EA Forums - Banner

Dynamic difficulty is ruining versus play

Replies

  • Sinbin wrote: »
    VegasJay77 wrote: »

    It has now become obvious that you don't understand what's being talked about here. It's also clear you did not read my post on the last page.

    You are saying that people on here believe there are "mystical forces" that are at play with the game. I asked you to provide a link to those who have called them "mystical forces", which you have yet to do, and I also posted direct paragraphs from the DDA Patent, which you also have ignored. The Patent that I have linked in my above post outlines EXACTLY what DDA does and how it does it. There is no need to inject mysticism, voodoo, or any other weird magical practice. You are actively choosing to ignore the patent and fail to read it, even though it is right in front of you and tells you EXACTLY how it accomplishes everything you call "voodoo".

    So when you ask, "What would DDA be then?", well.. why don't you just read the patent, and it will tell you, in fine detail, exactly what it would be. Until you do that, attaching condescending words or making scarecrow arguments to sidestep what is right in front of you wont make it disappear.

    Look, I'm just saying there is no DDA. Never, ever has it been proven to exist in NHL. The Devs have denied it, their community manager denied it, they have said for years there is no ice tilt, catch up logic or whatever. If people want to believe the game forces them to win and lose, so be it. You guys would do far better trying to raise your skill than blame something that doesn't even exist. At least your skill is something you have control over.

    No, you aren't just saying there is no DDA. You are saying people who talk about DDA believe there is a "mystic voodoo force" in play. I've asked you several times now for links to people saying that they believe that. I will also again provide the link to the EA Patent below, which I have read in it's entirety several times, and the times I have read it, I have not seen any mention of "Voodoo mystical forces". Only an extremely detailed outline of exactly what DDA is and exactly how it works, directly from EA. Perhaps I missed the part in there about Voodoo magic, thats entirely possible, so perhaps you can read through it and point it out to us.

    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2017/0259177.html

    So once again, there is the link to the patent you say doesn't exist.

    Also, you said that the Devs and Community Managers have said DDA is 100% definitely not in NHL. Can you provide a link to that? Did they say anything about this DDA Patent specifically not being in NHL?

    One final question: Have you ever actually read through this patent?
  • Socair wrote: »
    I also find it interesting that so many people say EA can’t program basic game mechanics very well...yet this intelligent code works flawlessly. I mean it has to be some fine programming to know when exactly to read all these simultaneous games and implement dda. But I don’t have any programming expertise, just think it would be tough.

    There is no reason to speculate. Simply read the patent for yourself. It outlines everything in very fine detail:

    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2017/0259177.html
  • VegasJay77
    7 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    VegasJay77 wrote: »
    I post this not because people on these forums don't know what it is, but to look at the last sentence I quoted. This is what many of us are trying to say. Yes, you are correct, evidence is being provided, but is it really that sufficient? Many are saying, "Hey, there's a patent!" So EA must have already put this in the game. All this means is they are planning to do something one of there games. Whether that is on console, computer, or mobile, that's all we know.

    No, it doesn't mean they are planning to do something on "one" of their games, as my post above shows a line taken directly out of the patent that the patent is open to all types of games on all platforms. I would suggest taking 10 mins of your time to actually read through the patent.

    And yes, I believe talking about the actual paragraphs from the actual real patent creates at least "reasonable doubt". If im on a jury, and im being 100% objective, and side A comes with a patent from the company on trial outlining in full detail an entire complex system to manipulate their games, and Side B's entire argument is that Side A believes in "Voodoo", I know which one is going to do better in that trial. That doesn't make it a open and shut case, but it sure as hell creates a high level of reasonable doubt.

    Some have said "The devs have said its not in!". Well, if they have, I haven't seen it yet. And it's entirely possible they have, and I just didn't see it. I haven't read every post ever on this forum. I've seem them dance around it a bit, but I have yet to hear them say "It is absolutely, definitely 100% not in our game." It's also entirely possible that they themselves don't even know it's in, just like they tell you that there is different departments for graphics, networking, etc.

    No one on this forum is going to know with 100% certainty if it is in or not, and I don't believe that those who believe DDA is in the game are even looking for that. but can you not admit that there is enough circumstantial evidence that there is a very reasonable chance that it is? I think that's really all we're looking for you to admit.

    In your first paragraph to your response, I meant we do not specifically know which game this patent is being implemented into, regardless if it's console, PC, or mobile. Meaning yes it very well could affect NHL, but nothing in the patent specifies that it does. I would expect the patent to cover all of the games across all ports. It would be stupid of EA not to do that in my opinion.

