EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Latest Update: WoC Drop-in Matchmaking and Dressing Room Errors

Replies

• I want someone to read this but I WANT EASHL Practice!! This will provide a good way to practice with your club.
  • How is it we're still getting these dressing room errors, it's literally been 2 months since the game dropped. I feel super ripped off, I've been supporting the franchise years.. But here I am, $100 bucks in the whole, in a club that seems to get games fine but I always get kicked out, maybe get to play 1 out of every 5 games (if that). PLEASE fix your game!

• Dressing Room errors:
    We have identified the root cause of the error and it was specific to PS4. We are in the midst of testing a work around fix to deploy to the server in hope that the issues are resolved until a proper client fix can be made in an upcoming patch.

yeaaaaaaaaah ooooooooook. :'(
  • Still getting constantly errors..

• PS – Since these changes have been made, our matchmaking success rates have increased significantly, so at least you can enjoy drop-in games once again while we work on the full solution fix

Actually we can't enjoy it, still getting DRE's at an alarming rate, search freeze numerous times a night and the fact that you took out the lobby makes it even less enjoyable compounded with the problems previously mentioned.
  • zingaa1 wrote: »

PS – Since these changes have been made, our matchmaking success rates have increased significantly, so at least you can enjoy drop-in games once again while we work on the full solution fix

Actually we can't enjoy it, still getting DRE's at an alarming rate, search freeze numerous times a night and the fact that you took out the lobby makes it even less enjoyable compounded with the problems previously mentioned.

The problems getting into the games (drop ins and club) are as bad as the day beta released. Actually they would be MUCH MUCH worse if it wasn't for the fact that a majority of the people that had the most problems just gave up on this game ever actually working.

This is probably the worst online video game i've ever played as far as this one area is concerned. I've seen a few massive online games that had worse problems on launch. Almost always resolved within days if not weeks.

This is just like the captain lag issue from a couple of years ago. I don't think that was solved until the game was basically dead.

PS – Since these changes have been made, our matchmaking success rates have increased significantly, so at least you can enjoy drop-in games once again while we work on the full solution fix

Agreed. Played a dropin last night, 6 v 6. When the game started, 3 on our team didn't make it into the game and 5 didn't make it on the other team. 8 dropped out of 12. Not bad...

Agreed. Played a dropin last night, 6 v 6. When the game started, 3 on our team didn't make it into the game and 5 didn't make it on the other team. 8 dropped out of 12. Not bad...

Moving on up! I have you best though. Had a 6v6 game come up as insufficient amount of people to play. So by my guess at least 90% were booted that game haha
  • Pini1123
    53 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Guys? What is going on? @EA_Roger

[Socair - edited to remove mass tagging; please avoid tagging multiple accounts]
  • Socair
    1927 posts Game Changer
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Try harder... These problems have ruined this game the past 3 years
  • This is unfortunate. There was so much promise in the success of matchmaking and general network performance during the beta.

I hope things get resolved soon - especially before the christmas rush of users. If the network problems persist in to the new year, sales for NHL 20 could show the damage this all caused.
  • This is unfortunate. There was so much promise in the success of matchmaking and general network performance during the beta.

I hope things get resolved soon - especially before the christmas rush of users. If the network problems persist in to the new year, sales for NHL 20 could show the damage this all caused.

I don't think it will. I have tried to give this game so many chances. Gameplay issues are subjective, but bugs aren't. DRE, matchmaking, and cancel bug issues are unforgivable. It inspires no confidence when a tweet is sent out every 30+ days saying they can't resolve the issues, then a patch comes out and nothing of value is in it.

Damage is already done, 18 release 19 release both had major EASHL issues, the player base is dwindling down like crazy
  • Why don't they just divert their attention to making a different matchmaking system? You'd think they'd be able to create a lobby/room system in less time?
  • Why don't they just divert their attention to making a different matchmaking system? You'd think they'd be able to create a lobby/room system in less time?

From my understanding, this is an entirely new matchmaking system and you are seeing, in real time, what the effects of developing something 'new' can do and the struggles involved.

From my understanding, this is an entirely new matchmaking system and you are seeing, in real time, what the effects of developing something 'new' can do and the struggles involved.

yes for no good reason whatsoever they have no completely redone the matchmaking system a few times in a short amount of time when the old "system" was fine just needed some tweaks. The added functionality tweaks that the old system needed the new system delivers about 10% of.

Not to mention the look of the new system is down right atrocious
  • Agree. You should try to strive for par or do better. For all of 18's faults the UI was pretty snappy and matchmaking worked. A year later you change the UI to be more clunky, add more clicks to where you want to go, and totally destroy functionality that helped the social aspects of the game.

How do you approve a one minute wait in the post game menu in order to meet the group you previously played with in the lobby? It totally blew my mind when that went away because playing with and sticking in lobbies with peeps you clicked with was how I met people in the game.
  • This is downright atrocious. I'm really just floored by the ineptitude displayed regarding this issue.
  • Yup. This is the worst gaming company there is. Just horrible.