EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

This game is absolute trash

I shattered my controller tonight. This franchise is forever in the dumps. Uninstalled and never to be played again. Im so fed up with playing against absolute clowns that EA caters this game to.

Replies

• Lol I came close to this a few times. Seeing the same old glitch goals return and constant puck ragging almost makes me pull my hair out. Simply too toxic of a game to play online anymore, which is a shame.

Tried getting into 3s and eashl 3v3, I got failed to find opponent every time. Unreal considering it use to take 12-15 seconds to get into a game before.

My only online game today turned in to a ragging fest until the guy I was playing started putting the puck in his own net and making me watch 23 goal replays. The game took like 25 mins or more.
  • ExSnake01
    454 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Apparently they can't fix the drop in errors that's been happening for months now. A lot of the problems that were in 18 are now back in 19. They tune the game where it plays similar to 18... Are they trying to find ways to decrease sales?
  • ExSnake01 wrote: »
    Apparently they can't fix the drop in errors that's been happening for months now. A lot of the problems that were in 18 are now back in 19. They tune the game where it plays similar to 18... Are they trying to find ways to decrease sales?

Well if they are trying to find ways to decrease sales, at least they're succeeding at something
  • I thought the competitive games were constantly worked on and consistent quality control. So how is it that a short side goal has lasted this long? Short side goals should be in the game, let’s get it tuned down, make the goalie better. While you’re at it give it a rest with the trips and stick lifts. Every Online vs game is a tripping/penalty/short side fest.
  • ExSnake01 wrote: »

They I assume do this so they can later somehow add onto it later down the road and consider it new... For example 'skill stick' we used to have something similar back in the PS3 days where our defender would bend over and swing his stick around... I'm sure you've seen the hundreds of GIF's of it cause people would always do it after whistles... Well it one day vanished and now they kinda bettered it but it results in massive tripping penalties

• Never understood why players destroy equipment over a game. The controllers about as much as the game, now you're doubling down.
  • zingaa1 wrote: »
    Never understood why players destroy equipment over a game. The controllers about as much as the game, now you're doubling down.

Says more about the person than the game.
  • If you're breaking your own stuff over a video game it's time to go outside
  • TheMajjam
    471 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Not that I condone breaking a controller, but I can sympathize with his anger. Imagine paying $100 for the game, now imagine you bought this game to play online. Now imagine a bit more that the matchmaking system is broken. Dig deeper and try to Invision that the unhappy population is dwindling so that if you do find a game, it takes forever with the possibility of getting errors if the search runs too long. Now imagine even way more that since it's a new year you expect things to change but in reality it has evolved to deevolve into the same game you had last year worthy of a $15-20 upgrade.
  • You don't have to imagine any of that
  • First and foremost I am 100% Franchise(offline) player. EASHL is a great thought but if you like your hockey with 10 dekes an a highlight real goal at the end then have at it. TOO unreal for me. Very Mutant League Hockey(LOL).
  • The AI needs a big improvement in my opinion. No anticipation or instincts to be had. Overalls mean nothing to AI. They’re bad regardless. Movements away from the puck are broken. No defensive coverage or proper defensive rotation in the defensive zone. Freeze after shots from the opposing team allowing the other team to get loose pucks more often after shots. Freeze after passes that are not theirs. Fully ignoring pucks in their vacinity. Don’t grab loose pucks. What is offensive and defensive awareness? In the defensive zone they stand around wondering what to do or they’re chasing the puck or go offside on the rush or not picking up loose pucks for rebounds in offensive zone. They just don’t go for pucks. Off the faceoffs their movements are clunky and broken. Don’t spin off players or cut to open ice to create passing lanes. They are behind the play most of the time. Chasing the game 2-3 seconds behind.

Change player is broken. Doesn’t change to closest player to puck half the time. So in situation where you want to control a curtain player because you know the bot won’t do anything to get the puck you want to change to that player but EA won’t let you and it becomes scambly and every time you switch player it freezes the AI in motion for 1-2 seconds making the defensive very scambly and bad.

There are lots of positives about this game. Human control is pretty good. 5v5 with all humans makes for a decent game. AI are broken though.
  • Dmac8888
    39 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    EA needs to make the animations more dynamic and allow for animations to intertwine. For instances goalies. Don’t react to tips. They freeze in their first animation. A good goalie. Maybe 90s should react to the tipped puck almost like a double animation. Better dynamics would improve this game a lot
  • Yup absolutely trash! I just lost my 9th straight game in a row. A game which I was winning. It was a tie game with about 10 seconds left. I scored. Other paused it and I lost connection to EA servers.

Absolutely garbage!!!!!!
  • EA is definitely out to get me i think. My bots seem to play a lot worse than other teams bots
  • Dmac8888 wrote: »
    EA is definitely out to get me i think. My bots seem to play a lot worse than other teams bots

Skill gap. Get gud bro. Lol jk. Just being sarcastic before someone seriously says that to you
  • Dmac8888
    39 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Damn skill gap crap lol

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Kmahrle83
    259 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Dmac8888 wrote: »
    Damn skill gap crap lol

Yeah I don't understand why a. I. Is pretty much useless. On a side note, is your name dmac because of Darren McCarty?

[Socair - edited quote]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Duncan McIntyre 88 😉
  • Dmac8888 wrote: »
    Duncan McIntyre 88 😉

Ahh gotcha