EA Forums - Banner

Latest Update: WoC Drop-in Matchmaking and Dressing Room Errors

Replies

• Sinbin wrote: »
    And this year it's the worst servers out of all of them. They're gradually getting worse and worse. The only thing that makes it less laggy is when the players aren't limited with poor agility. The beta played great even with Fatman lag. I had a game in the yellow in VS and I was shocked.

I have a game in the yellow now and I'm horrified that the next half hour is gonna be no fun.

You're not on EA's servers on Online Versus. If it's happening all the time for you, chances are good it's on your end. You can ignore it if you like and keep blaming EA, but that doesn't make sense since, again, you're not on their servers. Try opening ports. Check for a firmware upgrade. Check QoS. Those can all help.

For VS I just find it odd that half the games are perfect. So if they're perfect then what happens to the other half? I don't think half of my opponents would have an absolute garbage connection.

ok, so play 5 straight games, but every game you have to be home team. Back out and quit until you are home team. Tell me how many games out of 5 that had a bad connections. 10 would be a better number, but would take too long. I think 5 should be a small but fair sample size.

You would be amazed to see how many people are on wifi and other members are streaming and whatnot while the player is gaming.
  • Oboeee
    40 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    For anyone with a dressing room error, access your router configuration via a laptop or computer (just google how to do it for your brand).

Open up all ps4 ports listed on sony's website

Change DNS to primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4

Lastly, and most importantly, find "advertisement period" and "advertisement time to live". Adjust period to 40 and time to live to 10.

You are welcome, I figured out the issue this game was having before people that are paid to do so could. Now go ahead and ban me again if you choose to do so.

My psn is Oboe if you need help doing it.

Post edited by EA_Roger
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Oboeee wrote: »
    For anyone with a dressing room error, access your router configuration via a laptop or computer (just google how to do it for your brand).

Open up all ps4 ports listed on sony's website

Change DNS to primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4

Lastly, and most importantly, find "advertisement period" and "advertisement time to live". Adjust period to 40 and time to live to 10.

You are welcome, I figured out the issue this game was having before people that are paid to do so could. Now go ahead and ban me again if you choose to do so.

My psn is Oboe if you need help doing it.

Post edited by EA_Roger

Nah too much work how about EA just release the patch already that has the fix in it.....
  • MiIczar
    67 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Oboeee wrote: »
    find "advertisement period" and "advertisement time to live". Adjust period to 40 and time to live to 10.
    Seconds or minutes? But I guess you mean seconds.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, he's talking about Time To Live settings (TTL) which are usually in the DHCP Server section of your router firmware. And it's in seconds; by default your TTL should be 14400 seconds or 4 hours. Basically he's suggesting to let your DHCP Lease an IP to your system for 40 seconds and then renew it... Don't know why that would fix things with EA's NHL, but I would imagine it would create HAVOC on your home network.

If it's in hours it makes more sense, but again I fail to understand why that would affect NHL 19's servers causing the errors, but if it worked for him it's worth a shot.
  • MiIczar
    67 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    by default your TTL should be 14400 seconds or 4 hours. Basically he's suggesting to let your DHCP Lease an IP to your system for 40 seconds and then renew it...
    Don't you mean 1440 minutes? I know some routers display this value in minutes, some in seconds. 1440 minutes = 86400 seconds. This is value in my router. But actually, my router doesn't have such things like: "advertisement period" and "advertisement time to live" or TTL, etc. It has only "Lease Time" (86400 sec.).
    It doesn't work for me anyway. Besides I tried everything. Now I'm only waiting for fix from EA.

Post edited by MiIczar on
  • kapitanron
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Update on the fix:

"We are still investigating into what is causing Dressing Room errors for EASHL. Unfortunately, we still haven't found out the exact cause to try and address it. We appreciate your patience as we work to address the issue."

They don't even know what causes it yet LOL. Amateur hour. This isn't getting fixed anytime soon because HUT needs new cards made.
  • I just spent 3 hours on nhl tonight and only played one game. At this point I regret buying this game and probably won't buy the next one. Why would you release a game without fixing all the bugs firstand it shouldn't take this long to fix the issue either. I shouldn't get 6 dressing room errors before playing one game then 5 more before I got so frustrated and quit for the night. Get your act together EA and fix the issues or start refunding money back for selling a faulty product. This stuff shouldn't happen in 2019. This isn't your first game launch. At this piont all you have done is steal a lot of money from people. Ridiculous!!!!
  • They had 1.5 months between the end of the beta and the official release. They did not even look at this issue. This is straight up fraud at this point.
  • You almost think in the 1.5 months, plus the 1.5 months post launch til today, so 3 total months, that they'd just have been able to create a lobby system like the old games and start from that...

