EA Forums - Banner

Don't want to play CHEL

1235Next

Replies

• SahioX wrote: »
    Why? Because someone wore a gold helmet or maybe wore a Christmas hat? God forbid if they taped their stick a different color...it just seems anytime someone even attempts to find a middle ground in this debate, it's referred to as dumb or stupid without any input from the other side. I am actually ok with how it was in the beta, yet for whatever reason, I'm trying to find a way that could work for everyone. A way in which the community doesn't have to be split.

I'm to the point where I'm done trying to reason and say sorry, if you don't like it, don't play it. There just really is no reasoning with you guys. All I know is I just picked up my game and I will be enjoying the modes you all despise for the remainder of my weekend. Good luck to all.

The solution is simple : make it CLIENT SIDE only.

Allow the user to choose how the players are represented on the ice, rather than being forced.

That way, I can choose to have the hoodies or the gear. Solved.

You make this sound so easy. Are their games that have taken this route? It just seems like a lot of coding to make this work. Plus, I believe client side will only create more issues with online play already being as problematic as it is.

As any game taken this route?

There’s a lot of things that are client side vs server side. When I first played rainbow 6 siege smoke grenades rendered client side.

Even just within EASHL. You ever score a goal and the camera shows a crowd member holding up a sign. That might be client side as other people in my club are seeing something different

I mean with the the actually players or users in a game. A smoke grenade is one thing, same as a cut scene. But have you ever gone into any multiplayer game where you had the ability to set other players skins to a default? That seems weird to me.

The closest thing I can think of are the America's Army games where your team was always rendered as US troops and the other was always rendered as terrorists.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    "There was literally nothing to keep me playing. Now I get to rank up, change my attire, and collect *. "
    C'mon bro.

I can see you're triggered.

I figured it was automatically implied that I enjoy the game or else I wouldnt play it. But yes, there was literally no reward for playing dropin and dealing with trolls/straight amateurs.
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    edited September 2018
    Follisimo wrote: »
    No media or mention of that in the demo or from their press. Feel pretty deceived.

It was stated well before the game came out. During the beta days it was stated what would be indoor and what would be outdoor. Just look better

Right cause why would you ever think that a fundamental change to a core feature of the game should be included int he general advertising campaign when you have fan boys to explain to others that it was disclosed in some dark corner of the interwebs.
    It was all over this forum, social media and wherever else news for 19 was posted. Not hidden at all.
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Guys, there has been lots of great feedback in this thread. Let’s keep it that way or end the discussion. Calling others out on a personal level won’t change anything and lead to the thread being closed for derailment.
  • CMBDeadly
    177 posts Member
    edited September 2018

Youre missing the big picture.

If EA put more resources into Drop in, like jumping back into games, kicking idle players, removing trolls when they act up. Made a better game that actually was worth playing that drop in number would be sky high.

The issue isn't the aesthetics, and it's disengenious to tell the people upset that it's the presentation that was lacking it was the game that was lacking.

• Socair wrote: »
    No media or mention of that in the demo or from their press. Feel pretty deceived.

It was stated well before the game came out. During the beta days it was stated what would be indoor and what would be outdoor. Just look better

Right cause why would you ever think that a fundamental change to a core feature of the game should be included int he general advertising campaign when you have fan boys to explain to others that it was disclosed in some dark corner of the interwebs.
    It was all over this forum, social media and wherever else for 19 was posted. Not hidden at all.

But not included in the general advertising campaign which is strange when you fundamentally change a core feature of your product.

• Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Socair wrote: »

It was all over this forum, social media and wherever else for 19 was posted. Not hidden at all.

But not included in the general advertising campaign which is strange when you fundamentally change a core feature of your product.
    Not sure what advertising campaign you saw, but if you followed it on social media, every new feature was brought up and the changes to customization within the World of Chel mode were one of the first things advertised.
    https://www.easports.com/nhl/news
    Scroll down to see the earliest news.
  • VIDSICIOUS
    118 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I mean with the the actually players or users in a game. A smoke grenade is one thing, same as a cut scene. But have you ever gone into any multiplayer game where you had the ability to set other players skins to a default? That seems weird to me.[/quote]
    @HockeyCityUSA
    Player customization is also a hot topic in BFV. I believe that they have an option to turn off player created content so that you only see a generic soldier. Once again it was hard to tell one team from the other. Wish we could do this in NHL.

