EA Forums - Banner

In Case You All Forgot

Replies

• I have no problem with EA just starting from scratch ...instead of trying to go backwards from here...which could possibly cause more problems.
    Now that most of us had a few months to adapt to the new game...there will probably be less knee jerk reactions...and the feedback will be more relevant.
  • 3s need to be tweaked just like 6s. There should be no difference between the two when it comes to gameplay. I like 3s. Only mode besides Club where you can get a full game. :smile:
  • In case you forgot, the beta was the only reason many of us bought the game this year. I remember the flaws and I’ll take those flaws over the train wreck the game is now. At least it promoted gameplay that actually resembled hockey.

^this...110% this, the beta was why 75% of the community that bought NHL 19 did...it was fresh, it was different, it was promising.
  • WFWR26 wrote: »
    In case you forgot, the beta was the only reason many of us bought the game this year. I remember the flaws and I’ll take those flaws over the train wreck the game is now. At least it promoted gameplay that actually resembled hockey.

^this...110% this, the beta was why 75% of the community that bought NHL 19 did...it was fresh, it was different, it was promising.

I was always going to buy the game, but was going to wait till this time of the year when it’s cheaper. Playing the beta got me to pre order the game.
  • Reverting the game back to beta stages means bad defenders getting rewarded again.

When you dingle dangle, you won't beat them, they will throw a last ditch stick lift or hit when beat and ruin your chance of going 1 on 1 with Goalie.

Im with you. Something needed to be done. I just don't think this will be the answer and given time... Will not be looked fondly upon since improvements have been made in the area since then.

Just my opinion for what it's worth

You are not totally wrong, but puck ragging is not the answer either.

Poke checking and DSS are still penalty magnets for inexperienced or players with little patience. Normally I would be fine with this but with the nerf on physical contact, poke checks and DSS are not fine.

This game was tuned to favor forwards as much as possible, plain and simple. I think we can all agree hockey isn't just about scoring goals. This game has become boring and stale if it isn't played as a forward and this will not help expand the sales over the next few years.
  • Ya...the nudges from the beta ...may not be realistic in a real life sense..but it works for this video game sense ...to force more realistic hockey ...in a overall sense .I’d take that any day ..over the pull the stick back ...slithering snake in the corner style it’s at now.
  • Everyone complained about how everyone was skating fast like Mcdavid so they slowed that down. Now everyone skates like Chara and bounces off him anytime you go for a hit.

What a great improvement from beta. /s
  • Long live the Beta!!!! The rebellion has been heard!!!
  • I find it somewhat funny that some are crying that bad D will get rewarded again when in fact bad forwards are getting rewarded as it is. If you think you are that good, you will find ways to score. Bad forwards should not be rewarded and instead they should learn to become good attackers.
  • I find it somewhat funny that some are crying that bad D will get rewarded again when in fact bad forwards are getting rewarded as it is. If you think you are that good, you will find ways to score. Bad forwards should not be rewarded and instead they should learn to become good attackers.

It's not an either/or, that's the problem with people wanting the beta. They could easily increase hitting effectiveness & goalie reaction to SS and it's a good game.

Its ironic that you use the term "crying", go read any 30 threads from the past 2 months and see who was crying. We got a "give me beta or I'm out" thread every day.
  • jiajji wrote: »
    I find it somewhat funny that some are crying that bad D will get rewarded again when in fact bad forwards are getting rewarded as it is. If you think you are that good, you will find ways to score. Bad forwards should not be rewarded and instead they should learn to become good attackers.

It's not an either/or, that's the problem with people wanting the beta. They could easily increase hitting effectiveness & goalie reaction to SS and it's a good game.

Its ironic that you use the term "crying", go read any 30 threads from the past 2 months and see who was crying. We got a "give me beta or I'm out" thread every day.

This game has catered to trash forwards for as long as I can remember. It's over son. People are tired of that junk. Go play offline, ones or three's if you want to dangle for days. EASHL is a team game.
    I find it somewhat funny that some are crying that bad D will get rewarded again when in fact bad forwards are getting rewarded as it is. If you think you are that good, you will find ways to score. Bad forwards should not be rewarded and instead they should learn to become good attackers.

This game has catered to trash forwards for as long as I can remember. It's over son. People are tired of that junk. Go play offline, ones or three's if you want to dangle for days. EASHL is a team game.

I play d exclusively in eashl, its funny how you all assume I'm a dangling machine just because I don't want to see bad defense rewarded
  • @jiajji

Lol. They accused the same thing of me and I play D in Division 1 club on eashl.

I go up against some of the most hardcore competitive forwards on a daily basis, and I still don't want to see bad D rewarded.

I don't know what all these other people are doing where apparently people are dangling and spinning in corners all over them.

I agree that minor changes that lead to a compromise in gameplay would be the answer but people were ignored for a very long time when asking for that solution. After getting nothing for so long that's when people just simplified their arguments to "beta better".

I also agree that what we should all want is a balanced game for offense vs defense. We dont have it right now. People have been requesting it for some time now and EA didn't listen and/or ignored the specific suggestions. It's still going to be our final destination but for some reason EA wants to take the scenic route to get there.
  • @jiajji

Lol. They accused the same thing of me and I play D in Division 1 club on eashl.

I go up against some of the most hardcore competitive forwards on a daily basis, and I still don't want to see bad D rewarded.

I don't know what all these other people are doing where apparently people are dangling and spinning in corners all over them.