    I posted something in a previous thread about these patents. I own a patent with a college colleague for a toothbrush that can dispense the toothpaste right on the bristles with the push of a button. That being said, we had made one prototype 13 years ago and that was it.

    So I understand that this is a bit different, but owning the patent and acting on it are two different things. Now I am not saying, nor have I ever said that EA is attempting to create some modifiers. I'm just trying to point out that there is no evidence showing that is indeed there. And yes, I understand that I have no evidence stating it isn't there. You are correct, there is no certainty in the argument either way. But I do want to point out that ice tilt has been a complaint way before this patent even came out. This thing has only fueled the fire that was started long ago.

    I'll have to dig up a post, but I copy-pasted a Reddit post from one of the community manager. This goes into a lot of detail about the tilt. Heck, it may even be in this post haha.

    Anyways, to answer your final question, I am willing to admit that we could see something in the future based on the evidence brought into this discussion, but I have not witnessed anything personally during my gameplay to state that anything is currently modifying the games that I have played.

    I appreciate your honesty at the end of your post. I think progress has been made here if you can at least admit that its possible. And although you did say that you know that your toothbrush patent isn't the same as this case, just because you had a toothbrush patent that you didn't act on 13 years ago doesn't mean EA doesn't use this one. I know you know that.. i'm just saying. It pretty much has nothing to do whatsoever with this, and it wouldn't hold any water if this were a case in a court of law, which is how I am trying to approach this argument.

    I mean, several people here have said that the DDA Patent was designed only for offline games, and only for mobile games. I already disproved that in this very thread by simply quoting the patent itself.

    The patent even talks about how people who have spent money on the games are rated differently than others in their DDA system. That's a pretty big eye opener.

    All I'm trying to accomplish here is getting you guys to at least admit there is cause to believe that it's a possibility that DDA is in this game, and most likely all the EA Sports titles. None of us, possibly not even the devs, will ever know for sure. The patent even talks about making it completely undetectable by the user. So to say it is or isn't 100% for sure, is foolish. However, there is absolutely enough evidence within that patent to have reasonable suspicion that it is. All you guys have to do is read it. It's all right there in detail.

    Cheers.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    ExSnake01 wrote: »
    ...

    EA has dedicated time and resources to modifying the difficulty in their games.

    If let's say someone did get the code which shows it's in NHL 19, I think there's a strong possibility this will violate EA's copyright/terms of service which gives EA the legal right to remove and not share such evidence. The code can also work in a server-side environment where it's likely that the users cannot view or get their hands on.

    Or you want evidence from an employee to witness against their own company who gets paychecks from them to admit in rigging their games. You basically want evidence we will never likely see.

    After seeing the proof brought up multiple times here, I think the burden is on the defenders to explain why EA has a track history of modifying difficulty settings in their games.

    Maybe this "code" you talk about is only in your head? That is a possibility too.

    You've been living in a dream world Neo. There is no spoon.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    jake19ny wrote: »
    To all those saying EA has said it doesn't exist as if that means anything......how many things has EA said that turned out to not be so. I’ve heard better player separation for 3 years now....

    The bigger the skill gap, the more people complain because they can't compete as well. Instead of raising their own skill, they blame the game.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    To all those saying EA has said it doesn't exist as if that means anything......how many things has EA said that turned out to not be so. I’ve heard better player separation for 3 years now....

    The bigger the skill gap, the more people complain because they can't compete as well. Instead of raising their own skill, they blame the game.

    Precisely. I wish more people held themselves accountable for losing games and understanding that - even in the real sport of hockey - things happen that make you go 'huh?'.

    I've become a far better player by adjusting after losses and not chalking up a losing streak to 'ice tilt'.

    Those who complain day after day on these forums that 'ice tilt' exists are just making themselves look foolish.

    Respectable players tend to adapt to the situations in front of them. They don't blame the game - and if they do - it's just a cop out for making poor decisions.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    To all those saying EA has said it doesn't exist as if that means anything......how many things has EA said that turned out to not be so. I’ve heard better player separation for 3 years now....

    The bigger the skill gap, the more people complain because they can't compete as well. Instead of raising their own skill, they blame the game.

    Precisely. I wish more people held themselves accountable for losing games and understanding that - even in the real sport of hockey - things happen that make you go 'huh?'.

