EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

image
Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

New Patch = Slap In the Face

Prev1
ChellingOutBrah
15 posts Member
edited December 2018
This patch is a slap in the face to hard core gamers. I've never wished more that I had physical copy of this game just so I could destroy it, urinate on it, and then set it on fire. In the matter of 2.5 months they've completely ruined game play and provided 0 hope that they would change. They claim there is now a skill gap but all they have promoted is less passing, more dipsy doodling, puck hogging, OP AI, dynamic difficulty taking over and glitch shots. Skill gap was the good old days 5-6 years ago when you would blow out an opponent 10-1 because all they wanted to do is spin, spin, spin and no idea how to create space or have good puck movement.

I guess it's too much to ask to create a game that promotes quick passing/cycling. Oh wait, that was Beta, and they decided to revert back to the cheesiest of all hockey games ever made.

Embarrassing doesn't begin to explain NHL19.

Replies

  • Socair
    2296 posts Game Changer
    All of that stuff can be adjusted via tuners, not patches.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • WFWR26
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Socair wrote: »
    All of that stuff can be adjusted via tuners, not patches.
    And yet we still have this pile of garbage as a game. The squad has shelfed 19, wont be getting 20, and I’m guessing will be done with NHL unless someone else develops a hockey game...this is after every one of us has had every nhl since 2008...and my best bud and I goin back to nhl 94...no more bait n switch for us.
  • Socair wrote: »
    All of that stuff can be adjusted via tuners, not patches.

    Can you source the people on reddit or here that are raving about these last few tuners? The game changer members do not count.

  • Socair
    2296 posts Game Changer
    ExSnake01 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    All of that stuff can be adjusted via tuners, not patches.

    Can you source the people on reddit or here that are raving about these last few tuners? The game changer members do not count.

    Not sure how I’m implied that by saying tuners are used to adjust gameplay things like skating and hitting.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Patch destroyed club. DREs are out in full force now. GG EA.
    BlahQz - Owner of WikkiD VI / D6 NatioN - Our EASHL games are available here on YouTube and Twitch!
  • Might as well just roll the patch back, nothing of value will be lost.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    Might as well just roll the patch back, nothing of value will be lost.

    But MASCOTS and JERSEYS man!!!! Can't live without that.
    BlahQz - Owner of WikkiD VI / D6 NatioN - Our EASHL games are available here on YouTube and Twitch!
  • I just cannot wrap my head around how EA is conducting business. Maybe I'm just too used to agile development as well as being held accountable for the software products we put out to our customers, but the managing of this game and everything surroundings these bugs is absolutely shameful.

    How do you continue to patch a broken build that's currently out in the field when knowing good and well that you still can't find a fix for the current build's gamebreaking bugs, but go ahead and introduce a patch anyway?? I know for a fact they build their patchwork based on the current build. They must have had to create a branch from that current build and started slowly feeding in their patches/changes into the code and at the SAME TIME, test that code to see if anything breaks in the interim. If you're NOT testing your code and simply merge the builds, release, and your customers start having bug issues again then retract the patch!

    What is going on at EA??
  • They are too busy listening to all the feedback to fix the game. Didn't you see the 3's everyone asked for?👍
  • Slap in the face? More like a double middle finger right to my grill.
  • Once their gambling ring is finally made illegal in the states. They won't have a money cow anymore. Which means they'll focus on what actually matters. A good hockey game.

    Oh wait... They'll probably find another loop hole in the system to screw their customers over.
  • More like a slap shot to the face Am I right? Lol
  • monz
    872 posts Member
    The only thing in this patch thats worthwhile is adding handedness search in the hut AH. Ive been wanting this since huts inception, so major props on that ea.
  • The skill in the skill gap is who can exploit the errors in the game more.
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    I just cannot wrap my head around how EA is conducting business. Maybe I'm just too used to agile development as well as being held accountable for the software products we put out to our customers, but the managing of this game and everything surroundings these bugs is absolutely shameful.

    How do you continue to patch a broken build that's currently out in the field when knowing good and well that you still can't find a fix for the current build's gamebreaking bugs, but go ahead and introduce a patch anyway?? I know for a fact they build their patchwork based on the current build. They must have had to create a branch from that current build and started slowly feeding in their patches/changes into the code and at the SAME TIME, test that code to see if anything breaks in the interim. If you're NOT testing your code and simply merge the builds, release, and your customers start having bug issues again then retract the patch!

