EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st


Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Gift of giving ...

Prev1
So where is the answer to the question of when will we be getting our rewards ??

Will everyone receive an 86 Hoffman as the Christmas challenges were supposed to be daily , but clearly weren't updated daily, and the last day you couldn't do the challenge at all ...

Replies

  • Socair
    1762 posts Game Changer
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Dixonyu
    649 posts Member
    edited January 3
    Thank you

    But don't you think the news section of your website or here on the forums is more accessible, not everyone is into social media ...
  • And who's this flop fish guy and why should we care what he says to say ... Is he part of your dev team ?
  • Dixonyu wrote: »
    And who's this flop fish guy and why should we care what he says to say ... Is he part of your dev team ?
    EAs NHL community manager.
    I think he knows some stuff.
  • tunsbe wrote: »
    Dixonyu wrote: »
    And who's this flop fish guy and why should we care what he says to say ... Is he part of your dev team ?
    EAs NHL community manager.
    I think he knows some stuff.

    Well this isn't public information, and why do we have to go to Twitter to get this information... And find out who your community manager is and how to contact him, seems a little bizzare ...

  • If you don't have Twitter , don't know the staffs information or who they even are ... I guess you should learn ...


    How many of you knew they were giving away hut cards all December, probably not many ...

    This is an announcement that should be made on your forums and in your news feed on your website, not exclusively for Twitter users and your followers, where in the forums or on your main page does it tell everyone about these give away ...

    They have been giving away whole totw lines, Evo cards , big advantages and not letting everyone in hut know... Twitter users and people who follow the right people have an unfair advantage in hut....

    Isn't there a hut news feed in game ?? Why isn't this there?!


    I feel pretty cheated, as a bunch of other people should too ... Way to respect your community ea and favor your friends , good job.
  • it's 2019 -- everything is on social media -- get used to using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for everything you're wanting to know. It's alot easier and to the companies to use these outlets... free, easy to manage, direct to customer.
  • I think you have an excellent point.

    I wonder if this is maybe a way to reward the people that follow EA on Twitter, and that's why they don't promote it anywhere else?

    I avoid HUT but if ever I would be a player of that mode, I would have liked to know they were giving away free cards.... Seems like their own forum is always the last place that gets info for some reason.
  • cowen604 wrote: »
    it's 2019 -- everything is on social media -- get used to using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for everything you're wanting to know. It's alot easier and to the companies to use these outlets... free, easy to manage, direct to customer.

    Seems like these forums fit your description pretty well.
  • cowen604
    98 posts Member
    edited January 3
    Yeah, this may be considered social media -- but forums is a pretty dead outlet to find good information. Usually you can post on twitter or facebook and have answers within minutes.
    This forum has 10-20 active members that I have seen on the NHL HUT 19 Page.
  • I pointed this out on the old forums , and ea still continues to favor their social media buddies ...
  • Post with the other millions and hope it gets read before it gets lost in millions of silly tweets ...

    This guy doesn't do Facebook, Twitter, Google plus, snapchat or whatever... These forums have been around a long time, are very well known, and your post can get bumped if you haven't been answered. Also imo , if you answer one post on twitter , it attaches only to that post, so ea can answer the same question once here or a hundred times on Twitter
  • Also , in the hut news feed, why hasn't it ever said follow us on Twitter for give aways ? Even in previous years ea could've said check out these streamers for a chance to win free packs , didn't even have the courtesy or respect to do that ... They really have screwed alot of players over and alot are oblivious to how much ea has helped others and hasn't even attempted to reach out to most of their community...
  • Socair wrote: »

    I guess they didn't have a plan. Just another vague answer from the so-called community manager.
  • I'm sure they said gifts are given on Jan. 7
  • Dixonyu wrote: »
    Post with the other millions and hope it gets read before it gets lost in millions of silly tweets ...

    This guy doesn't do Facebook, Twitter, Google plus, snapchat or whatever... These forums have been around a long time, are very well known, and your post can get bumped if you haven't been answered. Also imo , if you answer one post on twitter , it attaches only to that post, so ea can answer the same question once here or a hundred times on Twitter

    I get how Forums work, Im just saying - I see the same 10-20 guys who are nice enough to help out with others questions. While when on these Social Media Outlets, you usually get an answer very quickly, usually very accurate as well.
    The forums are nice to have, but... it's just not as user friendly/quick to get an answer.
  • Right .. but also they have their own live news feed in game ... That should be the number one place to get information, links to information and to the right people . Also let us know when contests are happening.
  • Remember you're talking about EA here... do you think they will take the time to update the news feed. I agree with you, it should be the place to look. They can't even let us know when the simplest of things will be released. EG; Gift of giving rewards. Not like it matters, every single person is going to receive the same gift or some variation of it...which in the short and long run....really not change a single thing :)
  • cowen604 wrote: »
    Remember you're talking about EA here... do you think they will take the time to update the news feed. I agree with you, it should be the place to look. They can't even let us know when the simplest of things will be released. EG; Gift of giving rewards. Not like it matters, every single person is going to receive the same gift or some variation of it...which in the short and long run....really not change a single thing :)

    The worst is not letting us know about twitter give aways, did you know they gave away whole totw's before , many evos, legends... Etc .
  • Dixonyu wrote: »
    cowen604 wrote: »
    Remember you're talking about EA here... do you think they will take the time to update the news feed. I agree with you, it should be the place to look. They can't even let us know when the simplest of things will be released. EG; Gift of giving rewards. Not like it matters, every single person is going to receive the same gift or some variation of it...which in the short and long run....really not change a single thing :)

    The worst is not letting us know about twitter give aways, did you know they gave away whole totw's before , many evos, legends... Etc .

    yep. i really feel like i'm getting screwed as a consumer because none of this is ever put on the websites. i check these 2 links every weekday and not one post about the #19DaysofHUTmas.

    #Sad.

    https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-19/news (no new post since Dec 13)

    https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-19/hockey-ultimate-team/news (really only ToW posts and not much else)

    i can understand the little EA presence on these boards (not really but i try) but to not update those links is a crime. at the very least they should be imbedding the tweets and links to other sources they provide information.

    EA's customer experience is on the level of Comcast. i've actually had better service from Comcast than i've ever had from EA.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!