    I've become a far better player by adjusting after losses and not chalking up a losing streak to 'ice tilt'.

    Those who complain day after day on these forums that 'ice tilt' exists are just making themselves look foolish.

    Respectable players tend to adapt to the situations in front of them. They don't blame the game - and if they do - it's just a cop out for making poor decisions.

    There is some truth to what you say, but I cannot completely agree here.

    First off, almost every game mode has its own challenges and shortcomings. With VS and HUT you have 5 AI per team and if we are honest here, generally 1 team has the better and more aware AI. I chalk it up to connection quality, but who knows what it is, or a combination of how many things.

    In EASHL I usually play D and I can tell you I know all the cheese moves and sweets spots forwards like to go to. I know how to fool them as well and bait them in my own way. Despite knowing how to counter and being in the right spots and the right time, I still get burned fairly regularly. With every tuner it just seems to get worse. Dangle fairies are getting more and more leeway with each tuner. I think this is more what frustrates people. When you do the right things and still get burned, they it is obviously the game out to get you... I don't agree with this, but can see why some people see it that way. Especially when both team s have an AI goalie and for some reason 1 is always a clearly better goalie than the other.
  • First off, almost every game mode has its own challenges and shortcomings. With VS and HUT you have 5 AI per team and if we are honest here, generally 1 team has the better and more aware AI. I chalk it up to connection quality, but who knows what it is, or a combination of how many things.

    Disagree here. Connection quality has no impact on how the A.I. reacts. No team has better A.I. than the other outside of individual player ratings.

    In EASHL I usually play D and I can tell you I know all the cheese moves and sweets spots forwards like to go to.

    High scoring % areas? Yea.. I think that's generally how hockey is played.
    I know how to fool them as well and bait them in my own way. Despite knowing how to counter and being in the right spots and the right time, I still get burned fairly regularly.

    So, then you're not in the right spots at the right time. If you're getting 'burned'.. you've made the mistake.


    Dangle fairies are getting more and more leeway with each tuner. I think this is more what frustrates people. When you do the right things and still get burned, they it is obviously the game out to get you... I don't agree with this, but can see why some people see it that way. Especially when both team s have an AI goalie and for some reason 1 is always a clearly better goalie than the other.

    I agree that 'dangle fairies' are annoying - but everyone has the exact same tools at their disposal.

    Refusing to utilize those same techniques that drive you nuts, under the guise of 'it's not real hockey' is not acceptable.

    I understand that people think that this game is meant to offer up a 100% simulation of the sport of hockey - but the flat out truth is that it's literally impossible to do that.

    So you're left with a videogame at the end of the day - and all videogames, regardless of genre, have parts of its population who are REALLY good at the game, and parts that are really bad.

    We seem to get caught in these debates about what 'real hockey' is and forgetting that at the roots - this is a videogame and not real life. Continuing to think that this game should be real life rather than trying to get better at the game presented in front of you is a mistake if you want to be competitive in the online world.
  • First off, almost every game mode has its own challenges and shortcomings. With VS and HUT you have 5 AI per team and if we are honest here, generally 1 team has the better and more aware AI. I chalk it up to connection quality, but who knows what it is, or a combination of how many things.

    Disagree here. Connection quality has no impact on how the A.I. reacts. No team has better A.I. than the other outside of individual player ratings.

    In EASHL I usually play D and I can tell you I know all the cheese moves and sweets spots forwards like to go to.

    High scoring % areas? Yea.. I think that's generally how hockey is played.
    I know how to fool them as well and bait them in my own way. Despite knowing how to counter and being in the right spots and the right time, I still get burned fairly regularly.

    So, then you're not in the right spots at the right time. If you're getting 'burned'.. you've made the mistake.


    Dangle fairies are getting more and more leeway with each tuner. I think this is more what frustrates people. When you do the right things and still get burned, they it is obviously the game out to get you... I don't agree with this, but can see why some people see it that way. Especially when both team s have an AI goalie and for some reason 1 is always a clearly better goalie than the other.

    I agree that 'dangle fairies' are annoying - but everyone has the exact same tools at their disposal.

    Refusing to utilize those same techniques that drive you nuts, under the guise of 'it's not real hockey' is not acceptable.

    I understand that people think that this game is meant to offer up a 100% simulation of the sport of hockey - but the flat out truth is that it's literally impossible to do that.

    So you're left with a videogame at the end of the day - and all videogames, regardless of genre, have parts of its population who are REALLY good at the game, and parts that are really bad.

