to play off youtube clips. the opponents team is intercepting every pass where as my AI do not. their outlet passes go thru my players where my are intercepted... nothing makes any sense. the past 15 games have been my worst experience with this game since it existed. somethings up with faceoffs, im winning 25% of them, all my players are slower then my oppenents regardless size of how strategy is setup. they all have teams with a couple 83 players, the rest are 79-81s with no synergies active... no speedy players yet all your speedsters are outskated by hedmans... ive played 70 games online so far, ive won 38 of them i think, probably shouldnt have won half of them but got some bounces. 85% of the games im being outskated unanimously, just a complete joke and the kid on the other end is just loving it. down the boards to the corner, head out on an angle and top close corner... over and over.
  • Here we have two posts, the first poster believes that higher rated teams have the advantage, the second poster believes the lower rated teams have the advantage.
    So who is right? Personally I do not believe in the “ice tilt” theory. I think 90% of the problems with this game are connection related.

When the connection is "good" and the ping response is low, according to EA NHL... what do you do?