EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

If the Beta played like this I wouldn't have bought NHL 19

Replies

• I bet they will say in the survey everyone likes the game, thanks for the positive feedback.
  • zingaa1 wrote: »
    I bet they will say in the survey everyone likes the game, thanks for the positive feedback.

Honestly, wouldn't surprise me. They have said already that we are a minority of complainers here on these forums. Through their feedback there's lots of people who love the game and the changes they've made. I've counted 3 on these forums (everybody knows who) and 1 on YouTube, Facebook, and reddit.

Offline the game is good though, I'll give credit where it's due. Franchise mode is improved slightly with scouting and fog of war. They still need to improve on it lots though.

But yeah, they lost me as a customer and I've been a day one purchase except for one year (I got lied to and was told 18 was way different than 17) and now they've neglected everyone here, convinced that their idea of the way they want the game to play is more important than the abundance of feedback given, that my hatred for this company has outgrown my passion for playing puck on my gaming console.

It's as if we were given red dead redemption 2 but they took away the storyline and just gave us a call of duty shooter. They took the soul of nhl 19 out of the actual game.
  • Let me preface this question by saying that I do not feel this way. But I do want to ask the question because I think it is a viable question.

Does anyone feel deceived by EA?
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • Let me preface this question by saying that I do not feel this way. But I do want to ask the question because I think it is a viable question.

I do. 100%.

Deceived , screwed ,conned ..never again EA
  • I mean you can't even play 6s anymore because they can't even fix the dressing room errors and nobody's on anymore. The fact I paid 100 bucks for a preorder to play this mode alone is completely unacceptable.

100% I do.
  • It is the second biggest flop this series has ever seen. NHL 15 is the kingpin and this one comes in second because it should have been a great game and refused to be. It literally brought people back, and then it killed their future sales. I'm guaranteeing it.
  • Agreed, I would not have bought the game if it played like this in the Beta. It seems they don't care though.

Prove me wrong EA.
  • NHL 20’s release date is Black Friday.

It will be the first NHL in about 20 years I don’t buy on day 1.

Same here.

Why would we buy NHL 20 when they can do the same thing they did with NHL 19?

NHL 20 could be a great game in beta and first month of release then they could just change it completely, like they did with NHL 19.

NHL 19 -> NHL 18 a month after release, nobody paid for that. Thanks though EA.
  • CMBDeadly wrote: »
    Agreed, I would not have bought the game if it played like this in the Beta. It seems they don't care though.

Prove me wrong EA.

everyone should have known better than to buy NHL 19 based on the Beta. The Beta was a complete disaster because of DREs and such. I told everyone I know not to buy it, I said not until they fix the problems that everyone was seeing in beta. Many listened but quite a few didn't bought the game with the assumptions "no way EA doesn't fix this before release". Boy were they wrong. What's worse is they were all convinced that a fix was in, told me it was fixed and to buy it. I do the next day and find out "oh we were wrong we are all getting errors again". Funny thing is i'm the only person left playing they all gave up and ironically enough I've never gotten an error.

I was on these forums warning everyone and very critical of EA asking devs many times how can they close beta and move to release without fixing this game breaking problem and testing it in another round of beta. They never responded. This is exactly what I predicted would happen and now a great game has had about the 3rd or 4th major setback that helped kill it off. My friends list tells it all. over past 10 years i've taken the time to add 100s of players and at this point only a handful of people still play. And even then most of them only sign on to play in leagues because they feel forced to.
  • We wuz bamboozled.
  • ExSnake01
    460 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    If they continue to ignore the feedback and keep the game the way it is currently, maybe it's not such a bad idea to let EA pull the plug for this series?
  • I was actually going to buy this for the first time in 3 years. Glad I popped in to see it is still garbage.

What would that really prove? If you were that pissed then why buy it at all? If you want the situation to change it may take a massive drop in sales for anything to change. If that happens it may turn into another NBA Live situation except I am not sure an NHL game could survive that.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Let me preface this question by saying that I do not feel this way. But I do want to ask the question because I think it is a viable question.

Yep, so much so I, for a fact, will not be buying 20. I just don't trust them at this point. If players want to buy it next year, by all means, but I'm willing to bet the forums will look and read the same next year.
    It would be much different if I just didn't like the game. but for crying out loud, the DRE's and search freezes can't even get us into games a lot of times.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Funny how at launch this place was positive. People raving about the game, how much fun, fresh and different it was. Look at the posts in the last 2 weeks. People are dumping all over this game, and with tremendously good reason.

Enjoy the sales crash and dumpster fire this game has turned into. Who knows, you guys may finally kill off this franchise next year and not have to worry about fixing matchmaking.
  • OvenMitts91
    62 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    NHL 20’s release date is Black Friday.

What would that really prove? If you were that pissed then why buy it at all? If you want the situation to change it may take a massive drop in sales for anything to change. If that happens it may turn into another NBA Live situation except I am not sure an NHL game could survive that.

Meaning, that is the first day I’d even consider purchasing the game. I’d rather hear feedback from the community before wasting any money. I hear you loud and clear though.

If by thanksgiving next year the consensus is that the game is terrible I’ll just skip it altogether. I’ll play the NHL 20 beta because it’s free, but even if it’s the greatest hockey game ever created there’s no chance in hell im buying it on release date with the high probability risk that Ben and Company tune the game into a dumpster fire in the name of “sKiLL gAp” and “aDjUsTiNg tO tHe CoMpEtITion”

Meaning, that is the first day I’d even consider purchasing the game. I’d rather hear feedback from the community before wasting any money. I hear you loud and clear though.

If by thanksgiving next year the consensus is that the game is terrible I’ll just skip it altogether. I’ll play the NHL 20 beta because it’s free, but even if it’s the greatest hockey game ever created there’s no chance in hell im buying it on release date with the high probability risk that Ben and Company tune the game into a dumpster fire in the name of “sKiLL gAp” and “aDjUsTiNg tO tHe CoMpEtITion”

Completely and totally agree. Ain't gonna get me twice.