    We seem to get caught in these debates about what 'real hockey' is and forgetting that at the roots - this is a videogame and not real life. Continuing to think that this game should be real life rather than trying to get better at the game presented in front of you is a mistake if you want to be competitive in the online world.

    If you think connection has nothing to do with the ai you obviously never get Fatman lag. It's so elementary to see it at its basic concept that the ai don't do anything on lag.

    They don't open up, they don't defend, they don't intercept pucks, can't skate, will skate in the opposite direction of the play, some players will even skate behind your goalie for no reason.

    I wish I had this bliss that you have haha
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    Vs. is frustrating however,

    4 out of 5 games seems to be 0-0 or 1-1 going into the 3rd period. Regardless of talent, dominating the game on the ice and in stats. It's a stressful grind till the end.

    It's pretty clear at this point that is exactly how EA wanted it to be.
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    Vs. is frustrating however,

    4 out of 5 games seems to be 0-0 or 1-1 going into the 3rd period. Regardless of talent, dominating the game on the ice and in stats. It's a stressful grind till the end.

    It's pretty clear at this point that is exactly how EA wanted it to be.

    I'm not having that experience. I'm either blowing teams out or getting blown out. I've only have had maybe two games that were decided by 1 goal in my recently played. (All versus)
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    First off, almost every game mode has its own challenges and shortcomings. With VS and HUT you have 5 AI per team and if we are honest here, generally 1 team has the better and more aware AI. I chalk it up to connection quality, but who knows what it is, or a combination of how many things.

    Disagree here. Connection quality has no impact on how the A.I. reacts. No team has better A.I. than the other outside of individual player ratings.

    In EASHL I usually play D and I can tell you I know all the cheese moves and sweets spots forwards like to go to.

    High scoring % areas? Yea.. I think that's generally how hockey is played.
    I know how to fool them as well and bait them in my own way. Despite knowing how to counter and being in the right spots and the right time, I still get burned fairly regularly.

    So, then you're not in the right spots at the right time. If you're getting 'burned'.. you've made the mistake.


    Dangle fairies are getting more and more leeway with each tuner. I think this is more what frustrates people. When you do the right things and still get burned, they it is obviously the game out to get you... I don't agree with this, but can see why some people see it that way. Especially when both team s have an AI goalie and for some reason 1 is always a clearly better goalie than the other.

    I agree that 'dangle fairies' are annoying - but everyone has the exact same tools at their disposal.

    Refusing to utilize those same techniques that drive you nuts, under the guise of 'it's not real hockey' is not acceptable.

    I understand that people think that this game is meant to offer up a 100% simulation of the sport of hockey - but the flat out truth is that it's literally impossible to do that.

    So you're left with a videogame at the end of the day - and all videogames, regardless of genre, have parts of its population who are REALLY good at the game, and parts that are really bad.

    We seem to get caught in these debates about what 'real hockey' is and forgetting that at the roots - this is a videogame and not real life. Continuing to think that this game should be real life rather than trying to get better at the game presented in front of you is a mistake if you want to be competitive in the online world.

    Sigh...

    These are the exact type of answers you give that sometimes can rub the wrong way.

    Connection quality definitely affects your AI. You are probably the only one to disagree on this one.

    High % areas as you define, are not high % areas in real hockey. Like side to side near the blue line and wrister far side, or the short side top shelf on the blocker, or near the high slot and always on glove side....

    And no, you can be in the right spot and get burned. Never seen a goal that goes between your legs before mystifying the goalie??? Never seen pucks go through your stick? Never seen your poke check touch the puck, but whiff on it because the shot animation trumps your poke? Gimme a break. You know exactly what I am talking about, or then again, maybe you don't. I remember those clips you posted awhile back for 18 and you basically just sit in the slot facing the puck.

    And your argument about dangle fairies and how we all have the same tools.... Really? Go ahead and be a dangle fairy with a DD while no one is behind you to cover if you cough it up. Or how forwards can ram and go for hits all game long because they don't have to be accountable if they miss. There are 2 d men and a goalie to bail him out.

    And yes, you are correct, at the end of the day, it is a video game. But when a dev comes in here and explains how mechanics are affected and modeled after real life situations, then those "video game" arguments can possibly go out the window. Fact is, the only 2 positions that are hard hit with "realism" are D and goalies. Dangle fairies is not realism and never spoken about by a dev.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    .
    sgiz1 wrote: »
    Vs. is frustrating however,

    4 out of 5 games seems to be 0-0 or 1-1 going into the 3rd period. Regardless of talent, dominating the game on the ice and in stats. It's a stressful grind till the end.

