EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 wishlist and suggestions

Replies

• Froommey
    800 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Gameplay is one thing and I agree with many online players that there is to do something for them. Personaly the Tuner 1.0 with reduced penalty slider isn’t a bad gameplay for me. If you are not close enough to NHL the small graphic and statistics things are maybe not important for these guys. They are happy with a good gameplay only. So would be great ( I don’t think they do ) to divide the game. By the way ... I play to 90% with players in my Team which have real player likenesses. I do not like generic faces. Many look ugly or like Brothers.
  • setaylor1
    53 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Froommey wrote: »
    Gameplay is one thing and I agree with many online players that there is to do something for them. Personaly the Tuner 1.0 with reduced penalty slider isn’t a bad gameplay for me. If you are not close enough to NHL the small graphic and statistics things are maybe not important for these guys. They are happy with a good gameplay only. So would be great ( I don’t think they do ) to divide the game. By the way ... I play to 90% with players in my Team which have real player likenesses. I do not like generic faces. Many look ugly or like Brothers.

Yeah, more stats! I wish they had a data-nut (like myself and I am sure many others that play this game) over there to enhance this part of the game.
    PS4 Pro : NHL19 : Franchise Mode
  • Lots of good suggestions here mentioned repeatedly: heritage teams, re-expansion of BAP, more creation zone options like a goalie mask creator (this we MUST have). I would also like to see more retro jersey options...should be easy enough to create every past version of team uniforms. Lastly, and I know this one is a biggie for the lawyers (but ESPN figured it out for their NHL series on PS2): teams should also be able to play in past/defunct uniforms based on LOCATION...not just franchise. For example, the Minnesota Wild should be able to don North Stars unis, Avs should have Rockies unis as an option, etc.
  • 1. Make uniforms for realistic, players look way to bulky and jerseys look to baggy
    2. For the love of god, please make overtime goals feel like overtime goals, add more intense celebrations for over time winners, playoff overtime winners, series winners and cup winners,
    3. Add a CHL s franchise mode, it could run similar to the NCAA franchise, you would have drafts, players age out, lose players to NHL teams. Would make for a fantastic game mode
    4. Make be a pro, like the nba 2k franchise and madden franchise. Total life story modes.
  • OwenSnipez900
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    One thing I've always wanted in the nhl game series is international play during your career.It would make more people probably wanna start in juniors so you can play for your home nation and lead it to gold and if your guys fail to make the playoffs you can always head to the world championships in may and also the olympics would be perfect because they only happen every 4 years so it would make people wanna continue their career longer. Another idea for me I would also like to add is where you can continue your saved career modes and stuff from nhl 19 to nhl 20 because it would be awesome to continue some careers with some randomly generated players that turn into studs. also please try to get the license for the KHL and the NCAA and the usndt so we can have players like jack hughes already generated and not have to be created. Also could we get each teams like personalized scoreboards what they use on tv and also their actual commentators because it's kind of boring hearing eddie olczyk and mike emrick or doc
    so it's time that we could get our commentators own and saturday nights for Canadian teams to have saturday night hockey
  • AEZ1 wrote: »
    Not thrilled with the layout/fonts this year. I found last year’s too small, but this is just too ‘slick,’ rather than informational. And that ‘shooting star’ gleam effect is super annoying.

Player Editing: We should be able to edit CPU-created players in Franchise Mode. Too often they have these goofy hairdos or are 19 and have grey hair (I know, Drew Miller, but percentages) and you can wind up with three draft prospects that look identical…but are from different countries? And sometimes the names don’t really match-up. I’d like to be able to edit everything, like you can with a user-created player. Also, more goalie mask options and/or the ability to apply team colors to the generic templates, like you can with pads et al.

The Stanley Cup celebration was awesomely overhauled for the last two versions, but the handoff is so random as to seem pointless (watching Claude Giroux snub Wayne Simmonds to hand the Cup to…Scott Laughton? Thrilling). How about a setting in Edit Lines where you can set the handoff order, like you can with Shootout, or even just an edit so that the C hands to the A, him to the other A, and then the starting G?

Something they scrapped that I desperately want back, Career totals. I love that they announce, in game, someone netting their 400th goal, but I’d love to be able to see a running total (like they used to have) so I can actually see I have a player at 399 goals and play that milestone game.

In the seasonal stats they show now as Career Stats, I’d like to see the team abbreviation next to the season like they have in Madden, and in real stats online.

Ability to edit lines on all teams. Owner Mode used to have this, so you could put 90-rated players on Superlines regardless of their default position, but it’s gone now and a 92 C can be stuck with an 84 RW for years simply because he’s the highest rated RW in the lineup (I know, just change their position, but then you have to wait to see if the Auto Line Change reassigns in the right order etc). All I want is total control, is that so much to ask?

Ability to decide awards. Too often, in Franchise mode, if you’re playing your best players to pad stats, you’ll win the Ross or Norris every year, even though another player would be the obvious choice (performing above and beyond with little or no help: Connor McDavid). It would be great to decide winners so that the highest scoring defenseman doesn’t win the Norris every year, or the Hart going hand in hand with the Art Ross more often than not.