Dude, with all due respect I don't care which position you play or how good you are. All that matters to me is my opinion of the game which I paid for with my own money. As it is, this series constantly caters to forwards and I am tired of it. All I want is a nicely balanced game where every position is fun to play provided you put some time and effort into those positions to properly learn them. The game simply isn't fun anymore for at least 50% of the playable positions on the ice. Trolls were so rare 2 months ago. Now I see them regularly. These are frustrated players other than the obvious 3 trolls we have seen for years on Playstation.

Danglers can avoid hits, do almost any dangle (yes even through players), and snipe. Snipers can't dangle. Enforcers excel only at fighting. Defensive D is clunky, offensive and puckmoving D are puny and easy to smack around. All they excel at is moving quickly. Goalies move like sumo wrestlers with the skating ability of 8 year olds.

The game is a mess and not that enjoyable anymore. Period.

All I defend is:

Waiting for twirlers to be done in the corner (while I watch at least 1 noob chase him everywhere like a headless chicken)

Cover short side snipes while also trying to cover cross crease passes.

Cover wrap-arounds, especially on the back hand.

Hit players going for high slot snipes.

When it comes to club games the game is a bit more enjoyable, but not by much. Team chemistry and team play can only make up for so much. The game play is getting very stale and the tunings are lack luster. Tired of it.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    jrago73 wrote: »
    jiajji wrote: »

I agree that minor changes that lead to a compromise in gameplay would be the answer but people were ignored for a very long time when asking for that solution. After getting nothing for so long that's when people just simplified their arguments to "beta better".

I also agree that what we should all want is a balanced game for offense vs defense. We dont have it right now. People have been requesting it for some time now and EA didn't listen and/or ignored the specific suggestions. It's still going to be our final destination but for some reason EA wants to take the scenic route to get there.

Not only that. Agility and responsiveness of our players went down. Beta was crisp and snappy movement. Rarely did we miss nicely lined body checks. Now it happens too many times where my player initiates a check, it gets ignored, and my player is caught in a hitting animation that takes him 15 feet away from the play. It takes longer to recover from throwing a hit. Imagine that, recovery time for trying to throw a hit. Laughable and sad at the same time. All the same junk that was there in 16, 17 and 18, but wasn't there in the beta. Now it's back and I don't like it.
  • @jiajji

Dude, with all due respect I don't care which position you play or how good you are. All that matters to me is my opinion of the game which I paid for with my own money. As it is, this series constantly caters to forwards and I am tired of it. All I want is a nicely balanced game where every position is fun to play provided you put some time and effort into those positions to properly learn them. The game simply isn't fun anymore for at least 50% of the playable positions on the ice. Trolls were so rare 2 months ago. Now I see them regularly. These are frustrated players other than the obvious 3 trolls we have seen for years on Playstation.

Danglers can avoid hits, do almost any dangle (yes even through players), and snipe. Snipers can't dangle. Enforcers excel only at fighting. Defensive D is clunky, offensive and puckmoving D are puny and easy to smack around. All they excel at is moving quickly. Goalies move like sumo wrestlers with the skating ability of 8 year olds.

All I defend is:

Waiting for twirlers to be done in the corner (while I watch at least 1 noob chase him everywhere like a headless chicken)

When it comes to club games the game is a bit more enjoyable, but not by much. Team chemistry and team play can only make up for so much. The game play is getting very stale and the tunings are lack luster. Tired of it.

I'll tell my club you said we can't play d and we're not having fun.

They might even agree with you sometimes.

Amen to that
  • @jiajji

All I defend is:

The best part is, if you tell these guys your resume and your experience, they’ll criticize you for “bragging” and dismiss your opinion because “you think you’re better than everyone” lol.

The hockey I saw in the beta was a more team-based experience. I think that’s the best way to describe it. I won’t say “realistic” because of how effective the LT skating was (which I loved, amazing way to incorporate a skill-gap). Does that mean 1.03 isn’t a team-based game? Of course not. Team-defense is more important in 1.03 than beta but for the first time ever in this series, the beta made team-offense more of the meta due to how effective hitting was.

I agree, hitting from behind when it didn’t make sense needed a tiny adjustment, and yes sticklifts needed a little bit of a tweak as well, but I liked how hard it was to generate individual offense. You had to take perimeter shots, take quick one-timers off drop-passes and other quick-developing plays to create chaos. You needed this chaos to open the defense and establish a cycle. For the first time ever, you needed to THINK and really put in some hard work to generate offense. That was the refreshing part, and in no way, shape, or form does wanting that experience or close to it make you a “bad” player.

As others have said, “bad” forwards have always had an easier time in this series. Playing defense has always been a more rewarding experience for me as it takes a lot of play recognition, patience, and skill to overcome the tool limitations we’ve always dealt with. I’m not sure an untouched beta is the answer, but it was certainly a lot closer to that perfectly balanced representation of hockey that I want out of a video game than 1.03 gave us. Fast decisions were required, body contact was for once encouraged instead of nerfed, and defensemen that played poor gaps and sat in the middle all day rather than forcing plays and having tight gaps found themselves in bad spots a lot of the time.

Now we’re back to a dead EASHL with no elite teams playing the game outside of LG league games. I think the lack of positive feedback since all of the tuning and the dead-again community speak for themselves, but I’ll just join the ranks of my fellow “bad” players who dare to think that team-based offensive experiences is a more fun meta than passive defenders with no physical play waiting in the middle for a horrible forward to come make a terrible deke, lose the puck 6 times before it finally gets picked up with a one-handed reach back animation (through three defenders I might add) which eventually slides the puck through the goalie’s pad due to the wonkiness of the puck pickup and lack of defenselive tools to counter this scenario.
  • I find it ironic that going back to the beta tuner will bring back bad “defenders” but as it currently stands, this game rewards terrible, selfish offense.