    It's pretty clear at this point that is exactly how EA wanted it to be.

    Why can't that also be good matchmaking putting you up against someone of equal skill? 4 out 5 close games seems to mean that's what's happening.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    .
    sgiz1 wrote: »
    Vs. is frustrating however,

    4 out of 5 games seems to be 0-0 or 1-1 going into the 3rd period. Regardless of talent, dominating the game on the ice and in stats. It's a stressful grind till the end.

    It's pretty clear at this point that is exactly how EA wanted it to be.

    Why can't that also be good matchmaking putting you up against someone of equal skill? 4 out 5 close games seems to mean that's what's happening.

    Not necessarily. What if a team has 25 shots, and the other has 3? Yea yea shot quality and all that sexy stuff. I get it. However, logically, the more you shoot, then the more chances you have of scoring.
  • And yes, you are correct, at the end of the day, it is a video game. But when a dev comes in here and explains how mechanics are affected and modeled after real life situations, then those "video game" arguments can possibly go out the window. Fact is, the only 2 positions that are hard hit with "realism" are D and goalies. Dangle fairies is not realism and never spoken about by a dev.

    Ben has talked about it before. He calls it "lateral acceleration". We now it by "the wiggle", the "s-move", "dangle fairies". Whatever you want to call it, it's the fact the game allows you to rotate quickly left to right at low relative speeds and keep puck possession while still retaining all of your "gliding" boosts.

    Even though he has acknowledged it may be a tad too high in game, nothing has ever been done to reduce it. It was actually a bit less noticeable during the beta and before the major update. But after the update tweaked the skating, it came back stronger than ever.

    Couple that with the nerfing of the poke check, stick lift and DSS... It's no wonder the dangle fairies are having a feast right now.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    And yes, you are correct, at the end of the day, it is a video game. But when a dev comes in here and explains how mechanics are affected and modeled after real life situations, then those "video game" arguments can possibly go out the window. Fact is, the only 2 positions that are hard hit with "realism" are D and goalies. Dangle fairies is not realism and never spoken about by a dev.

    Ben has talked about it before. He calls it "lateral acceleration". We now it by "the wiggle", the "s-move", "dangle fairies". Whatever you want to call it, it's the fact the game allows you to rotate quickly left to right at low relative speeds and keep puck possession while still retaining all of your "gliding" boosts.

    Even though he has acknowledged it may be a tad too high in game, nothing has ever been done to reduce it. It was actually a bit less noticeable during the beta and before the major update. But after the update tweaked the skating, it came back stronger than ever.

    Couple that with the nerfing of the poke check, stick lift and DSS... It's no wonder the dangle fairies are having a feast right now.

    You didn't notice it in the beta because it wasn't necessary to use in the beta. Now that they've slowed down forwards need another technique to maintain puck possession to roll off of checks. Before you could just control your skater with speed and quick decision making so it wasn't necessary. But we gotta 18 on that 19, yeah buddy!
  • VegasJay77 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    VegasJay77 wrote: »

    It has now become obvious that you don't understand what's being talked about here. It's also clear you did not read my post on the last page.

    You are saying that people on here believe there are "mystical forces" that are at play with the game. I asked you to provide a link to those who have called them "mystical forces", which you have yet to do, and I also posted direct paragraphs from the DDA Patent, which you also have ignored. The Patent that I have linked in my above post outlines EXACTLY what DDA does and how it does it. There is no need to inject mysticism, voodoo, or any other weird magical practice. You are actively choosing to ignore the patent and fail to read it, even though it is right in front of you and tells you EXACTLY how it accomplishes everything you call "voodoo".

    So when you ask, "What would DDA be then?", well.. why don't you just read the patent, and it will tell you, in fine detail, exactly what it would be. Until you do that, attaching condescending words or making scarecrow arguments to sidestep what is right in front of you wont make it disappear.

    Look, I'm just saying there is no DDA. Never, ever has it been proven to exist in NHL. The Devs have denied it, their community manager denied it, they have said for years there is no ice tilt, catch up logic or whatever. If people want to believe the game forces them to win and lose, so be it. You guys would do far better trying to raise your skill than blame something that doesn't even exist. At least your skill is something you have control over.