They're not even close to finding out what's wrong. So why don't you scrap that whole system together and design the lobby/room setups like we have requested...
  • PrototypeX85
    115 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    kapitanron wrote: »
    They had 1.5 months between the end of the beta and the official release. They did not even look at this issue. This is straight up fraud at this point.

Absolutely agree.
    Post edited by PrototypeX85 on
  • The thing I find strange is the list of fixes in the patch I've never read anyone complaining about, yet the issues I mostly read about haven't been addressed? Makes no sense.

Why not forget all that and focus on DR errors and bring back DR to drops?
  • Reading everyone’s comments , I’m so grateful Microsoft refunded my purchase of 19 a week after release because of these continued issues. Apparently that was the correct play as it still doesn’t work properly. Feel for you guys.
  • This release went from potentially the best NHL game in a decade to just another typical release plagued with network issues and an obsession with catering to casuals.
  • Do the replays in EASHL still label everyone as being a "center"? EA, you can't look anyone in the eyes and tell them you released a finished product.

You knew about the bugs. You knew how bad it was. You released it anyways.

At least be honest about it for once.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Do the replays in EASHL still label everyone as being a "center"? EA, you can't look anyone in the eyes and tell them you released a finished product.

You knew about the bugs. You knew how bad it was. You released it anyways.

At least be honest about it for once.

Yea, and the worst part is, Rammer stated in an interview that between signing off for the beta and then releasing the beta, they fixed over 1000 things in the game...

only 8700 more to go.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »
    And this year it's the worst servers out of all of them. They're gradually getting worse and worse. The only thing that makes it less laggy is when the players aren't limited with poor agility. The beta played great even with Fatman lag. I had a game in the yellow in VS and I was shocked.

I have a game in the yellow now and I'm horrified that the next half hour is gonna be no fun.

You're not on EA's servers on Online Versus. If it's happening all the time for you, chances are good it's on your end. You can ignore it if you like and keep blaming EA, but that doesn't make sense since, again, you're not on their servers. Try opening ports. Check for a firmware upgrade. Check QoS. Those can all help.

Not that simple. The home team is the host, and that can cause issues if the host knows how to bog down your connection.

Also, Online dev stated last near that not every single game is p2p. In some cases they are hosted on EA's servers. From what I recall it is when there is an issue where both players can't sync up properly or something along those lines.

For the best VS and HUT experience, you should always be home team.

I play as away frequently and it's extremely rare I have any lag. That's not even on an amazing connection. Lucky me I guess. All I did was use a wire and buy decent equipment.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »

For VS I just find it odd that half the games are perfect. So if they're perfect then what happens to the other half? I don't think half of my opponents would have an absolute garbage connection.

If half your games are laggy, it's very possible it's on your end. Run a UO Trace and see what kind of results you get.
  • kapitanron wrote: »
    Update on the fix:

"We are still investigating into what is causing Dressing Room errors for EASHL. Unfortunately, we still haven't found out the exact cause to try and address it. We appreciate your patience as we work to address the issue."

They don't even know what causes it yet LOL.
    What?! This is crazy. 10 days ago they said they found the solution ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Dressing-Room-error-playing-EASHL/m-p/7112097#M725 ) and now they say they haven't? What is going on here?!
    They treat us so unfairly ...
  • PuppyClubber
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    How is this okay? This is a 60 dollar game from a triple A company that literally doesn't work. You have an extremely dedicated fan base in hockey fans that have put up with your bugs and overall terrible treatment for yeeeeeeeears and are somehow messing it up even worse with a game breaking issue that you just can't 'find the cause of'. For the love of God, some other company please gain the rights to make a hockey game, EA's ineptitude is reaching new heights. Never thought it would be possible.

But hey, at least we can have letters on our jerseys now, WOW. A tiny feature that was mysteriously removed years ago for no apparent reason anyway.