EA Forums - Banner

Latest Update: WoC Drop-in Matchmaking and Dressing Room Errors

Replies

• VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    There have been a multitude of workarounds that have been shared by various players throughout this investigation. Restarting the app was a workaround shared on Answers HQ a while back however none of this workarounds work for everyone which is why can't really endorse them.

Is this happening on xbox too? Or just PS4? Have you guys looked into the PS4 game Sharing? My friend uses PS4 game share and gets the error every single time. Don’t know if this has anything to do with it but he has no problems playing online vs and other modes.

@EA_Roger @NHL_ONL_Producer

I'm on Xbox One X.

Last night was probably my worst experience in EASHL I've ever had in all my years playing this series. Matched up with our LG opponent and immediately was getting stuttering lag and game pausing, then fast forwarding for a few seconds. Many of my teammates were also complaining of delayed inputs and general "fat man lag". With Six minutes to go in the 1st (and after the other team had scored twice) my teammates voice communications started to stutter as well, 10 seconds later my game froze up and I was disconnected from the EA servers.

Quick check on my pc, the connection was fine. Router was fine. Still, I hard reset my console and switch the ethernet cable port on the router just in case.

Back in the Club DR, we all ready up, search for private game. Find them instantly, we all ready up... Whoops! We lose 1 player to DRE, they lose 3. Reset. Back in the DR. Now players are getting booted out of the Dressing Room trying to join off a party invite. I get booted. Go back to the DR. Everyone readys up... AGAIN! People are starting to lose patience at this point. Search again. 2 of our guys have RED BAR connections when it was GREEN all the other times. Reset the lobby. Search AGAIN. Found the opponents. Ready up. And FINALLY the game can start. But by now, because of the disconnects, we have to give up TWO penalties to the other team.

Also now, 2 of our guys are having HORRIFIC lag spikes (like I was) and everyone else is at anywhere from 50ms ping (me) to 100ms ping and very delayed game play.

End result? We lost 9-5 and had the WORST experience it would be possible to have playing a video game. The worst part is that the other team wasn't even lagging a little bit (we found out after). They all had normal 10ms - 20ms pings across the board.

I don't know what it is. Maybe the combination of west vs. east connections made it unfavorable for us. Maybe we all just had bad network traffic at that time, although when I checked everything was fine and the couple of warmup games we played prior to our real game the connection for everyone was smooth as butter. But something has to be done to even out everyone's experience in those situations were most of the participants may be very distant from each other.

Maybe make it so that everyone has to play at 50ms ping so EVERYONE has the same experience instead of just those that get saddle with an unfavorable connection. Because having 1 person getting 200ms spikes, 2 other people getting 100ms, 3 getting 50ms and the other team all 20ms... That's the recipe for NOT having a good time.

Did you stream this experience??
  • Seems like the issue is going from PS4 to XBOX One now... It's been alot better on PS4 the last few days
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    There have been a multitude of workarounds that have been shared by various players throughout this investigation. Restarting the app was a workaround shared on Answers HQ a while back however none of this workarounds work for everyone which is why can't really endorse them.

Is this happening on xbox too? Or just PS4? Have you guys looked into the PS4 game Sharing? My friend uses PS4 game share and gets the error every single time. Don’t know if this has anything to do with it but he has no problems playing online vs and other modes.

@EA_Roger @NHL_ONL_Producer

I'm on Xbox One X.

Last night was probably my worst experience in EASHL I've ever had in all my years playing this series. Matched up with our LG opponent and immediately was getting stuttering lag and game pausing, then fast forwarding for a few seconds. Many of my teammates were also complaining of delayed inputs and general "fat man lag". With Six minutes to go in the 1st (and after the other team had scored twice) my teammates voice communications started to stutter as well, 10 seconds later my game froze up and I was disconnected from the EA servers.

Quick check on my pc, the connection was fine. Router was fine. Still, I hard reset my console and switch the ethernet cable port on the router just in case.

Back in the Club DR, we all ready up, search for private game. Find them instantly, we all ready up... Whoops! We lose 1 player to DRE, they lose 3. Reset. Back in the DR. Now players are getting booted out of the Dressing Room trying to join off a party invite. I get booted. Go back to the DR. Everyone readys up... AGAIN! People are starting to lose patience at this point. Search again. 2 of our guys have RED BAR connections when it was GREEN all the other times. Reset the lobby. Search AGAIN. Found the opponents. Ready up. And FINALLY the game can start. But by now, because of the disconnects, we have to give up TWO penalties to the other team.

Also now, 2 of our guys are having HORRIFIC lag spikes (like I was) and everyone else is at anywhere from 50ms ping (me) to 100ms ping and very delayed game play.

End result? We lost 9-5 and had the WORST experience it would be possible to have playing a video game. The worst part is that the other team wasn't even lagging a little bit (we found out after). They all had normal 10ms - 20ms pings across the board.

