EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

First time ever I agreed with BaconCountry

Replies

• I can't stand listening to Bacon, but I do agree, hitting needs to be fixed. It's funny because I was one of the players who was requesting it to be nerfed after the beta.

I was knocking people over with playmakers and danglers quite easily. Now it's a rarity to see a player get smoked and when they do, there is a charching/boarding call attached to the big hit.

Anyways, jump to the big save at the 4:20 mark. I'm not trying to derail this thread, (I know this probably will) but i am assuming Bacon is the weaker team in this thread. How else would this save have ever occurred? (Sarcasm btw)

I shouldn't be throwing shade at some of the members on this forum, but I just want to say that he completely outplayed his opponent and buried his high percentage shots. Now I know he's not showing the entire game, nor is he showing 4-5 straight games, but do people really believe that he all of a sudden, would stop scoring for a game or two against weaker teams?

I try to state this as much as I possibly can, I am not good at this game, maybe at best, average. However, I do not lose games like these when I am given those opportunities. Now I have definitely lost games, and I have definitely outshot opponents by large margins and still have lost. But the context of the game explains the stats that is seen after the game. That's why I try to ask for videos to see why the games that are being questioned are occuring.

Now if that specific save is occurring 3, 4, or 5 times in a game, then I think you have a real case. Hopefully you can clip that and post it to get EAs attention. But I think that would be a rarity.

In hut you also have to remember that he's using elite shooters on every line so those goals go in more than not. It's more of an issue in VS. In VS, it's easy to score with Crosby, not so much with any of the 4th line guys. And yes, this should be this way, but not when you're getting to the best spots on the ice and shooting beautiful shots with those 4th liners. A good shot is a good shot, but the attributes override the quality of shot in this game.

Well my rant was more aimed at the players stating that the weaker teams in HUT play just as well as the elite players.

Anyways, as far as attributes go, sure I miss a lot of shots with those 3rd and 4th line players, but there's a reason why they are on those lines. So I'm ok with how their shots are portrayed. But I also play/watch the Sabres. So I suppose the 3rd/4th line players don't really belong in the NHL anyways...
  • Roll the tuners back to beta???
    Tastes Good With The Money https://youtube.com/watch?v=GS4dO-0YI2E
  • Roll the tuners back to beta???

That would be great unfortunately EA would never do that
  • This game lost me tonight.

There is not a single tool that works for the D.

Ruined.
  • Above1988
    74 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I dont know why it's ok for these invisible force shields to protect players whenever you try to hit someone.

I also dont know why it's ok for it to be more difficult to knock a puck loose off someone's stick then it is for them to skate all over the ice with it.

The top players use this to their advantage by just constantly circling back for days, and it makes the game tedious, frustrating and completely demoralizing. Games literally play out like the Harlem Globetrotters on ice now, except it isnt remotely as cute.

Bacon nailed it on the head with this video. Of course these are the requests made by the gamechangers! Its because it suits their playstyle and like everyone else, they dont like losing! Uh, ya think EA!? Oh people don't like getting hit? Really?! They dont like losing the puck?! Nooo!

You know what? let's just give the players everything they ask for! Let's reinvent the sport all in the name of the of the allmighty gamechangers!

It doesnt even have to be hockey anymore! Let's just make it Fortnite on ice! We'll get ninja on board and sell more lootboxes than ever! Who needs PK Suban in a hockey game where defense is nonexistent?!

EA presents: Ninja! Your NHL 20 cover athelete!
  • Above1988 wrote: »
    I dont know why it's ok for these invisible force shields to protect players whenever you try to hit someone.

I also dont know why it's ok for it to be more difficult to knock a puck loose off someone's stick then it is for them to skate all over the ice with it.

The top players use this to their advantage by just constantly circling back for days, and it makes the game tedious, frustrating and completely demoralizing. Games literally play out like the Harlem Globetrotters on ice now, except it isnt remotely as cute.

Bacon nailed it on the head with this video. Of course these are the requests made by the gamechangers! Its because it suits their playstyle and like everyone else, they dont like losing! Uh, ya think EA!? Oh people don't like getting hit? Really?! They dont like losing the puck?! Nooo!

You know what? let's just give the players everything they ask for! Let's reinvent the sport all in the name of the of the allmighty gamechangers!

It doesnt even have to be hockey anymore! Let's just make it Fortnite on ice! We'll get ninja on board and sell more lootboxes than ever! Who needs PK Suban in a hockey game where defense is nonexistent?!

