EA Forums - Banner

Too many tripping penalties

Replies

  • jake19ny wrote: »
    The reality is EA can’t fix the issue....they simply have no idea how to fix most of what’s broken in this series which is why the sane things get complained about. Spamming poke or stick lift is a bad thing but now it’s just do random. The game doesn’t recognize good angles well timed pokes or lifts. If you think that you are a fool. It’s just random now and most of it results in penalties. If they tone that down it’s back to poke fest. Game is flawed because the Devs simply don’t know how to make a good hockey sim

    Funny how 90% of the poke penalties I see are from players poking 3 feet behind the puck carrier....

    Guess the game is the problem.

    I will however concede that the window of opportunity for good positioning on stick lifts is just too small. Players can move their hands and puck faster than a stick lift....
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    All the people using the same response as they do for everything, “get better at the game” are kidding themselves. You guys aren’t defense masters you are just doing it less. I’m not taking too many penalties either but when you take a good angle to an opponent and go to poke the puck but your stick randomly goes to the players skates instead....you have no control over that. I have chased guys down, wait until I’m a stride ahead of them and go for the puck but the stick goes right for the feet. not every time because it’s random.....explain a well timed stick lift? Love to hear that one....a stick lift is a stick lift and they randomly get called for slashing. The more you attempt these defensive moves the more likely you are to draw penalties. If you spam it prepare to spend the whole game in box. It’s sinply a flawed game mechanic EA needs to find a balance in. I thought the Beta with the Beta tuner was near perfect. Pokes from behind resulted in a lot of penalties and rightfully so while pokes and sweeps wihile back skating with an opponent coming at you were rightfully more successful.

    Actually you do have control over that. You can aim pokes, and you can aim even more precisely if you do it with your DSS first, then press R3 to poke. If all you do is press R1 and expect it to go straight to the puck, then there is your issue.
  • To put it this way, I can not judge whether R1 is good or not, but I just do not play well enough, but
    if so, then the CPU players should also be punished if they commit a foul.
    I have scenes where the enemy player pulls my player's legs away but does not get fouled.
    Worse still, the opponent pans the stick through my player's legs without what's happening.
    If I do something like that, give it 2 min.

    I annoyed Germany with the support because it is very annoying, he said, that will probably only be corrected in NHL 20 and I should (threateningly) not contact the support therefore

    NHL HUT Offline
  • GoneSovereign
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    kp8uukyug2rq.jpg
    Heres a great example of the tripping bull crap .. Apparently my online opponent reaching through like this didnt trip my player
  • GoneSovereign
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    4yeg90ak9a5z.jpg
    But me coming back and taking the puck while hes doing a skill move on a break away he gets awarder a penalty shot.... The poke check penalty thing is rediculous, one way stick through the legs does nothing, the other way taking the puck off the stick is a penalty shot worthy play, that right there is some bull
  • ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    kp8uukyug2rq.jpg
    Heres a great example of the tripping bull crap .. Apparently my online opponent reaching through like this didnt trip my player

    That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. It's completely random whether you trip a guy or not. In September, at least the trips were consistent. It was easy to determine a good or bad time to poke it.

    And in the second pic, it looks like you poke nowhere near the skates but instead their invisible bubble. EA claims they have no idea what this is.

  • Play better position. Or mash the R1 and keep blaming the game.
  • When do players ever get tripped face-to-face? All is not lost, you can't trip a player without the puck.
  • kp8uukyug2rq.jpg
    Heres a great example of the tripping bull crap .. Apparently my online opponent reaching through like this didnt trip my player

    It isn't bull crap.

    You cannot trip a player who is not in possession of the puck. From this pic, he is not in possession of the puck. You can poke spam a player who doesn't have the puck all day. It doesn't hinder the player, and it doesn't give you a penalty.
  • kp8uukyug2rq.jpg
    Heres a great example of the tripping bull crap .. Apparently my online opponent reaching through like this didnt trip my player

    It isn't bull crap.

    You cannot trip a player who is not in possession of the puck. From this pic, he is not in possession of the puck. You can poke spam a player who doesn't have the puck all day. It doesn't hinder the player, and it doesn't give you a penalty.

    Which is bull crap in itself. If you trip a player that close to the puck, it should get called.
    Putting your stick in someones skates, since your lagging behind, would give you an extra breather no matter how far from the puck you were when doing so.
    It's another easy-fix and it's not surprising players are frustrated by it.
  • SpillGal wrote: »
    kp8uukyug2rq.jpg
    Heres a great example of the tripping bull crap .. Apparently my online opponent reaching through like this didnt trip my player

    It isn't bull crap.

    You cannot trip a player who is not in possession of the puck. From this pic, he is not in possession of the puck. You can poke spam a player who doesn't have the puck all day. It doesn't hinder the player, and it doesn't give you a penalty.

    Which is bull crap in itself. If you trip a player that close to the puck, it should get called.
    Putting your stick in someones skates, since your lagging behind, would give you an extra breather no matter how far from the puck you were when doing so.
    It's another easy-fix and it's not surprising players are frustrated by it.

    I disagree.

    Not a single player in real life would even think of going for a pokecheck in that situation. You are 2 feet behind the player and about 8 feet from the puck. Why would you even want to attempt a poke in that situation? If a player is still attempting a poke once the puck is picked up, he will be called for tripping.

    When no one has the puck, pokes do not trip the opposing player. Rather, the "poker" is just slowing himself down for nothing.

