EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

What's Going On With NHL 19?

Replies

• EA_Roger wrote: »

How about people feeling like the game isn't as agile or fast as the beta?
    When we made the agility change we knew that bigger, slower players were going to lose those steps, and I’m not surprised that players playing in the EASHL as a defensive defensemen would have liked how quick-footed they were prior to that change we made during the beta, but that’s one of those things we have to decide. Is that the right reason to like it? Should you not want to consider being a two-way defensemen who’s slightly faster and giving up a little bit of strength in hitting if it’s a no-brainer to pick a defensive defensemen? It might mean something’s out of balance anyways.

I understand the line of thinking in the above quote, but I have an issue with it.

The difference between my 6'5" defensive Dman and my 6' 0" offensive dmandoesn't feel like a big slow guy vs a speedy agile skill player, it feels like the difference between a big slow guy and an even bigger slower guy. Maybe this new approach that's been done with all the patches and tuners would be better if the skill ceiling was higher. Instead of tuning everything down from the beta, maybe they should have kept the big guys where they were and moved everyone smaller up a bit.
  • Top 100 ranked EASHL player here.. This is the first time I have ever posted but I really feel it is necessary at this point. I've played over 1000 games already on NHL 19 EASHL so I believe my input is validated. Just here to say this game is trash and I am exposing it by scoring the exact same glitch goals over and over again because I am also garbage. I have literally score the exact same glitch goal NINE times in one single game. The AI goalie just never learns, lol. It's ridiculous and stupid that it works like this but this is EA sports guys. I am someone who craves authentic 'real' hockey experience as I have played my entire life competitively through Junior A's, but I will continue to expose this game for what it is and get easy goals because it honestly seems like that is how the game is meant to be played. That being said, these are some of the issues I've found with the game that could be fixed:

no practice mode with EASHL player
    no announcer in drop ins in the middle of Afghanistan
    instant replays look like they were filmed by a blind person
    my team just won the cup in club mode and there was no cut scene or celebration at the end, just ended like a normal game.. No trophy like Ones mode.. nothing...
    players auto skate on stretch passes uncontrollably in a direction that wasn't user inputted and there's nothing you can do
    hockey bags are a joke.. I stopped getting them when i reached p3 50 and now the only way to get them is through Ones. No thanks. My left thumb can only handle so much
    no mascot or intro prop usage at any games in club so why do we have them?
  • Had a pretty good morning, only 2 DRE's 2 search freeze and a game lockup.....not bad.
  • Pini1123
    53 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Tried to play 8 games with my eashl team. I got 7 dressing room errors! 7 DRESSING ROOM ERRORS. IS THIS A JOKE?
  • Yes this is a joke
  • What’s ironic is that the twitch stream event that had various popular NHL streamers, their opinions were centered around how NHL 19 was the best NHL on this generation. This was before the tuners that reverted gameplay back to NHL 18
  • Vesa35 wrote: »
    What’s ironic is that the twitch stream event that had various popular NHL streamers, their opinions were centered around how NHL 19 was the best NHL on this generation. This was before the tuners that reverted gameplay back to NHL 18

Until they played it for a longer period of time and realized it was a little harder to score and their disciples couldn't tell them how great they were
  • How can something get worse and worse, month after month?
  • So...are we just done getting patches? Last one was October 26th, since then more teams have revealed and wore their 3rd jerseys. Doesn't make sense to only have some jerseys in the game and not others.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1186 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Recently the trend in clubs seems to be that the opponent score one or two goals using the trusty methods, like short-side bug wrister, and then their d-men drop out of the game, so they win easy. The bot d-men just intercept every frigging pass, they tie you up against the boards (too long without penalty), they tie you up in front of the goal (without penalty mind, if you try that, it's an insta penalty), they catch you up, they rob the puck, they block the shots, they're always the first to pick up the dumped puck... etc. Basically the two AI players take care of defence alone, they in some superman mode, and the human players can just take it easy or wait for the breakaway pass at the opposing blue line.