Well said
  • Agree with the OP, defense is now really underpowered.
  • Like what I mentioned before they tried to “fix” some solutions and ended up nerfing it across the board. Poke check in the past did work too well. Hitting from slower speeds would often send players into a stumble when the hitter is significantly smaller and has lower attributes. Stick lift was absolutely abused to start 19

They attempted to “fix” this and made it worse. Poke check is completely broken, stick lift rarely works and when it does you don’t regain possession, and hitting from anywhere but straight north and south through the body is useless. The last part is funny to me because almost all of the hits in an NHL game are shoulder to shoulder or pushes from the front. Not often you see full through the body open ice hits. They tried to fix being sucked into hits by having this bubble and made it 100% worse.

Solution: don’t trust them to fix any gameplay in patches/tuners. Fix bugs and glitches, add customization options and that’s it. You absolutely ruin everything else and it’ll take you months to properly implement gameplay changes. Pathetic
  • Above1988 wrote: »

Well said so true EA needs to listen!
  • VeNOM2099
    2529 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    The funny thing is, many of these streamers who complained before that it was too hard to score and the bumps and DSS made Defense and skillzoning over powered, are the same ones who are dumping all over EA now and not streaming the game anymore... Funnier still is the fact that even after all the nerfs, people are still skillzoning HARDER than ever. Proving that the issue was NOT that the AI was overpowered. People skillzone because the AI and the goalies are garbage... And EA made them even worse now!

When you see a player like NUGE lose 2-3 games in a row to the same garbage wrist shot from the slot that his unscreened LEGEND goalie can't stop. Worse he dominated those games, but he still goes down in the end to the weakest non-hockey plays.

Ironically, he got what he deserved. They all did...
    YouTube: VeNOM3099
    Twitch: twitch.tv/venom3099

• NHL 19 is dead and that's a great thing.
  • The downfall is still pretty stunning though. Easily the best game in years, annnnndd ... dumpster fire.
  • NHL 19 is dead and that's a great thing.

I wouldn’t say it’s dead. I would say any hope for the series going to a more skillful, faster paced game is slowly going down the drain.
  • Its amazing how EA killed a once promising game just to please some of these guys
  • Don't blame the gamechangers for EA's ineptitude.
  • Sinbin
    1309 posts Member
    Yeah he’s dead on.

And if the game changers were the reason for the changes they need to never have anything to do with this series again. I don’t care how much better they are than me.

Would love to hear the real reasons from the devs. Its just so hard to understand (including on goalies). Where are they on this?

I don't think the Devs will ever admit to this in my opinion game charges should be different every year

It's rare anyone believes the devs. You can't blame them for not coming here to explain it. The community here believes what they think is right, not what actually is right.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Yeah he’s dead on.

And if the game changers were the reason for the changes they need to never have anything to do with this series again. I don’t care how much better they are than me.

Would love to hear the real reasons from the devs. Its just so hard to understand (including on goalies). Where are they on this?

I don't think the Devs will ever admit to this in my opinion game charges should be different every year

It's rare anyone believes the devs. You can't blame them for not coming here to explain it. The community here believes what they think is right, not what actually is right.

Well hopefully they see that the changes they made certainly didn't make the game better it become worse
  • CMBDeadly
    177 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Yeah he’s dead on.

I don't think outside of the minority that disbelieve the devs that anyone truely thinks they come to the forums to mislead us. We just think it's lip service and our opinions don't mean anything only made worse by a gamechanger program that virtue signals to us they are listening. As they continue to put out what the devs and marketing team behind NHL think will sell. Obviously they are wrong.
    Post edited by CMBDeadly on
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Yeah he’s dead on.

Poke check, sticklift, shooting and hitting are all broken.

They're either figuring out how to tune those problems or they aren't.

What's to explain?
  • jiajji wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Yeah he’s dead on.

Poke check, sticklift, shooting and hitting are all broken.

They're either figuring out how to tune those problems or they aren't.

What's to explain?

Poke check, stick lift and shooting are not broken. They are more difficult to use because you have to be more accountable for position.

Stick lift could use a minor adjustment from the sides, I feel sometimes I have a good angle but the animation hooks or slashes for no reason.

Hitting is partially broke when skaters are gliding creating a bubble affect especially from behind. This was put in because the community kept complaining about being bumped off the puck to easily. This needs a small buff to prevent the bubble. But open ice hits still work pretty well.

Also keep in mind with poking and stick lift is connection is the main problem. If you're delayed it makes everything more difficult to do.