Choose retirements/unretire. I play Franchise Mode with Auto Save off so I can decide injury length (I won’t accept anything longer than three weeks because that’s so awesome when it happens in real life) and also who I accept retiring. I’ve had the game try and retire 26 year old minor leaguers who had no injury history (something Madden actually takes into consideration), and I’ve had the game drop 38 year old veterans several overall rating points towards the end of the season, only to NOT retire them, when (in the storyline) it would have been ideal for them to hang them up. It would be great to be able to select players for retirement, or deselect them from the proposed list shown on View Retired Players.

It would also be fun to elect retiring players to the HHOF, and Retire Jersey numbers for your team with Franchise Mode. Pipe dreams, I know, but still…this is a wishlist. And while we’re at it, a banner raising ceremony at the start of the season following a Cup win?

Between plays, I’d like to see more of the arena/bench. Progress has been made, but wouldn’t it be great to see them coming out of the locker room, or down the hallway and take the ice?

And while it’s great that they finally tweaked the post-goal celebration, so that guys aren’t skating by with their arms out and getting snubbed, STOP with the goofy fans in the stands! Cutting away from someone scoring their 50th goal to show some painted up fan wearing a hard hat doing the pterodactyl? Enough.
    It would also be fun to lock a player, like in Be a Pro. I create myself in Franchise Mode, and it would be fun to play a game just as one player, but still have all the control of a GM/Coach after the game.

A lot of attention was spent on overhauling the draft/scouting process this year, but I still don’t get why we can’t just see players with the ratings you see when you go into Rosters or Edit Player. I’d like to look at the D and see 62, Medium Top 4, Two-Way D, not question marks or three guys Medium Top 4 and not be able to tell who has the edge other than their draft ranking projection.

Player progression can take forever, unless you give your highest potential players all the ice time in the world, but in doing so, you’d have to demote an 86 for a 78 Medium Elite when he’s yet to warrant it. Why not be able to Spend XP on individual player boosts like Madden? Up an aging veteran (the ones this game tends to drop down the rabbit hole based on their age rather than how well you have them playing in their sunset years) or fast track an Elite through the AHL.

Franchise (Owner) Mode used to have a screen that displayed team seasons, so you could see your history: 103 Points, Third Round; 98 Points, Lost Final; etc. I’d like to see that back.

And with all the things you can turn off at the start of Franchise Mode (Morale, CAP), why can’t we turn off that whole “You can’t have an 18 year old in the minors, he has to be sent back to the CHL” edit? I want to develop these kids firsthand, not have them ‘disappear’ to the CHL or Europe for another year or two until I’m allowed to have them.

And I’d love to be able to drop/add players mid-season. You used to be able to, like a decade ago before the CAP got programmed in, but it would be fun to look at your roster on July 1 and dump 11 players in favor of who’s available in FA, especially in Expansion Mode.

Lastly, a lot has been made of the seemingly ungrammatical in-game commentary programmed for Doc and Edzo. I get it, but Doc’s the GOAT, so I endure it. But what about the nonsensical League News message board? “If you guessed that Lundqvist got a shutout? Then you guessed it right!” Smh.

did this take you an hour?
  • I would like to see all retro uniforms each team has ever used, especially the "fisherman" Jersey worn by the Islanders.

An enhancement to the franchise mode, specifically in regards to the budget available to the GM. It would be great to be given a total dollar to use as opposed to an already determined budget amount for each category
  • Froommey
    800 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    jrams16 wrote: »
    I would like to see all retro uniforms each team has ever used, especially the "fisherman" Jersey worn by the Islanders.

An enhancement to the franchise mode, specifically in regards to the budget available to the GM. It would be great to be given a total dollar to use as opposed to an already determined budget amount for each category

I agree 100% and would like to see this too. What belongs to graphic details too are the many missing pkayer likenesses. Is it such problem, or so much work to add about 15-20 real faces at every Roster update ? Other Sport gamesdoing this.

Post edited by Froommey on
  • I would love to see the vintage minor league uniforms, some of the modern ones just do not catch my fancy.
  • I forgot one more thing.

First of all I want to thank EA for adding 5 man celes to the game but for NHL 20 can you have everybody celebrate during gameplay and not have to jump to a cutscene. I think it would be so much more realistic if that were to happen. Or maybe give us an option? Thanks

Can’t wait until NHL 20!