    No, you aren't just saying there is no DDA. You are saying people who talk about DDA believe there is a "mystic voodoo force" in play. I've asked you several times now for links to people saying that they believe that. I will also again provide the link to the EA Patent below, which I have read in it's entirety several times, and the times I have read it, I have not seen any mention of "Voodoo mystical forces". Only an extremely detailed outline of exactly what DDA is and exactly how it works, directly from EA. Perhaps I missed the part in there about Voodoo magic, thats entirely possible, so perhaps you can read through it and point it out to us.

    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2017/0259177.html

    So once again, there is the link to the patent you say doesn't exist.

    Also, you said that the Devs and Community Managers have said DDA is 100% definitely not in NHL. Can you provide a link to that? Did they say anything about this DDA Patent specifically not being in NHL?

    One final question: Have you ever actually read through this patent?

    Nice job.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    To all those saying EA has said it doesn't exist as if that means anything......how many things has EA said that turned out to not be so. I’ve heard better player separation for 3 years now....

    The bigger the skill gap, the more people complain because they can't compete as well. Instead of raising their own skill, they blame the game.

    What about those, like myself that are honest enough to complain about winning due to DDA? I’ve beaten so many teams that should have destroyed me based on their team make up and their skill. You see simply calling people out for whining about losing and suggesting we only believe in DDA because we can’t win is blatantly false when most people who complain about DDA all say they have been on both sides of it....just saying
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    Vs. is frustrating however,

    4 out of 5 games seems to be 0-0 or 1-1 going into the 3rd period. Regardless of talent, dominating the game on the ice and in stats. It's a stressful grind till the end.

    It's pretty clear at this point that is exactly how EA wanted it to be.

    See, I'm not encountering this at all. Here's a clip of my recent games.



    Now this doesn't show the score during the first 2 periods, but it shows that the majority of either me or my opponent are scoring 3+ goals in the game.

    So I look at 0-0 or 1-1 games going late into the game simply as a great defensive battle. I would check your recent games and check the CRs of your opponents. (Not sure if this can be done in HUT) CR may be a meaningless stat to some, but in VS it will at least give you an idea of your opponents skill set.
  • I just played 3 games of versus after not playing for a week. I won my last two games last week, so i was fully expecting the dynamic difficulty to kick in..

    ...and it did. Note the last game i won was after another streak of win loss, win loss where the second game was almost impossible to win. I did it by winning in shootout.

    Game 1:
    I outshot and out played my opponent but his goalie was stopping all shots. Even point blank empty net cross crease one timers.

    I played good Defense but the game ended in a 0 - 0 tie. Overtime settled nothing despite me getting power plays. I end up winning it in the shoot out. The guy i played was a lower rank and i got 7 points.

    Next game i was thinking its going to ramp up the difficulty again. So...

    Game 2:
    I was right. Now this player was worse then the last and his AI players did everything but score for him. I was all over him and his zone. He got off one shot and and it went in. He ended the first period with 2 shots.

    I kept the pressure up, passing, shots from the point would get knocked down or blocked by his ai players sticks. Its so obvious the ai is helping him when his players reach to block or prevent a pass and mine do nothing. Im sick and tired of throwing a body check to push a player off the puck, only to have him recover and pick up the puck while my player refuses to get it.

    He gets off his 4th shot and it goes in. 2nd period ends with him up 2 - 0. I was out shooting him 20 - 4 !!!!

    Third period and i knew this was a familiar theme. Ive seen too many games like this ( ive played over 400 versus games and this happens too often.). I keep the pressure on and finally get one goal to make it 2 - 1. I still play good defense and pdevent him from shooting. His goalie was stopping everything. He gets off his 6th shot and boom its 3 to 1. At that point i keep playing and getting chances but the game ends with that score. He gets a few shots at the very end but after it got to 3 - 1 theres no point in me playing. I out shot him 37 - 12 and lost 3 - 1

    It take 8 points off me for the loss.

    Game 3:
    Next game i out play and out shoot my opponent and his ai players are even more active then the last two. I lose this one 2 - 1

    At this point i dont care about this game. Im thoughly disgusted. Its happening too often. I now think the reason this happens is the whomever hosts the game (which can be different then who is the home team) has his AI players active and the opponent doesnt. This is something that is connected to all easports games in my opinion.

    Im so unhappy with this game. We got some awesome gameplay features but this is trumped by an unfair dynamic difficulty system connected to the net code.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!