EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Got disconnected (Cheat probably)

Halirotciv
17 posts Member
edited November 2018
So I had 10 points in division 2, 3 games left to play. Leading 8th game with 4-3 with 8 minutes left, he was actually not good at all, maxed team with 99 lemieux , 94 selanne etc etc. But were just shooting at every opportunity he had and somehow managed to get 3 goals. To the point, 8 minutes left and he dc's me in some way. I never ever had a dc before and the game was very smooth until everything just stopped and he came out with the 3-0 EA win. This guy is ranked 124 in the world, I've met people in that range and they are good, there is no way this guy even could have made div1 legit. I got 1 point the game after then I lost the last one with 4-3. Didn't get Tim horton just because of that DC, seriously needs to do something about this...

Just to add, my connection is extremly stable (Fiber) and haven't been down even once in the last 5 years.

Replies

• i don't get how someone could disconnect you. how would they be able to affect your connection?
  • Me neither, was another thread here about the same thing. That guy was ranked top10 by doing it. Don't know how its working..
  • DocFR44
    11 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    It's called DDOS (Ip booting), its very popular in this game and very easy to do. This is a problem in div 1 and CS. You have to check from that list every game you play:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLHUT/wiki/players_to_avoid

Do not expect EA to do something, I've report many players and they still can play the game without penalty.
  • what is the guys previous record like? lots of 3-0 Disc wins? if so add him to the list above ^^^

• Swoops--73
    612 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    DocFR44 wrote: »
    It's called DDOS (Ip booting), its very popular in this game and very easy to do. This is a problem in div 1 and CS. You have to check from that list every game you play:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLHUT/wiki/players_to_avoid

Do not expect EA to do something, I've report many players and they still can play the game without penalty.

I’m wondering why there’s even an option to report nothing happens. What does that say when us people spend money on this game and packs?
  • Socair
    2297 posts Game Changer
    Please go through the proper channel for reporting suspected cheating here https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/
    Use the “my game isn’t listed” method.

If enough people report a user for cheating it will be investigated. EA can’t just ban people without due process and players won’t be investigated if their account isn’t flagged as reported for cheating by enough people (no idea what the minimum is, but EA would need to see a few to realise it’s not just some person who is bitter over a loss doing the reporting).

I know a page of 3-0 dnf wins is proof enough for us players, but I don’t think EA is monitoring people’s HUT records that closely.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Socair wrote: »
    Please go through the proper channel for reporting suspected cheating here https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

If enough people report a user for cheating it will be investigated. EA can’t just ban people without due process and players won’t be investigated if their account isn’t flagged as reported for cheating by enough people (no idea what the minimum is, but EA would need to see a few to realise it’s not just some person who is bitter over a loss doing the reporting).

I know a page of 3-0 dnf wins is proof enough for us players, but I don’t think EA is monitoring people’s HUT records that closely.

Well I can say this is true. If enough people file a complaint ea will look into it and stop the cheaters. Great work ea.
  • Swoops--73 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »

Well I can say this is true. If enough people file a complaint ea will look into it and stop the cheaters. Great work ea.

And EA now know, what else than ip booting is going on. I hope, that they will do something about disconnect cheaters. If they don`t believe, then I send a video to proof whole thing :#
  • It’s been going on for years. EA either don’t care or just don’t know how to fix that issue.
    Happened to me too last night. Very annoying and frustrating to deal with.
    You wanna play to have fun and the OP kills it for you so they can get a free prize or move up in standings
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!