Back to NHL 19
  • Be a Pro needs some love and care:
    Be a Pro
    1. Implement ECHL as a minors minors.
    2. Implement SHL, Liiga, NLA, ELH, DEL, Allsvenskan and EBEL as leagues to start your career from
    3. Create animated NHL award ceremonies, which is shown if you are awarded a trophy
    4. Create animated number retirement ceremonies
    5. Create animated hall of fame induction ceremony, which is shown if you are inducted into HHOF
    6. Create animated draft where you get the jersey and cap on and get your player photo taken
    Franchise
    1. Implement ECHL as minors minors, where you can send players that are not good enough for AHL, but are not from CHL (Canada)
    2. Implement SHL, Liiga, NLA, ELH, DEL, Allsvenskan and EBEL as alternate leagues for growing your prospects in
    3. Create animated NHL award ceremonies, which is shown if you are awarded a trophy
    4. Crate animated hall of fame induction ceremony, which is shown if you are inducted into HHOF
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    518 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I would LOVE there to be a setting to disable the ai from trying to dump the puck and chase in EASHL - 99% of the time it doesn't work so either CROSS THE DAMN LINE OR TAKE THAT HIT LIKE A MAN YOU DAMN TURKEY!!
  • -rework the stick lift entirely. Get rid of the angry pitchfork and put something concise and useful in there. That whole raging stick thing is unrealistic. If someone were to do that in a real game they would first be riding the pine, second..their teammates would plummel the snot out of them at the next practice for being so self centered.

-study and evaluation of stickwork as far as it pertains to the areas which are inconsequential vs disruptive(degrees?) vs penalties. Get us to a place of consistency. Right now it feels like too much of a lottery.

-lower useful camera angles. Think full frame 12–>35mm ish with fast moves when your racking and panning..slower camera moves can be nauseating..
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • b24hhh wrote: »
    Be a Pro needs some love and care:
    Be a Pro
    1. Implement ECHL as a minors minors.
    2. Implement SHL, Liiga, NLA, ELH, DEL, Allsvenskan and EBEL as leagues to start your career from
    4. Create animated number retirement ceremonies
    5. Create animated hall of fame induction ceremony, which is shown if you are inducted into HHOF
    6. Create animated draft where you get the jersey and cap on and get your player photo taken
    Franchise
    1. Implement ECHL as minors minors, where you can send players that are not good enough for AHL, but are not from CHL (Canada)
    2. Implement SHL, Liiga, NLA, ELH, DEL, Allsvenskan and EBEL as alternate leagues for growing your prospects in
    4. Crate animated hall of fame induction ceremony, which is shown if you are inducted into HHOF

I would love to see all that, I'd also like to see being sent down to lower Minor Leagues and being able to sign with AHL and ECHL teams. I'd also like to play in historical eras as I said earlier in this thread.
    Leafs1952 wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more setaylor1, the game needs many things, I remember in NHL 14 I loved Live the Life, though interview questions got repetitive at times, it was a step in the right directions, then EA took two steps back getting rid of it and making fighting less common. I tire of modern hockey, I'd like to play and watch in the days when jobs were scarce and hockey was at its best (in my honest opinion). I know that it is possible to get the rosters going back to 1917, because, in another NHL game called Franchise Hockey Manager 5, they have a historical mode, while they don't have as much resources but they make a great GM mode, though you can't coach the historic Minors. Why does EA not take a crack at outdoing them by making Coaching in GM mode not require playing, like you just call lines, pull the goalie when needed, and bench players when necessary, now I said optional, because for the realistic effect typically you don't play the game for the players, hence why coaches are quite stressed. It would be cool to coach Howe, Sawchuk, Keon, Orr, and all the greats of the game. Like why can't the experience, they could make part of Be a Pro a free roam game, where you buy yourself a home, and develop a relationship with a girl in the game universe, possibly get your career cut short by WWII or get banished to Eddie Shore's Springfield Indians. I know I'm just putting out scenarios, but these would really make Be a pro more human and fun.

I mean it should also be harder to develop in the minors I mean on superstar I reached high 80's by my second season with lousy play. So the challenge needs to be there, and not through AI cheating. If I'm playing badly in the AHL, I should be sent further down to the ECHL. Be a pro needs to be made so it improves the player. Our potential should be based on our amateur performance, if we exceed that great but the game should be honest, if you don't play well your potential should reflect that. I mean I've been a defensive defensemen, put in a -32 season had 1 assist and was still Medium elite! Why, I had a lousy season, and somehow I still got drafted in the third round. On superstar you should have to work hard to get to the bigs, and your potential should reflect your performance in the CHL.
  • jiajji
    334 posts Member
    EASHL line changes, let us put multiple builds into the game with the ability to skate to the bench to switch builds.

• grifter559
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Make the players look realistic and not all bloated with giant square butts...

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • jiajji wrote: »
    EASHL line changes, let us put multiple builds into the game with the ability to skate to the bench to switch builds.

This is kinda interesting. Nice one.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • Warwei
    2 posts New member
    I have just one wish.
    I´d like to see upgrade for be a pro. I mean, it is so boring now.
    Extend leagues, where you can start.
    Let´s make it great again, give this mode some juice like ''Your story'' starting like a kid. Do some important things, like trainings, meetings with fans, interviews, talking with coach, etc.
    + I wanna IIHF in be a pro, nominations for playing for your country.
    It would be awesome to do something like that.
  • I wish the tripping calls could happen less and let us have nhl legends on our legend team make more challenges for hut
  • Also make more of the old logos for creating a team