EA Forums - Banner

Strategies

2Next

Replies

  • So, even though we know there is code in the game that does adjust difficulty, you say there is no ice tilt? Please explain. Why do you blame it all on P2P?

    I’m gonna try; there probably is some kind of momentum programming, but if there is it is most certainly slight. That EA makes you go on losing/winning streaks sounds like a ridiculous conspiracy theory.

    When the gameplay is extremely lopsided for me it always coincides with input delay, lag etc. Never happens for me when the game runs smoothly. THAT is why I ”know” that connection (sometimes) ruins this game, not some kind of momentum programming.
  • My biggest issue with HUT or Versus has always been that your ai is 100% useless. They do absolutely nothing but skate around the area they are supposed to be defending. They don’t attack the puck carrier. They just stand around and skate towards the next player your opponent passed to yet won’t do anything.

    This is why position lock became popular. Because the moment you locked your position, your ai started to actually play rather than going through the motions.

    Try this. Play a game vs the cpu on superstar. Let them win the first faceoff & enter the zone. Put your controller down & watch what your ai does. Wingers will pretend to defend the points but don’t actually do anything. Your ai doesn’t stick check, it doesn’t anticipate passes and cover the lane or intercept. It does literally nothing but skate up and down up over and over. Might explain why superstar cpu can sit in your zone tic tac toe passing with laser precision. Because nothing is preventing them.

    Now why superstar you ask? Because everything the ai opponents do to defend, stick check, body check, intercept passes the whole nine yards is how YOUR ai should be playing.

    Case and point:

    I own 93 Leetch, 90 Big Buff, 92 Oats, 91 Sittler, 91 Gartner, 90 Nieuwendyk, 89 Coffey, 89 Numinen just to name a few. None of them play remotely close to their stats when ai controlled. They play like it’s practice for skating around your zone defense area. Their stats might as well not even exist.
  • Socair wrote: »
    rmnyi wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    rmnyi wrote: »
    Armakuni_k wrote: »
    OOKKOOKKOOO
    I’ve played HUT from the beginning, your problems (and everyone elses too, for that matter) are connection related. There is no ice tilt, most of the time one player has better connection and is in god mode. It sucks, but that’s just the way it is.


    Armakuni, are you familiar with "dynamic difficulty adjustment" or "dynamic game difficulty balancing"? EA has a patent on it as do some other game companies. I do agree with you that connectivity is very important but you are false in saying there is no ice tilt. If a player is always losing, there's a good chance they may stop playing the game and more importantly, stop paying for micro-transactions. So the purpose of DDA is to adjust the difficulty in favor of the player that is on a long losing streak in the hopes that they win or at least have a better gaming experience and not quit playing.
    This has been brought up lots on the forum; it’s old news. You don’t need to try and convince others that a patent is manipulating games when they know it’s the crappy P2P connection.

    So, even though we know there is code in the game that does adjust difficulty, you say there is no ice tilt? Please explain. Why do you blame it all on P2P?

    We don’t know there is code in the game at all. A patent does not mean a thing exists, but, again, there’s another thread where this has been beaten to death. https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/232197/dynamic-difficulty-is-ruining-versus-play#latest

    P2P connections are notoriously unreliable. Doesn’t matter that you have a nice low ping. Any network hiccups on your end or if your opponent is doing anything else on their network, it makes the game sluggish or unresponsive.

    P2P can have more than two devices connected. That fact defeats your argument, because a 3rd connected device could be EA's.
  • I mean, why in 2018 is P2P a thing? Why isn't this on a server?
  • Just curious on your systems/network configurations. Is your gaming console wired/wifi? dmz?
    Since 18 ive moved and switched internet provider. 19 has been a complete change for me from all the previous years. I havent tried to stay behind the firewall and ditch dmz, just wondering what some of you are running and if you're having any success.
  • Lowernu82 wrote: »
    Just curious on your systems/network configurations. Is your gaming console wired/wifi? dmz?
    Since 18 ive moved and switched internet provider. 19 has been a complete change for me from all the previous years. I havent tried to stay behind the firewall and ditch dmz, just wondering what some of you are running and if you're having any success.

    I have a wired connection and still sometimes it's choppy and lags.

    I had Spotify playing yesterday during a game and it made my game of HUT laggy until I turned off Spotify.

    I think NHL is the only game I can't listen to Spotify and play online at the same time.

  • And the bad thing is that your own teammates try to turn my player around. You run on the left side and what does my AI player (EA) do? He comes running towards me and still rams me

    EA sports? What kind of thinking is that?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.