EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

NHL 19 - Tuner and Patch Notes

Replies

• NHLDev wrote: »
    If we make gameplay changes, we update the tuner version number with associated notes. When they added the new jerseys, they had to flip a variable via the gameplay tuner as the roster alone wouldn't do it apparently. All gameplay is the same as it was and there were no changes other than the variable to enable the jerseys.

@NHLDev No, in EASHL, I can confirm this is not the same gameplay sir. Looks like the tuner released before. I would not complain if it was still the same. Perphaps you guys should take a look at it.

I love how the developers of the game state the obvious, and some forum members feel compelled to tell them - those who make the game - that they are wrong.

This is why these forums drive me insane and I need professional help to diagnose the reasons why I keep coming back.
    Maybe they did some changes unintentionally... ;)

If we make gameplay changes, we update the tuner version number with associated notes. When they added the new jerseys, they had to flip a variable via the gameplay tuner as the roster alone wouldn't do it apparently. All gameplay is the same as it was and there were no changes other than the variable to enable the jerseys.

@NHLDev No, in EASHL, I can confirm this is not the same gameplay sir. Looks like the tuner released before. I would not complain if it was still the same. Perphaps you guys should take a look at it.

I love how the developers of the game state the obvious, and some forum members feel compelled to tell them - those who make the game - that they are wrong.

This is why these forums drive me insane and I need professional help to diagnose the reasons why I keep coming back.

Sometimes I think you are insane. :tongue:

lmao it's so true.
    @KidShowtime1867 maybe if EA was doing its job by testing the game every way possible before releasing tuner, I would not be here complaining that nothing worked correctly since the release of the game which I paid.... uhmmmm 100$ for to play a game that is broken. Do I need to remember you that they took even a month to fix a matchmaking issue that still today is still causing drops, dessing room errors etc. I will get some videos proof of that then we'll talk about it.

They do test the game in every way possible. Do I need to "remember you" that there was a beta test in the summer that went pretty darn well?

It does seem to be that the move to the real world of saturated household routers, shoddy ISPs, routing principals that make you go 'huh' and the generally crazy world of the internet seems to always be the Achilles heel for the NHL franchise.

But you'd think the BETA would've introduced these issues. Obviously there is a huge difference in how the networking is handled between the build released for BETA and the build sent out on release.

Either that, or there's a massive increase in the numbers who play retail than those who played BETA - which I think is fairly obvious.

So is it a network capacity issue? A fundamental change in networking between beta and release? I suspect the former, as the latter would be painfully obvious.

lmao it's so true.
    @KidShowtime1867 maybe if EA was doing its job by testing the game every way possible before releasing tuner, I would not be here complaining that nothing worked correctly since the release of the game which I paid.... uhmmmm 100$ for to play a game that is broken. Do I need to remember you that they took even a month to fix a matchmaking issue that still today is still causing drops, dessing room errors etc. I will get some videos proof of that then we'll talk about it.

They do test the game in every way possible. Do I need to "remember you" that there was a beta test in the summer that went pretty darn well?

It does seem to be that the move to the real world of saturated household routers, shoddy ISPs, routing principals that make you go 'huh' and the generally crazy world of the internet seems to always be the Achilles heel for the NHL franchise.

But you'd think the BETA would've introduced these issues. Obviously there is a huge difference in how the networking is handled between the build released for BETA and the build sent out on release.

Either that, or there's a massive increase in the numbers who play retail than those who played BETA - which I think is fairly obvious.

So is it a network capacity issue? A fundamental change in networking between beta and release? I suspect the former, as the latter would be painfully obvious.

Hmm, all this is possible. I mean, I have no idea how internet infrastructure and routing works other than in my home.

One weird thing though, I have like maybe a 3% fail rate at joining games. I have been booted in 3 or maybe 4 games. I got maybe 5 DRE. My main problem is when I do find 6vs6 games, which are very frequently, there are always 2 to 4 players that get booted. I end up playing 4vs 3 or whatever.

I always connect. I hardly ever lag.

Actually, I do have 2 issues with 19. When searching for 6vs6 games, sometimes the search seems to hang and not find games. Other issue is when this happens, I cancel and of course I have to reboot the game. So maybe it is 1 issue, depending on how you look at it.