• VIDSICIOUS wrote: »
    I mean with the the actually players or users in a game. A smoke grenade is one thing, same as a cut scene. But have you ever gone into any multiplayer game where you had the ability to set other players skins to a default? That seems weird to me.
    @HockeyCityUSA
    Player customization is also a hot topic in BFV. I believe that they have an option to turn off player created content so that you only see a generic soldier. Once again it was hard to tell one team from the other. Wish we could do this in NHL.

[/quote]

Funny that the game you mentioned is also made by EA :# .

I'm sure EA will make a change to make everyone happy. Hopefully it will be in a patch rather than another year.
  • Canuck250 wrote: »
    Most hockey players get to where they are because of pond hockey. It holds a special place in our hearts to get out for some shinny hockey. However ea does things for $$ and not for gamers.

(Edited for profanity)

Well, yeah. It's not like they're a non-profit company. They also haven't changed anything when it comes to microtransactions. They could have easily charged for the customization options like many other games do.
  • SahioX wrote: »

Pond is a location.
    Drop-In is a type of game.

Your drop in picture looks way more like a team practice. You dont have 3+ team colors in Drop-In, you have two: light and dark. And players can and do wear whatever they want as long as it's in those two categories.

And you should count your blessings, because in real life drop-in, there are always people who wear gray, teal, and other "in-between" colors. At least EA restricted the tops.

It is most likely a practice, I agree. And no, players can't and don't wear whatever they want.

I've been organizing hockey for the last decade or so and I had thousand of pick up games. Never I have seen a player come in and wanting to play with a hoodie... save at the park with 16 kids on the rink at the same time, and maybe even 2-3 pucks (and no goalie).

EA's Pond is not a real pond, and thus, doesn't trigger the nostalgia they were aiming for...
    The Drop Ins don't need to be a gimmick shtick to get players interested, it needs to add competition, and that comes from respect showed toward it.

EA indeed killed a whole mode for advertising money.
    SahioX wrote: »

Pond is a location.
    Drop-In is a type of game.

Your drop in picture looks way more like a team practice. You dont have 3+ team colors in Drop-In, you have two: light and dark. And players can and do wear whatever they want as long as it's in those two categories.

And you should count your blessings, because in real life drop-in, there are always people who wear gray, teal, and other "in-between" colors. At least EA restricted the tops.

It is most likely a practice, I agree. And no, players can't and don't wear whatever they want.

I've been organizing hockey for the last decade or so and I had thousand of pick up games. Never I have seen a player come in and wanting to play with a hoodie... save at the park with 16 kids on the rink at the same time, and maybe even 2-3 pucks (and no goalie).

EA's Pond is not a real pond, and thus, doesn't trigger the nostalgia they were aiming for...
    The Drop Ins don't need to be a gimmick shtick to get players interested, it needs to add competition, and that comes from respect showed toward it.

EA indeed killed a whole mode for advertising money.

Or maybe they're just trying something different? People have been asking for something new for years. There's always complaints that EASHL doesn't change or there aren't enough customization options, outdoor arenas, etc. Now they do it and you say it's only for advertising money? They don't even have ads on the boards in drop-ins. Can't anything be done because it seems like a fresh, new idea? Yeah, they definitely hope that it helps draw in more players and the game sells better. That's kind of the point of selling a product. To make a product people want to buy. The hardcore hockey crowd makes up a lot smaller portion of the playerbase than the casual guys so there needs to be something to bring in those players.
  • Blame rocket league!
  • EA_Cian
    253 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Folks, let's remember that the forums aren't the place to be discussing politics - left leaning or right leaning. I've seen some comments in the thread about 'leftist' agendas, etc. and that's not appropriate discussion.
  • GetNHLGreatAgain
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Yup , it's bad. Tired of the outdoor rink and nutty clothing. We cannot even PICK TEAMS in Drop In's anymore. So all of us have to find a club to even play REGULAR indoor not pond hockey?. Pretty lame.

[edited for profanity]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • NHL 19 Is the worst version I have ever played, on drop in's what I play all the time you can't poke check automatic tripping no play by play,
    I will never buy this again, stinks , hate it
  • oh and btw they should have called it adidas 19