EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 - Gameplay trailer

Check out all we've shared about the new features and discuss it right here.

Cancelling Search Freeze

2Next

Replies

• Of course no comments cause nobody likes the truth ever! Truth hurts!
  • Snapcaster1
    240 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    But I think the point people
    Wanna make is the fact that eashl is so close to being so good that I would be willing to subscribe to the game if it was smooth and matchmaking worked properly and you could play hockey with your friends nightly after a grooling day of work with whatever you do for a living it’s nice to hook up with childhood friends and share a game you love and have fun as if you were a kid again! EA YOUR SO CLOSE! Fix it and I will Pay! Thanks for your time! @EA_Roger
  • thegoaliezone
    21 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Nothing comming! They won’t answer! bump all day bro! EA DONT CARE they want $$$ HUT =$$$ and eashl = 0 do the math it’s easy to understand! welcome to society! the entire globe is this way! Every single shareholder company operates in the same manor. EA is no different from COKE, Walmart, or any other big stock out there blame the olive guy who took that one olive outta the can and became the president! It’s really that simple. It all boils down to making the shareholders their returns! End of story
    I agree with you, but no need to get mad bro.
  • Bump.
  • EA_Roger wrote: »
    The pink slip at the top of the forum is an overall EA downtime, not just NHL. I thought it was the most efficient manner to make our player-base aware of the issue. I'll add in clarification.

Source:
    Do you know if the matchmaking cancel search freeze is being addressed? It forces a game reboot every time which is a big problem. Thanks.
    The pink slip at the top of the forum is an overall EA downtime, not just NHL. I thought it was the most efficient manner to make our player-base aware of the issue. I'll add in clarification.

Source:
    Do you know if the matchmaking cancel search freeze is being addressed? It forces a game reboot every time which is a big problem. Thanks.

Silly question, but can't you just pull the internet wire from your console and plug it back in? Should reset you from the servers like a reboot does, only faster imo.
  • EA_Roger
    1298 posts Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    @inthecrease31 , my apologies for not seeing this sooner. I've merged your replies back into your topic. I understand your frustration however please don't derail threads as this is against the forum rules:
    Keep it on-topic. If someone created a thread, it's because they're looking for an answer to their question or want to discuss a specific topic. Changing the topic of the thread isn't helpful.

I'll check out if we have any other similar issues reported to us on this and if we have an investigation on-going. In the meantime can you reply to the following questions if you've had the freeze cancel issue?

• Platform:
    • How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
    • Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
    • What happens when the bug occurs?
    • What do you expect to see?
    • What time did you last see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
    • What is your time zone?
    • What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
    • Do you get an errors? If so please share them here:
    • EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
    • What is your game language?

Thanks,

Roger.
  • inthecrease31
    117 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    @inthecrease31 , my apologies for not seeing this sooner. I've merged your replies back into your topic. I understand your frustration however please don't derail threads as this is against the forum rules:
    Keep it on-topic. If someone created a thread, it's because they're looking for an answer to their question or want to discuss a specific topic. Changing the topic of the thread isn't helpful.

I'll check out if we have any other similar issues reported to us on this and if we have an investigation on-going. In the meantime can you reply to the following questions if you've had the freeze cancel issue?

• Platform: PS4
    • How often does the bug occur? Approximately 50% in EASHL 3s and 6s drop in game searches. 0% in Ones game searches.
    • Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to search for a 3s game. After 30-60 seconds of search time elapses, attempt to cancel the search.
    • What happens when the bug occurs? After attempting to cancel the search as noted above, “Cancelling Search” will appear on the screen and run indefinitely, forcing you to either reboot the game or manually disconnect your internet connection in order to reconnect to the EA server.
    • What do you expect to see? “Cancelling Search” will appear on the screen and run indefinitely.
    • What time did you last see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) October 23 @ 9:13pm and 9:37pm both EASHL 3s dropin.
    • What is your time zone? EST
    • What is your gamertag/PSN ID? See PM.
    • Do you get an errors? If so please share them here: No error codes appear.
    • EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region. East
    • What is your game language? English

Thanks,

Roger.
    Thank you @EA_Roger for your reply. There was no intent on my behalf to derail the other thread. I believed my topic could be related to connectivity issues.

Please see answers to your questions above. I will PM my gamer tag to you.

Thank you for your assistance.

Edit: Please note that l first began experiencing this issue on October 13 and have been encountering it ever since. I purchased the game on launch day and did not experience this issue until October 13.
    Post edited by inthecrease31 on

• Platform:

Thanks,

Roger.
    Hello @EA_Roger

I have provided the info requested. Is there an update on this issue?

Thanks.

• Platform:

Thanks,

Roger.
    Hello @EA_Roger

I have provided the info requested. Is there an update on this issue?

Thanks.
    No reply after 2 weeks. I guess providing all of the info requested was a complete waste of my time?
  • HabsCowboysOwn
    2 posts New member
    edited November 2018
    I'm having the same problem on a daily basis and it's no secret that a lot of people do. Today was particularly frustrating, the cancel button freeze kept happening and for three EASHL 3v3 drop-in games played, I had to close my app (on Xbox One) and restart the game at least 10 times in the span of 2 hours. Think about it for a second. The matchmaking system for EASHL drop-in games is downright broken (you already know that) and as if that isn't enough, I have to repeat the same tedious process over and over again in the hope of finally being able to play some games. Most people don't have their entire day off and can't afford to lose hours restarting the game and navigating your glitchy menus EA. What are you gonna do about it?

The fact this is still a problem more than two months after the game came out is a sad joke and I take it as a big insult from EA, a company that definitely doesn't care about its long-time customers. Don't tell me there's no one on your dev team who knows how to fix this. If that's the case, it may be time for a complete overhaul because things like that are happening every year. At least if you don't give a crap, have the decency to say it like it is and stop pretending you're ''actively working on a solution''. That's complete and utter crap and everyone knows it.

[Socair - edited for profanity]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • lol ive gotten tired of having this issue so i finally decided to google it.... brought me here and im not at all suprised to not see a post from EA adressing this issue. Pretend the issue dont exsit, maybe it will go away
  • Also having this issue as of Nov. 25th. I can’t get a game in.
  • @NHL_ONL_Producer
    @NHLDev

Bumping this thread for your reference.
  • Bump. Ridi