I don't get why some people, like me, have almost no issues while others can't even play. Pretty extreme spectrum.
  • As a Defenseman, I can tell you that this latest tweak has hurt us badly back there. I'm hitting puck carriers dead on and only dislodging the puck instead of him bouncing off the ice. Something ain't right here.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    As a Defenseman, I can tell you that this latest tweak has hurt us badly back there. I'm hitting puck carriers dead on and only dislodging the puck instead of him bouncing off the ice. Something ain't right here.

Well that's what patch 1.3 does for ya. Killed defense.
  • Go back to 1.0 tuner.
  • ExSnake01 wrote: »
    Go back to 1.0 tuner.

this.

please.

lmao it's so true.

Hmm, all this is possible. I mean, I have no idea how internet infrastructure and routing works other than in my home.

One weird thing though, I have like maybe a 3% fail rate at joining games. I have been booted in 3 or maybe 4 games. I got maybe 5 DRE. My main problem is when I do find 6vs6 games, which are very frequently, there are always 2 to 4 players that get booted. I end up playing 4vs 3 or whatever.

Actually, I do have 2 issues with 19. When searching for 6vs6 games, sometimes the search seems to hang and not find games. Other issue is when this happens, I cancel and of course I have to reboot the game. So maybe it is 1 issue, depending on how you look at it.

I don't get why some people, like me, have almost no issues while others can't even play. Pretty extreme spectrum.

Madden installed on my external drive and I was having that issue.

moved it to internal drive and works so much better... menus and all.

so, just gotta wonder how many folks have this installed on external drives.

lmao it's so true.

That could be a very good point.
  • I do know I rarely get them and I'm on internal. My buddy had his on external and we played couch coop and it booted us out ten minutes into a game every time.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I do know I rarely get them and I'm on internal. My buddy had his on external and we played couch coop and it booted us out ten minutes into a game every time.

That's why when I bought my PS4 I also bought a 2TB hard drive at the same time and installed it before even turning on my PS4. 500GB is a joke for these consoles.
  • I do know I rarely get them and I'm on internal. My buddy had his on external and we played couch coop and it booted us out ten minutes into a game every time.

That's why when I bought my PS4 I also bought a 2TB hard drive at the same time and installed it before even turning on my PS4. 500GB is a joke for these consoles.

Agree 100%. Wow, we get to install 6 games. Thanks ps4. Such a joke.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member

Mine is on an external drive. No issues.
  • Sinbin wrote: »

right, but that doesn't mean that in certain situations with certain hardware at certain levels of capacity on the drive there isn't problems.
  • Why is the match making so broken? 9/10 I find a game with only 20s left and maybe 5 people total?!??
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »

right, but that doesn't mean that in certain situations with certain hardware at certain levels of capacity on the drive there isn't problems.

Sure. Anything's possible. I just haven't had any issues. I play on 2 different consoles. One uses an external drive, one internal. Neither have had any issues.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »

Sure. Anything's possible. I just haven't had any issues. I play on 2 different consoles. One uses an external drive, one internal. Neither have had any issues.
    Good for you.
  • ExSnake01
    460 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Just finished playing a game. The guy was constantly tapping to skate backwards and puck protection to avoid being hit. Two or three of my guys just sliding or bouncing off him. Couldn't initiate any hits. Pokechecks are meaningless. The puck either goes back to puck carrier or you get a trip. Same with stick lift. There is no defense in this game now. Offense is just circling around until the slot opens and score the same goal. Rinse repeat.

Everyone is doing forehand to backhand goal. I mean "everyone" is scoring the same goal

Not sure if it's the tuners or updates that made it this way... Also had this awful delay input with solid green connection across all games. It's playing way too much like 18.

For anyone thinking of buying this, wait till it hits the $10 bin unless EA makes this game play like the beta. Not sure how or why they screwed up so badly. You had a great game when it came out but you guys turned everything upside down. I really don't get it.

Probably going to uninstall and give it another try in a couple months. My PSN membership is about to expire too. I guess there isn't a point to renewing it. :/
    Post edited by ExSnake01 on
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    The number of used NHL 19's at my local EB GAMES and PS4 bundles at other stores still available says it all.
  • CoachBewk
    26 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Please just go back to the original tuner settings from the beta, I don't understand why this has to be so hard when so many people are complaining how bad the game is.

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on