EA Forums - Banner

Where to report cheaters

Swoops--73
625 posts Member
edited November 2018
Is there anywhere to report a cheater? And does ea do anything about it? Ranked 80 overall in game and moving up.

Replies

• Hos did the person cheat? Just curious.
  • Socair
    2795 posts Game Changer
    The official method is through here https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/
    Use the “my game isn’t listed” method. Or if you are on Xbox, maybe they have a better console specific way of reporting in game activities.
  • Swoops--73
    625 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Armakuni_k wrote: »
    Hos did the person cheat? Just curious.

He’s on PS4 current rank 85 and he is kicking the opponent to get the win. He’s done 10 more dnf games today. I’m going to keep track of this player and see if any action is taken to stop him from doing this. Socair i did report like you advised. The guy from ea sent me a link and said to report it there also. It was the same place I originally reported it at so hope the guy knows how to handle it.
  • Up to 57 this morning. Man he’s making some quick coins.
  • Swoops--73 wrote: »
    Armakuni_k wrote: »
    Hos did the person cheat? Just curious.

He’s on PS4 current rank 85 and he is kicking the opponent to get the win. He’s done 10 more dnf games today. I’m going to keep track of this player and see if any action is taken to stop him from doing this. Socair i did report like you advised. The guy from ea sent me a link and said to report it there also. It was the same place I originally reported it at so hope the guy knows how to handle it.

someone can do that?

i think this has been happening to me.

how do you recongnize it?
  • Well I’m this case 2 controllers joined the game which was odd. Then 16 seconds in game got an error and had to start it over. I then went and looked at his record. All games in his favor by disconnect.
  • thanks Swoops
  • He’s off and cheating already again. I’m messaging his opponents telling them to report him also.
  • Swoops--73
    625 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Hmnnn something interesting I just found out. There’s a known qmjhl player that ea issued him his own 99ovr card and apparently he disconnects in the tourneys where you get free cards and nothing has happened to him for doing this. Is this one of those things if you can’t beat them join them?
  • Wow he’s up to 39 and over 30 wins today. That’s making some quick coins
  • he might be one to something and maybe i should try this. i'm stuck on Progression Challenge that requires 15 online wins. i've won maybe half-a-dozen online games total the last couple years between NHL18 and NHL19 and most of those were from discontects...
  • Swoops--73
    625 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Wow up to 28 overall and over 50 wins just today. If he’s funneling coins to an alternate account ea can’t see what account it’s going to.
  • Swoops--73 wrote: »
    Wow up to 28 overall and over 50 wins just today. If he’s funneling coins to an alternate account ea can’t see what account it’s going to.

back with NHL18 i was watching people on Mixer using multiple accounts with packs. they'd open them on one account and put them on the market for 1Million coins and then trade from another account. it seemed like a waste of coins and/or cash to me but i saw a few people do it so they must have found value in it.

i still can't figure out how someone could disconnect their opponent but i was playing last night and my opponent seemed to be stopping the game whenever they gained control of the puck or i was in open ice reading a shot. the "waiting for user to reconnect" msg would pop-up in the upper right everytime this happened. the pauses were about 2 to 5 seconds and they seemed to come out of the pause with a clean pass to an open player or in a better position with a defender.
  • He’s up to 14th overall now and over 100 games played all disconnected
  • 120 plus games in 3 days he’s up to 9th place now.
  • EA_Cian
    253 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there folks~

As Socair noted, we have a link that explains how you can report cheaters in game. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/ is the link if you need it again.

I'd again suggest going through the tips there or using the platform-specific reporting tools (for Xbox and PS4, that is) if you're encountering a cheater. Commenting on their actions in a thread isn't going to resolve the situation, and we're also hemming a bit too close to possible naming/shaming.

That in mind, I've closed the thread. Again, use the link I've provided or use console specific reporting tools. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.