Git good eh?
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Recently the trend in clubs seems to be that the opponent score one or two goals using the trusty methods, like short-side bug wrister, and then their d-men drop out of the game, so they win easy. The bot d-men just intercept every frigging pass, they tie you up against the boards (too long without penalty), they tie you up in front of the goal (without penalty mind, if you try that, it's an insta penalty), they catch you up, they rob the puck, they block the shots, they're always the first to pick up the dumped puck... etc. Basically the two AI players take care of defence alone, they in some superman mode, and the human players can just take it easy or wait for the breakaway pass at the opposing blue line.

Git good eh?

Skill gap :tongue:
  • What's going on with NHL 19? They took a great game called NHL 19 beta and turned it into NHL 18.2

Remembee 18 was hardly different from 17.
  • I want it to be possible to play with all teams in Be a Pro not only NHL, AHL and the canadian junior leagues.

Remembee 18 was hardly different from 17.

Other than the DSS, you are right. Pretty much the same game.
  • If you think about it, EA is basically saying this to us, don't go into a game and just play hockey.

Why not give us a scouting report on every goalie in this game? Like a tutorial on how to do cheese goals so everyone can learn them and memorize them.

Breakaway/penalty shot moves that will work every time.
    Wrist shots that work every time.

This is kind of what I miss about 1.0 tuner, you just went into a game and played hockey. There was no memorizing cheese goals. You didn't have to worry about players trying the same shot the whole game because it didn't work.

• jmwalsh8888
    994 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    LeFury_27 wrote: »
    If you think about it, EA is basically saying this to us, don't go into a game and just play hockey.

Why not give us a scouting report on every goalie in this game? Like a tutorial on how to do cheese goals so everyone can learn them and memorize them.

Breakaway/penalty shot moves that will work every time.
    Wrist shots that work every time.

This is kind of what I miss about 1.0 tuner, you just went into a game and played hockey. There was no memorizing cheese goals. You didn't have to worry about players trying the same shot the whole game because it didn't work.

thats not quite true. CPU goalies are programmed and in general there are many ways to beat them and players learn that and will exploit it when they can. But it takes time. The longer the game is out the more people learn. But in beta there were definitely ways. There was already videos out essentially "how to score in nhl 19 every time" by like day 3.

that being said, the current meta exploit if you will, is by far the easiest way. they need to fix goalie programming to stop going down so easy and stop cheating so much and just opening itself up to the much easier goal.
  • Given the recent press EA has gotten with multiple games they produce, it shouldn't be all that surprising.

The uproar from Battlefront 2, turning Battlefield 5 into something literally no one wants to play by forcing gender politics onto its fan base. Then further alienating them by saying "if you don't like it, don't buy it".

No reason EA is continually voted as the worst company in America.
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    People don't play this game for hours like they used to back in the glory days of this game (NHL 09 thru NHL 12).

The game has become such a stressful grind people just stop playing after a few games.

Bring back the NHL 09 thru NHL 12 format/gameplay and you will revitalize this game and the hockey community. People played these years titles for 4 to 8 hours each and every day/night, day after day, and night after night, it had a cult/loyal following, lets go back to what worked.

1. The amount of time it takes to get a good game.

2. The loss of otp lobbies.

Finding a competitive 6v6 game feels like a chore.

I can recall the complaints over only being able to join 1 club & the mandatory "cooling off" period if you voluntarily left a club.

I'm wondering if there is a correlation between not having otp lobbies and sanctioned club hopping. Having both available would seem ideal but maybe there is a thought process to limiting our options or maybe it's just poor marksmanship.
  • jiajji wrote: »
    sgiz1 wrote: »
    People don't play this game for hours like they used to back in the glory days of this game (NHL 09 thru NHL 12).

The game has become such a stressful grind people just stop playing after a few games.

Bring back the NHL 09 thru NHL 12 format/gameplay and you will revitalize this game and the hockey community. People played these years titles for 4 to 8 hours each and every day/night, day after day, and night after night, it had a cult/loyal following, lets go back to what worked.

1. The amount of time it takes to get a good game.

2. The loss of otp lobbies.

Finding a competitive 6v6 game feels like a chore.

I can recall the complaints over only being able to join 1 club & the mandatory "cooling off" period if you voluntarily left a club.

I'm wondering if there is a correlation between not having otp lobbies and sanctioned club hopping. Having both available would seem ideal but maybe there is a thought process to limiting our options or maybe it's just poor marksmanship.

The lack of OTP lobbies has slowly chipped away at the sense of community that this game was able to offer.