EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Make Drop In Great Again

GramerProfesur
444 posts Member
edited October 2018
Likely won’t happen this year, but several things need to be implemented in drop in so people won’t avoid it like the plague:

1. Kick Button- this has been asked for years, it shouldn’t be that difficult to implement and avoid abuse. Only teammates can vote to kick each other, not opposite team. Griefers are THE #1 reason people don’t play drop ins

2. Commentary. I get that it’s “on the ponds” but put the drop ins at the Diamond Rink and find a press box for Doc and Eddie to sit in ala Miracle, Alaska style. Lack of commentary makes games feel longer and lack the intensity of other game modes.

3. Dynamic weather depending on Eastern Time. Not based on real life weather just allow us to play at night, in the sun, with an overcast, etc. All players play at night past 8 PM ET. Would make things a little more fresh.

4. Ability to use club jersey as a top in 3v3 Drop In and Ones. This would be a cool feature so we are always seeing something new and not the same getups every game

5. Easier system to buddy up and play with people. It takes way too long to get everyone in a party chat and some people leave the lobby before then. Been playing Forza Horizon 4 and the convoy system they have us great and it’s at the touch of a button. You know that people are intending to play with you and not just sitting in a lobby too lazy to back out.

Replies

• When are we going to get nhl jerseys in drop ins? I’m bored of the adidas hoodies
  • HockeyCityUSA
    500 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    jhuracan24 wrote: »
    When are we going to get nhl jerseys in drop ins? I’m bored of the adidas hoodies

I don't understand why we can't just use the home and away jerseys that we unlock in CHEL. Just keep hoodies and jackets locked. I highly doubt you will find anyone upset with that decision.

4. Ability to use club jersey as a top in 3v3 Drop In and Ones. This would be a cool feature so we are always seeing something new and not the same getups every game

I've been asking for this since the beginning. They could even do this for 6s. They just need to make sure Aways are strictly white and Homes are strictly dark. Don't allow the trolls to pick colors that could confuse people on the ice.
  • BassMan_PC
    324 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Needs to go back to the arena with the full atmosphere and commentary if they want to make it great again. Proper teams and uniforms too. No more clown gear.
  • I don’t like the outdoors and street gear.
  • Let’s get drop-ins to actually work first.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Needs to go back to the arena with the full atmosphere and commentary if they want to make it great again. Proper teams and uniforms too. No more clown gear.

They’re not doing that though. Lets be realistic. I’d rather have it that way but the clown gear is unfortunately here to stay. Lets make the best of it
  • I been searching for 10 minutes and can't find a 3s eashl drop in game. This game is officially redDEADredemption
  • I been searching for 10 minutes and can't find a 3s eashl drop in game. This game is officially redDEADredemption
    Yup, 3s drop in matchmaking has been broken for a few weeks. I never had an issue at launch, but something changed.
  • Boss: "Shareholders are demanding we monetize online play! HUT is not enough!"
    Rammer: "But boss, we only have an 11 month development cycle! What could we possibly do!? This game barely changes already!"
    Boss: "Aren't cosmetics big right now? Shoehorn something in this year. Find a way! We'll figure out how to monetize it next year! Don't these dumb kids enjoy dressing up virtual dolls in designer clothes or something? Talk to Adidas about it."

Can we PLEASE get an option to set teams to a default light/dark home/away jersey in drop-in already!? It's no fun snapping a pass to the opponent in a scramble. What was EA thinking? (oh, we know, it's above) Drop-in EASHL took a huge step back this year.

I just played drop-in, and my center had an indistinguishable outfit from the opponent center. White jacket, white shirt, blue toque, white/blue military motif pants. Who thought that having a bunch of random clothing on everyone in a *team sport* would be fun? It's a complete mess. I guess they weren't thinking about fun at all, considering they also decided, "Hey, wouldn't it be awesome if we sucked the life out of drop-in as well, with a tiny disinterested crowd that makes no noise, some awful beat thumping constantly in the background, and no play by play commentary, just to make sure everyone feels like a complete nobody! Who wants to play in the NHL anyway? Very fun!"

This year, more than any other year I've purchased, feels like an aborted build they were forced to release to make the deadline. "Whelp. The development cycle is over. I guess we'll just have to release this in the middle of development again." Too bad the "finished" build is probably the same thing hooked up to a payment system so we can buy virtual burberry scarves.
  • Vesa35
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I prefer if they revert back to the past systems with indoor and professional hockey teams being selectable.

If they insist on outdoor rinks as a venue, would like to see them do what Rocket League has done with multiple venues that include professional stadiums / outdoor park settings:

A need for QoL changes need to be implemented for issues that have been prevalent since the introduction of Drop In. EA focused much of their attention on the presentation side, a move I disagree with as it was more than practical, and ignored additions that would enchance user enjoyment.

QoL changes I would like to see include

Lobby
    - Lobbies the way it was back in NHL 11-18 with improvements (longer timer)
    - Text chat in lobby
    - Vote to kick / Idle in lobby

In between Periods
    - Text chat between team
    - Vote to kick (requires voting from team, used to kick and banish trolls. Goalies cannot be kicked? Goalie trolls pretty much never finish the game anyways and leave on their own accord)

Actions Tracker
    - no idea why this was even cut from the game, another thing that never needed to be looked at
  • jhuracan24 wrote: »
    When are we going to get nhl jerseys in drop ins? I’m bored of the adidas hoodies

They said these 2 hoodies were a temporary fix until they sort out how to make everything work. Wonder what EA's definition of temporary is. Wouldn't be surprised if it remains this way until at least NHL 20. In the meantime, I am unlocking tons of stuff I cannot use....
  • Clone4242 wrote: »

Can we PLEASE get an option to set teams to a default light/dark home/away jersey in drop-in already!? It's no fun snapping a pass to the opponent in a scramble. What was EA thinking? (oh, we know, it's above) Drop-in EASHL took a huge step back this year.

Agree 100%, it should be default b/w, makes no sense that you can have two similar jerseys on opposite teams...The game that keeps on giving.
  • Vesa35 wrote: »
    I prefer if they revert back to the past systems with indoor and professional hockey teams being selectable.

If they insist on outdoor rinks as a venue, would like to see them do what Rocket League has done with multiple venues that include professional stadiums / outdoor park settings:

A need for QoL changes need to be implemented for issues that have been prevalent since the introduction of Drop In. EA focused much of their attention on the presentation side, a move I disagree with as it was more than practical, and ignored additions that would enchance user enjoyment.

QoL changes I would like to see include

Lobby
    - Lobbies the way it was back in NHL 11-18 with improvements (longer timer)
    - Text chat in lobby
    - Vote to kick / Idle in lobby

In between Periods
    - Text chat between team
    - Vote to kick (requires voting from team, used to kick and banish trolls. Goalies cannot be kicked? Goalie trolls pretty much never finish the game anyways and leave on their own accord)

Actions Tracker
    - no idea why this was even cut from the game, another thing that never needed to be looked at

Action Tracker has been in the game since the first patch