EA Forums - Banner

So EA is too inept and can't fix a simple matchmaking system. Can we get 12 man EASHL lobbies back?

I remember 3 or 4 years ago, going into a dressing room that fit exactly 12 people, and we all had a draft (over mics) for all the spots, with goalies as the captains doing the draft.

It worked so great because:

- You can fill a room in mere seconds sometimes. A few minutes at most, even in the dead of the night. Once the invites were out, it wouldn't take long.

- Drafts were fun and forced people to play all sorts of positions. Late picks were usually on D.

- It was also a great way to find like minded players to play with in the future, etc.

- There was no griefing or trolling because if you did, you would never be invited back.

Because of this it was a fun atmosphere win or lose.

Jump forward to today. They (for some reason) chopped up the dwindling EASHL base into like 4 or 5 different modes (6v6, 3v3, 1v1, 3s arcade). I don't get it.

EA just gradually breaks everything and most of the time it's stuff that actually works. How is this even possible for a multi-Billion dollar company? Are they really that out of touch?

Give us our 12 man lobbies back! And FIX THE GAME. It's been 70 days since release in a 365 day game cycle.

Replies

• kapitanron wrote: »
    It's been 70 days since release in a 365 day game cycle.
    Good observation. I wonder if EA knows....
  • Games on sale this week in Canada for 30$ lol not even a full 3 months from release. That’s gotta tell ya something....
  • Games on sale this week in Canada for 30$ lol not even a full 3 months from release. That’s gotta tell ya something....

Tells me it's black Friday
  • I want 12 man lobbies back so bad
  • i think you mean dressing rooms? lobbies are what we lost after "rebuild" for current gen consoles. They were limited to 50 people I think and then they would spawn a new one. That was back when this game had some semblance of a community.

they have completely destroyed the online community aspect of this game. Now the only community is actually external, through competitive league websites and such which only a small fraction of the playerbase is involved in.

the current state of things is so bad other than if you are lucky enough to have 5-6 friends that play often, dont get errors and are decent enough to make Club fun. 4 years ago I would spend half of my time in "drops" playing with all levels of player but for most part good guys that were fun to play with. Talent levels ranged from mediocre to fantastic (if you took the top 100 competitive 6s players during that time i probably randomly played 1000s of drop games with them). Drafts, etc... all good fun and the system worked just needed improvement.

Now? it's complete and utter GARBAGE. I still play a lot of drops because i don't feel like finding new people to club with every night (still club but not as much). I've friended 100s of players over the years and only a handful still play NHL because online is just such a bad experience. So if i want to get in a quick 4-5 games i'm stuck with drop ins usually. OMG its the worst experiences. Gets worse every year but this year is at an all time low. All the problems with just getting into a game aside. Once you get into a game, EA still does NOTHING about griefers/trolls. This is a massive problem and has been for many years and they have done nothing about it so it just gets worse. Combine that with the quality of players left still playing drop ins are all time lows. CR isn't the greatest indicator but i go entire nights without seeing anyone on either team over 520. I see the majority are between 300-450.

Things have never been this bad. I'm not sure this game or at least what it meant to most of us dedicated 6s players, will ever recover. It's too bad because the actual in game play is maybe better than ever (although still has a lot of little things that need fixing). But frankly no one left playing public games other than goofs. All of the good players I know that are still playing, do not play every night anymore they play other games and only come online to club (even thats rare) or because they are forced to for their competitive leagues.
  • kapitanron
    43 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I think the absolute worst thing they could have done is FORCE drop-ins on everyone that didn't want/choose to play club (for whatever reason).

That's why they removed the 12-man dressing rooms (where the aforementioned drafts happened), to try and make drop-ins more populated.

But by doing so, instead they just turned the whole EASHL game-mode (excluding club) to toxic faeces because they also don't punish trolls/griefers that we're forced to now play with.

With that single change EA effectively said "hey trolls, the regulars are now stuck playing with you, and can't have their own 12 man private lobbies, so go all out and make them want to smash their consoles! hahahah!"

We're stuck in a loop here for many years now and EA refuses to do anything about it. It's pathetic.

• Can @nhldev or somebody tell us why you took away 12 man private lobbies please?
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    Can @nhldev or somebody tell us why you took away 12 man private lobbies please?

I don't have all the details but have let the online team know about this thread so they can follow along and possibly chime in when they have time.
  • Thank you! @nhldev , I have tried contacting anyone affiliated with the title through Twitter and other means to no avail. There is a huge community wanting private lobbies back, EXTREMELY FUN and also a great community builder it was
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    Can @nhldev or somebody tell us why you took away 12 man private lobbies please?

I don't have all the details but have let the online team know about this thread so they can follow along and possibly chime in when they have time.

The game has been out for a while and this is the best response to the fact that the matchmaking in the game is a joke? This speaks absolute volumes for this company