EA Forums - Banner

Strategies

Prev1
Hey guys, lately I've been having a really tough time with my AI. A few issues I'm having is that they dont go after the puck. They just stand around, the puck could be 5 feet from them and they just stare at it until I take control of that player. Another thing is that I could be right I a passing lane and my player won't intercept the pass, he just let's it go right by him and boom... easy 1T. And lastly, they always seem to be out of position. My team just feels so not aggressive, I have the strategy set to the most aggressive setting.

I'm looking for suggestions on strategies that you guys use that work. My team strategies that I set just aren't working.

And is there a way to switch to the guy closest to the puck? I switch players and always... why would it make me switch to him? This other guy is closer, why didn't it switch to him??

Thanks guys!

Replies

• Hello

I have exactly the same problems as you.

- Player with speed 92 is slower than a player with speed 71
    - Player stands in front of the puck and does not move
    - Player lets the puck just pass by and looks silly behind
    - Puck Loss does not activate the player closest to you, but a player who has nothing to do with the gameplay

Synergy, I think, has no function at all (BU + S + DW

I had contact with support yesterday and he said: It is known that some users have problems with Game Play, as written above.
    I have the problem are NHL19 in the market ....
  • It's not the attitude, it's the gameplay of EA Sports.
    Is the same problem. The opponent hits his racket through the legs of my player and nothing happens, turned over when it is, I immediately put 2min penalty for leg.

EA Sports is more likely to sell its bags than to solve problems.
  • dustmann
    174 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I play NHL 19 HUT challenge
    Toronto Baer
    Ang: 90 Ver: 90 Goal: 90
    Synergy BU + S + DW
    Offline mode and online season due to November card

• I'm looking for suggestions on strategies that you guys use that work. My team strategies that I set just aren't working.

And is there a way to switch to the guy closest to the puck? I switch players and always... why would it make me switch to him? This other guy is closer, why didn't it switch to him??

Thanks guys!

had the same issues and i'm currently trying something new. before i had my lines like a real life team. playmaker, shooter, grinder and i changed to making my lines all the same types. all playmakers, shooters and grinders.

i'm trying this because i picked up a Pat LaFontain to get the TB on but my team really seemed worse so i removed a finesse TB player and added a BE grinder. i lost TB Synergy but my team really improved and i went through the 12 Digital Challenges like butter. i never won an All-star level challenge in NHL18 or 19 let alone a Superstar Challenge.

i have strategies set according to the line type. playmakers set up behind the net, overload with shooters and crash the net with grinders.

i've not started really testing the Defensive strategies yet but i'm looking to play this out for a couple weeks and see if it was a one weekend wonder or if it's really working.
  • Hey guys, lately I've been having a really tough time with my AI. A few issues I'm having is that they dont go after the puck. They just stand around, the puck could be 5 feet from them and they just stare at it until I take control of that player. Another thing is that I could be right I a passing lane and my player won't intercept the pass, he just let's it go right by him and boom... easy 1T. And lastly, they always seem to be out of position. My team just feels so not aggressive, I have the strategy set to the most aggressive setting.

I'm looking for suggestions on strategies that you guys use that work. My team strategies that I set just aren't working.

Thanks guys!

Are your problems online related or offline too?

• I was told that you need Synergy S + BU and players at a very high speed
  • dustmann
    174 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    4497221lyx9f.jpg
    HUT Online
  • 0e7v86pndtfb.jpg
    HUT Online
  • 4azjp1lnvmpj.jpgHUT Online
  • I have no idea what to set
  • It was all good till the first update came.
  • Armakuni_k wrote: »
    Hey guys, lately I've been having a really tough time with my AI. A few issues I'm having is that they dont go after the puck. They just stand around, the puck could be 5 feet from them and they just stare at it until I take control of that player. Another thing is that I could be right I a passing lane and my player won't intercept the pass, he just let's it go right by him and boom... easy 1T. And lastly, they always seem to be out of position. My team just feels so not aggressive, I have the strategy set to the most aggressive setting.

Thanks guys!

It's mostly online. I dont seem to have a problem offline. I am 2 for 2 in the digital 6 superstar challenges.
  • Thanks for the responses guys! I will try some of the settings and strategies you have suggested!
  • OOKKOOKKOOO
    Armakuni_k wrote: »

Thanks guys!

It's mostly online. I dont seem to have a problem offline. I am 2 for 2 in the digital 6 superstar challenges.

I’ve played HUT from the beginning, your problems (and everyone elses too, for that matter) are connection related. There is no ice tilt, most of the time one player has better connection and is in god mode. It sucks, but that’s just the way it is.
    OOKKOOKKOOO

Thanks guys!

I’ve played HUT from the beginning, your problems (and everyone elses too, for that matter) are connection related. There is no ice tilt, most of the time one player has better connection and is in god mode. It sucks, but that’s just the way it is.

You are 100% correct the bars can be all green and you still feel that fat man lag
    OOKKOOKKOOO

Armakuni, are you familiar with "dynamic difficulty adjustment" or "dynamic game difficulty balancing"? EA has a patent on it as do some other game companies. I do agree with you that connectivity is very important but you are false in saying there is no ice tilt. If a player is always losing, there's a good chance they may stop playing the game and more importantly, stop paying for micro-transactions. So the purpose of DDA is to adjust the difficulty in favor of the player that is on a long losing streak in the hopes that they win or at least have a better gaming experience and not quit playing.
  • Socair
    2814 posts Game Changer
    rmnyi wrote: »
    OOKKOOKKOOO

Armakuni, are you familiar with "dynamic difficulty adjustment" or "dynamic game difficulty balancing"? EA has a patent on it as do some other game companies. I do agree with you that connectivity is very important but you are false in saying there is no ice tilt. If a player is always losing, there's a good chance they may stop playing the game and more importantly, stop paying for micro-transactions. So the purpose of DDA is to adjust the difficulty in favor of the player that is on a long losing streak in the hopes that they win or at least have a better gaming experience and not quit playing.
    This has been brought up lots on the forum; it’s old news. You don’t need to try and convince others that a patent is manipulating games when they know it’s the crappy P2P connection.
  • Socair wrote: »
    OOKKOOKKOOO

This has been brought up lots on the forum; it’s old news. You don’t need to try and convince others that a patent is manipulating games when they know it’s the crappy P2P connection.

Thank you.
  • Socair wrote: »
    OOKKOOKKOOO

So, even though we know there is code in the game that does adjust difficulty, you say there is no ice tilt? Please explain. Why do you blame it all on P2P?
  • Socair
    2814 posts Game Changer
    Socair wrote: »
    OOKKOOKKOOO

So, even though we know there is code in the game that does adjust difficulty, you say there is no ice tilt? Please explain. Why do you blame it all on P2P?

We don’t know there is code in the game at all. A patent does not mean a thing exists, but, again, there’s another thread where this has been beaten to death. https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/232197/dynamic-difficulty-is-ruining-versus-play#latest

P2P connections are notoriously unreliable. Doesn’t matter that you have a nice low ping. Any network hiccups on your end or if your opponent is doing anything else on their network, it makes the game sluggish or unresponsive.