EA Forums - Banner

Latest Update: WoC Drop-in Matchmaking and Dressing Room Errors

Replies

• After latest update all online game modes seize to work. Everything from online vs to world of Chel result in error codes..failure to retrieve data....go figure
    Absolute disgrace. There is a handful of things need to happen for me to stay with this franchise but i'll post them things at a later date.

• Snapcaster1
    240 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Since tuner update today. Can’t find one full 6s Lobby 14th try now hoping to see one. Friends getting errors all over the place. Seems bad. Why EA? you were so close to smooth matchmaking. Getting the cancelling search freeze up 4 times now after letting it search for over 3 min I cancel and frozen. Those errors were almost gone too. Don’t get it how can we be going backwards
  • Wow, now I can't even play Versus without getting errors. Unbelievable.
  • Since tuner update today. Can’t find one full 6s Lobby 14th try now hoping to see one. Friends getting errors all over the place. Seems bad. Why EA? you were so close to smooth matchmaking. Getting the cancelling search freeze up 4 times now after letting it search for over 3 min I cancel and frozen. Those errors were almost gone too. Don’t get it how can we be going backwards

The cancel freeze was my last straw last week. I uninstalled. I can't understand how they could dare to sell this game at the price they're selling it and not working tooth and nail to fix these errors. Other companies work as fast as possible to find game breaking bugs, but not EA.
  • Honestly this has become WAYYYYYY more of a lack of care from a developer than I thought even Trash EA was capable of. At this point I hope NONE of you who deal with this issue including myself by the game next year. EA has shown that they don't care about the errors at all. Over a month after release and they are "investigating the error" are you kidding me?

Sad that there aren't any other hockey games to be played, and as much as I would LOVE to see EA get the boot from these markets and a new developer step in I don't think we will ever see it. sad sad

As for me with NHL 19 EA has the money and wont do anything to fix issues, what motivation do they have? I've already given them my $70, they don't care about the community. So the only thing the consumer can do is pledge to NEVER buy a game from EA again. Not just EA sports but the WHOLE company. This is disgusting.
  • I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to find a game. I've had to quit the game several times, and restarted my xbox. Even had a 5v5 almost before everyone bailed. Just now, finally landed a game of 6's, and the face off loop game crashed occurs.

It's obvious that they are a long ways off from finding and fixing the problem. I don't believe that this was a problem they were not aware of (like most of the problems) before release.
  • Hawkgoalie wrote: »
    Honestly this has become WAYYYYYY more of a lack of care from a developer than I thought even Trash EA was capable of. At this point I hope NONE of you who deal with this issue including myself by the game next year. EA has shown that they don't care about the errors at all. Over a month after release and they are "investigating the error" are you kidding me?

Sad that there aren't any other hockey games to be played, and as much as I would LOVE to see EA get the boot from these markets and a new developer step in I don't think we will ever see it. sad sad

As for me with NHL 19 EA has the money and wont do anything to fix issues, what motivation do they have? I've already given them my $70, they don't care about the community. So the only thing the consumer can do is pledge to NEVER buy a game from EA again. Not just EA sports but the WHOLE company. This is disgusting.

I'm not buying it next year. I wasn't even going to buy it this year, but liked my club members enough to have a final farewell tour before retiring from the series. Been at it since NHL 07 and can't do it anymore. But yeah, it's especially frustrating that I spent $60 to play club with some online buddies and I can't even play it. My 12 years with the series will end on the most bitter of notes. But I'm in my 30s now, and the thought of spending my evenings attempting to get into club games is too much at this point. Just feels like my loyalty to the series has resulted in nothing but a massive slap across the face, and that just doesn't sit well with me. Oh well.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to find a game. I've had to quit the game several times, and restarted my xbox. Even had a 5v5 almost before everyone bailed. Just now, finally landed a game of 6's, and the face off loop game crashed occurs.

It's obvious that they are a long ways off from finding and fixing the problem. I don't believe that this was a problem they were not aware of (like most of the problems) before release.

They were aware enough to change the name of the beta's error.
  • Found my first 5v5 drop-in in ages last night. That was fun - wish it happened more often!
  • Found my first 5v5 drop-in in ages last night. That was fun - wish it happened more often!

Aren't you on Xbox, Kid? Thought there were much less issues on the Xbox side.

I just spent 45 mins looking for a game. The only two rooms that almost made it were a 5v5 and a 5v6, both looped the face off and crashed. Xbox has plenty of issues.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1839 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Found my first 5v5 drop-in in ages last night. That was fun - wish it happened more often!

I am on Xbox and yea - I was told that these issues "only affect Ps4"

But that just simply isn't the case. As others have stated here, on Reddit and on Twitter, these issues do not only plague the Ps4 - matchmaking issues and DRE's are appearing for those on Xbox as well.

But that just simply isn't the case. As others have stated here, on Reddit and on Twitter, these issues do not only plague the Ps4 - matchmaking issues and DRE's are appearing for those on Xbox as well.

Hmm, weird. I always thought that the Xbox side was very smooth compared to PS4. Well well. Learn something new every day. Thanks for the feedback.

Hope the online team knows this because if they are looking for a PS4-only problem, then they are on the wrong track. I would assume they know what they are doing....
  • Socair
    2799 posts Game Changer
    Found my first 5v5 drop-in in ages last night. That was fun - wish it happened more often!

In my experience and to my knowledge (not claiming this as EA facts or anything)...Matchmaking issues in both consoles yes. The DRE that’s the big problem on PS4 is a rampant inability to play games consistently. The dressing room error in itself is a proper error message that can pop up on both console (do to whatever cause and it either affects everyone or will single out one user, and it’s not constant, like on PS4 ), but those instances are not synonymous with the same PS4 problem.

Hmm, weird. I always thought that the Xbox side was very smooth compared to PS4. Well well. Learn something new every day. Thanks for the feedback.

Hope the online team knows this because if they are looking for a PS4-only problem, then they are on the wrong track. I would assume they know what they are doing....

Yes we know it happens on Xbox as well, but far less frequently compared to PS4.

Yes we know it happens on Xbox as well, but far less frequently compared to PS4.

Thanks for the unexpected reply. Much appreciated.

Is there anything we can do to help? I mean, should we all send you a pm with our equipment specs and ISP, and what, if any issues, we have? Could that help?
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Only thing I can contribute is this which happened to us last night:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/venom3o99/screenshot/10784142

Our RD came into the DR without his gamertag showing. Then the other team appeared also missing their gamertags and gamerpics. Just prior to that a bunch of us got hit with the DRE forcing us to dashboard TWICE before the game started.
  • Tonight was bad for Clubs. People not loading into games. People get dropped from games and can't join EA servers. What a mess.
  • Pini1123
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm constantly getting dre errors. Can get in with one every 5 tries. I've been patient enough. I'm out. Thank for the past 5 years. Im finally giving up.
  • D_E_L_T_A
    4 posts New member
    edited November 2018
    Pini1123 wrote: »
    I'm constantly getting dre errors. Can get in with one every 5 tries. I've been patient enough. I'm out. Thank for the past 5 years. Im finally giving up.

You thousands of people are feeling the same way right now including me and my two brothers. I have never experienced anything this broken in 30 years of gaming, this just sucks, because when the game works and everything is clean and operating correctly the game is actually really good!

We play chel club since the game came out and we have constantly had dressroom errors every day and the odd thing it’s only the one brother that gets dropped almost every time too. But when we play as a group of 2 it’s random you gets the dressroom error.

I’m personally glad there is much better games out there that deserve my attention instead of this crap.

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on