I don't know what it is. Maybe the combination of west vs. east connections made it unfavorable for us. Maybe we all just had bad network traffic at that time, although when I checked everything was fine and the couple of warmup games we played prior to our real game the connection for everyone was smooth as butter. But something has to be done to even out everyone's experience in those situations were most of the participants may be very distant from each other.

Maybe make it so that everyone has to play at 50ms ping so EVERYONE has the same experience instead of just those that get saddle with an unfavorable connection. Because having 1 person getting 200ms spikes, 2 other people getting 100ms, 3 getting 50ms and the other team all 20ms... That's the recipe for NOT having a good time.

Did you stream this experience??

No. But I did record up to the point where I was booted off the servers. I had a feeling the game wasn't gonna be anything but a disaster so I decided to not even bother recording the rest.

I did stream a game... I believe it was in the 1st week of LG where we actually searched and waited for our opponents for something like 40 minutes? That was a fun experience...
  • XBOX one, just got dressing room unexpected error, please try again later. I have always received at least two a week.
  • @EA_Roger
    I've been experiencing dre since the beta. From 5 games I can play one. And I play a lot of games. My team mates are telling me I am nuts to play everyday when I get so many errors.
    Usually get in when both teams press ready before the timer hits 20 seconds.
    When I get a black screen I know I can get in the game.
    I've tried all workarounds possible.
    Ive checked intensively for the solution. Did at least 8 workarounds. I even got a new router and ISP to no avail.
    After the last patch however once I get into a club game and when the game finishes and returns to the dressing room, my screen goes black and a weird sound affect accurs every 20 seconds or so and continues until we find a game and the clock goes to zero. I never can never get in a game with that glitch.. I need to restart the chel to get it the black scteen away and again try multiple times until I can get in again.
  • How is this even still a thing? lol

Hopefully EA is enjoying the money that's been gift-wrapped for them this year. I'd hate to know that it completely went to waste.
  • Still getting dressing room errors on the regular on PS4, it's sad this is still a thing 2+ months into a game, no wonder your stock is sinking like the Titanic, no regards for your customers, probably last EA game I buy.
  • No DREs for our club tonight and we usually have to reboot after each game. Something has changed for the positive!
  • Two times today in drop in that a team paused a game and its goes to zero and does not resume.....
  • Still having DRE issues on PS4. Cancel Search Freeze has become an annoying game breaker.
  • For the ppl who regularly get DRE's and choose to reboot the app n so on if they get an error, are you able to get into a game against the same team that caused the error to come up in the first place? Did that team drop any teammates themselves? Did they reboot as well?

Seems to me not much thought goes into these 'fixes'. You'd likely have as much luck blowing into your ps4's or holding your controller at a certain angle.

I personally think it has more to do with the ready up menus and some sort of clash with the loadouts in the team vs screen. Seems like a bunch of unnecessary coding and memory usage there along with those useless player animations.

Has anyone at EA tried just stripping down the menus to make it more simplistic at least for EASHL? Choose your loadout on the team DR screen then a simple ready up on the team matchup screen.

Can we know what has been tried on EA's end? What has been perhaps ruled out?

BlahQz - Owner of WikkiD6 - PS4
  • My error codes have stopped.
  • Can't rule out as well that many of those people who are getting DRE's have just plain stopped playing the game too. Our team member who was getting it on the regular did (for now). So the pool of affected people may have dropped somewhat letting others squeeze through.
    BlahQz - Owner of WikkiD6 - PS4
  • I got one trying to do a drop in today, couldn't get a 3v3 game. Found 6s fine
  • RNM58820755
    32 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    A month and a half. This game has been out a month and a half and i still constantly get dressing room errors and the good old cancelling search getting stuck. EA you are an absolute terrible company. How are you still in business? STOP BUYING THIS GAME!
  • Played a few club 6s EASHL games Saturday with zero DREs on PS4. One club mate used to get booted every single game that there was someone who didnt ready up, but even that wasnt an issue this session.
    EASHL player
  • No DREs for our club tonight and we usually have to reboot after each game. Something has changed for the positive!

Hi everyone, just wanted to give an update. We did make a change in patch 1.3.1 but weren't certain if it would help with the PS4 DR errors. We have looked at our error rate data post patch 1.3.1 and have seen a meaningful improvement in the number of errors seen. There are however, still errors occurring and we're continuing to investigate those errors.

Hi everyone, just wanted to give an update. We did make a change in patch 1.3.1 but weren't certain if it would help with the PS4 DR errors. We have looked at our error rate data post patch 1.3.1 and have seen a meaningful improvement in the number of errors seen. There are however, still errors occurring and we're continuing to investigate those errors.

good to hear!
  • This game has been out far too long for them to only have an update saying that they are investigating. I have never seen such a disaster in any launch that has gone on this long where some people cant even play the game most nights. Normally I dont trash a company too much but EA is becoming more and more of a joke, at least in the hockey series.
  • After latest update all online game modes seize to work. Everything from online vs to world of Chel result in error codes..failure to retrieve data....go figure