EA Forums - Banner

Played a game for the first time in over a year

I made a fake PSN account so I could get some free PS+ (I made the switch to PC a bit ago) for the sole purpose of playing a game of chel.


Well, at the end of my one and only versus game of the night I remembered why I stopped playing NHL.



Final score 6-2 Loss.
  • The number of icings that were called that the opponont could EASILY gotten but made his player stop skating was ridiculous.
  • The number of times I was skating forward but a small check/tap from behind made my player magically drop the puck behind him resulting in a turnover was, yes, also ridiculous.
  • 4 of his 6 goals were back door one timers (before you say play better defense...I play chel to play hockey, not play stop the back door pass)
  • When I stick lift someone and their stick breaks, that is not a penalty.
  • When I dive at someone on a breakaway and I touch the puck first and THEN trip them, that is also not a penalty.
  • I dominated TOA, faceoffs, and shots (I know that's not the end all be all to a game, just another frustration that stacks on the rest)





Sorry about the rant.

It's really been something EA. Love ya, kind of.

Replies

  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    Did you play NHL 18 or 19?

    A few of the things you mentioned were changed in 19 such as no stick breaks in competitive online games and we updated the logic for icing so it knows if you could have got the puck if you were to skate so slowing up shouldn’t make a difference anymore.

    Also if you trip someone even after getting puck first by diving, it is a penalty but getting puck first negates the penalty shot. The NHL changed the rule a couple years ago.
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    Did you play NHL 18 or 19?

    A few of the things you mentioned were changed in 19 such as no stick breaks in competitive online games and we updated the logic for icing so it knows if you could have got the puck if you were to skate so slowing up shouldn’t make a difference anymore.

    Also if you trip someone even after getting puck first by diving, it is a penalty but getting puck first negates the penalty shot. The NHL changed the rule a couple years ago.

    Plz, not allways about the gameplay. I enjoy the Ganeplay this year with Tuner 1.0 in offline mode. Good work and better than 17 or 18 in this case. Would like to know what you plan to update in graphic and statistic details. Detailed better stats with a full player card including Cup rings, Trades, Honors of the players and stats named by Team names not NHL or AHL ( in older issues was by Team names ). Look at the website of Eliteprospects and check there how player profiles incl. stats look like. Many missing Jerseys, new Goalie masks or creator app, much more player likenesses ! Maybe for many interessting to know what you plan to update in this direction ?
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    Did you play NHL 18 or 19?

    A few of the things you mentioned were changed in 19 such as no stick breaks in competitive online games and we updated the logic for icing so it knows if you could have got the puck if you were to skate so slowing up shouldn’t make a difference anymore.

    Also if you trip someone even after getting puck first by diving, it is a penalty but getting puck first negates the penalty shot. The NHL changed the rule a couple years ago.

    Actually I've had a few times where I'll beat out an icing and it's clear I did but icing is called or I'll beat my opponent to my end and it should be icing and it isn't and they score.

    Perhaps my issues are a latency issue, not saying icings are broken.
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    Actually I've had a few times where I'll beat out an icing and it's clear I did but icing is called or I'll beat my opponent to my end and it should be icing and it isn't and they score.

    Perhaps my issues are a latency issue, not saying icings are broken.

    If you have videos, I would be curious to see them so that we can break down what may be incorrect in the logic. Thanks.

  • NHLDev wrote: »
    Actually I've had a few times where I'll beat out an icing and it's clear I did but icing is called or I'll beat my opponent to my end and it should be icing and it isn't and they score.

    Perhaps my issues are a latency issue, not saying icings are broken.

    If you have videos, I would be curious to see them so that we can break down what may be incorrect in the logic. Thanks.

    icing has been broken for years, randomly icing just won't work. I would say on average 2-4x a game someone just chucks it the length of the ice, not coming into contact with anyone and D goes back to get the icing called only to realize nope just a glitch in the system. whats funny is how many goals i've seen scored this way. no one gets back on d, assuming icing is being called only to see no icing and then the forecheckers swamp the dman and it leads to a mad scramble that results in a goal.

    but seriously this game is full of little bugs. they aren't game breaking and they never get fixed, you just learn to deal with it.

    What is game breaking is the fact that most people can't get into eashl games and when they do almost always someone's dropped. club seems a little cleaner now but i think thats just because everyone that gets errors in dre's in club, gave up on NHL 19 and does something else.
  • Freeze60Occ
    32 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    oilyGAVIN wrote: »
    I made a fake PSN account so I could get some free PS+ (I made the switch to PC a bit ago) for the sole purpose of playing a game of chel.


    Well, at the end of my one and only versus game of the night I remembered why I stopped playing NHL.



    Final score 6-2 Loss.
    • The number of icings that were called that the opponont could EASILY gotten but made his player stop skating was ridiculous.
    • The number of times I was skating forward but a small check/tap from behind made my player magically drop the puck behind him resulting in a turnover was, yes, also ridiculous.
    • 4 of his 6 goals were back door one timers (before you say play better defense...I play chel to play hockey, not play stop the back door pass)
    • When I stick lift someone and their stick breaks, that is not a penalty.
    • When I dive at someone on a breakaway and I touch the puck first and THEN trip them, that is also not a penalty.
    • I dominated TOA, faceoffs, and shots (I know that's not the end all be all to a game, just another frustration that stacks on the rest)





    Sorry about the rant.

    It's really been something EA. Love ya, kind of.


    You play chel to play hockey, not stop the backdoor pass?

    JUST WOW, see, this is a clear example why the Devs dont and shouldn't listen to people on these forums.

    A huge issue I see is people coming on here and complaining about this, complaining about that... sorry to break it to MOST all of you but you just aren't THAT good at the game. Everyone thinks they are good, but you're not.

    I'll probably upload some videos of our club games, theres some issues sure, always have been, but the games not broken.

    [Socair - edited to remove baiting comment]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • oilyGAVIN wrote: »
    [*]4 of his 6 goals were back door one timers (before you say play better defense...I play chel to play hockey, not play stop the back door pass)

    So let’s get this straight, if you keep leaving the back door open I’m not allowed to use it, just because you don’t like to defend it. Well sorry to inform you, if you don’t defend the back door im gonna keep using it, if you don’t defend the slot I’m gonna keep using it. That’s hockey. To expect your opponent not to take advantage of the opportunities you leave him is kind of stupid.

  • This is precisely why DDA is a thing. You don’t get to decide you don’t want to defend a legit hockey play because you deem it cheap. This is on you. This game has some delusional players when it comes to their skill level and unless you’re winning 80-90 percent of your games you don’t get to claim something is an exploit because your skill level makes it hard for you to stop. Same goes for short side snipes. Some shots need to be high percentage to punish you for not defending properly. I see how you guys play and taking a slapper from the point every time you cross the blue line isn’t going to help you all the time. I see you chasing the puck around like a puppy dog.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.