    What is going on at EA??

    Awesome post! I assume you are a dev to? All the cool stats I want displayed, I can write the code for and would be happy to hand this over to EA with a smile, pls EA - let us help you!!!! :)
    PS4 Pro : NHL19 : Franchise Mode
  • Yep we waited a month for a patch that did absolutely nothing.
  • TheMajjam
    572 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    setaylor1 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    I just cannot wrap my head around how EA is conducting business. Maybe I'm just too used to agile development as well as being held accountable for the software products we put out to our customers, but the managing of this game and everything surroundings these bugs is absolutely shameful.

    How do you continue to patch a broken build that's currently out in the field when knowing good and well that you still can't find a fix for the current build's gamebreaking bugs, but go ahead and introduce a patch anyway?? I know for a fact they build their patchwork based on the current build. They must have had to create a branch from that current build and started slowly feeding in their patches/changes into the code and at the SAME TIME, test that code to see if anything breaks in the interim. If you're NOT testing your code and simply merge the builds, release, and your customers start having bug issues again then retract the patch!

    What is going on at EA??

    Awesome post! I assume you are a dev to? All the cool stats I want displayed, I can write the code for and would be happy to hand this over to EA with a smile, pls EA - let us help you!!!! :)

    Haha. Yes, I am! I wasn't expecting anyone to really get what I was ranting about but I obviously couldn't be the only SE around these forums. You know, working in the video game sector has always been a dream of mine and I suspect it's the same for most SE's but I'm glad I'm not. Especially after knowing how business is conducted elsewhere and companies are actually held accountable for the code they put out.

    The game is broken for people after paying $60-$100 and I haven't seen a shred of accountability since release. People say that EA NHL is a small studio without many devs, but they are literally putting out patches for other things rather than say, "We're going to hold off on miscellaneous patches and pool all our resources into fixing the issues that make the game unplayable."

    It's insane.
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    setaylor1 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    I just cannot wrap my head around how EA is conducting business. Maybe I'm just too used to agile development as well as being held accountable for the software products we put out to our customers, but the managing of this game and everything surroundings these bugs is absolutely shameful.

    How do you continue to patch a broken build that's currently out in the field when knowing good and well that you still can't find a fix for the current build's gamebreaking bugs, but go ahead and introduce a patch anyway?? I know for a fact they build their patchwork based on the current build. They must have had to create a branch from that current build and started slowly feeding in their patches/changes into the code and at the SAME TIME, test that code to see if anything breaks in the interim. If you're NOT testing your code and simply merge the builds, release, and your customers start having bug issues again then retract the patch!

    What is going on at EA??

    Awesome post! I assume you are a dev to? All the cool stats I want displayed, I can write the code for and would be happy to hand this over to EA with a smile, pls EA - let us help you!!!! :)

    Haha. Yes, I am! I wasn't expecting anyone to really get what I was ranting about but I obviously couldn't be the only SE around these forums. You know, working in the video game sector has always been a dream of mine and I suspect it's the same for most SE's but I'm glad I'm not. Especially after knowing how business is conducted elsewhere and companies are actually held accountable for the code they put out.

    The game is broken for people after paying $60-$100 and I haven't seen a shred of accountability since release. People say that EA NHL is a small studio without many devs, but they are literally putting out patches for other things rather than say, "We're going to hold off on miscellaneous patches and pool all our resources into fixing the issues that make the game unplayable."

    It's insane.

    I've been playing ea hockey since it started and coming here since it's been online. They'll NEVER admit wrong or take accountability. There should be laws in place to protect consumers from faulty software just like there are for any other product. They should be accountable to fix it or give refunds. They should also be held accountable for the false advertising of the 200 legends in offline modes.
  • Agreed on the false advertising. The cover of the game is littered with it! Shifty EA , Real Shifty!
  • No kidding this latest patch is a slap in the face. I was expecting some tweeks in gameplay tuning to somewhat meet us halfway between 1.0 and 1.03.

    Disgusted.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!