    So, why would you want a penalty in this situation? How is it ruining your game? I really don't follow your logic, but if you explain it to me, maybe it will prove you are on to something.
  • SpillGal wrote: »
    kp8uukyug2rq.jpg
    Heres a great example of the tripping bull crap .. Apparently my online opponent reaching through like this didnt trip my player

    It isn't bull crap.

    You cannot trip a player who is not in possession of the puck. From this pic, he is not in possession of the puck. You can poke spam a player who doesn't have the puck all day. It doesn't hinder the player, and it doesn't give you a penalty.

    Which is bull crap in itself. If you trip a player that close to the puck, it should get called.
    Putting your stick in someones skates, since your lagging behind, would give you an extra breather no matter how far from the puck you were when doing so.
    It's another easy-fix and it's not surprising players are frustrated by it.

    I disagree.

    Not a single player in real life would even think of going for a pokecheck in that situation. You are 2 feet behind the player and about 8 feet from the puck. Why would you even want to attempt a poke in that situation? If a player is still attempting a poke once the puck is picked up, he will be called for tripping.

    When no one has the puck, pokes do not trip the opposing player. Rather, the "poker" is just slowing himself down for nothing.

    So, why would you want a penalty in this situation? How is it ruining your game? I really don't follow your logic, but if you explain it to me, maybe it will prove you are on to something.

    It doesn't matter how close or far away a puck is. If a player were to poke thru a player that would result in a trip if he had the puck should also do the same if they don't have the puck. Tripping calls do happen in real life away from the puck also. Players should be responsible for their sticks at all times. Hell I still believe we should be able to trip our own teammates in EASHL. Not in drop-ins because people would abuse it like always.
  • Get in position and quit mashing your buttons
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    SpillGal wrote: »
    kp8uukyug2rq.jpg
    Heres a great example of the tripping bull crap .. Apparently my online opponent reaching through like this didnt trip my player

    It isn't bull crap.

    You cannot trip a player who is not in possession of the puck. From this pic, he is not in possession of the puck. You can poke spam a player who doesn't have the puck all day. It doesn't hinder the player, and it doesn't give you a penalty.

    Which is bull crap in itself. If you trip a player that close to the puck, it should get called.
    Putting your stick in someones skates, since your lagging behind, would give you an extra breather no matter how far from the puck you were when doing so.
    It's another easy-fix and it's not surprising players are frustrated by it.

    I disagree.

    Not a single player in real life would even think of going for a pokecheck in that situation. You are 2 feet behind the player and about 8 feet from the puck. Why would you even want to attempt a poke in that situation? If a player is still attempting a poke once the puck is picked up, he will be called for tripping.

    When no one has the puck, pokes do not trip the opposing player. Rather, the "poker" is just slowing himself down for nothing.

    So, why would you want a penalty in this situation? How is it ruining your game? I really don't follow your logic, but if you explain it to me, maybe it will prove you are on to something.

    It doesn't matter how close or far away a puck is. If a player were to poke thru a player that would result in a trip if he had the puck should also do the same if they don't have the puck. Tripping calls do happen in real life away from the puck also. Players should be responsible for their sticks at all times. Hell I still believe we should be able to trip our own teammates in EASHL. Not in drop-ins because people would abuse it like always.

    What purpose would this serve? It is another unneeded realistic factor. This is a video game where you will never have remotely the same control over a stick that you would in real life.

    It is completely fine as it is. In fact, adding this in would be more of a nuisance than broken or dropped sticks. Waste of time and resources. Poking players away from the puck changes nothing in the game. Nothing lost, nothing gained.
  • Disregarding what has already been posted in the previous three pages worth of posts. Here is what I think the biggest issue is.

    I think the biggest issue with tripping is the clipping issues that have been in the game for many years. I would say that it isn't totally a timing issue, it also has to do with a clipping issue that has been in the game for many years. But I think the clipping issue just might be a limitation that cannot be overturned or fixed. So, therefore, the game might be with that flaw for an eternity to come. So I think the tripping issue might be an issue for many regardless of timing on their poke checks. That is my 2 cents on the issue.
  • GoneSovereign
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I understand the clipping issue, but what doesnt make sense is poking your stick between a players legs while hes skating with or without the puck should be tripping no matter what, I get its just a game, but skill, barely touching a players skate with the stick is a trip but putting your stick in a players legs isnt, its not about button mashing, its about poke checking at the absolute wrong time when im skating towards a free puck doesnt allow a tripping penalty to be awarded, but on the previous picture i posted he was awarded with a penalty shot when I reached for the puck while he was skill sticking on a break away, but yet never touching him with my stick, its just not consistant, and gives penalties for plays that it shouldbt, and doesnt give penalties for things it should, ill post a video showing a slashing penalty that was called when there was no actual slash at all other that my stick animation moving around
  • When a little out of range, you’re transformed into enraged Racki mode..
    Still to be determined whether intended as feature or bug..
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • This is a "slashing" penalty that was called, if you can see where the slashing happened, please enlighten me, because This is the exact same concept as the tripping penalties
  • ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I even took a slashing penalty yesterday even though the player didn't react in any way. Would like to see a complete overhaul to the penalty system in future games.
  • ExSnake01 wrote: »
    I even took a slashing penalty yesterday even though the player didn't react in any way. Would like to see a complete overhaul to the penalty system in future games.


    I have some games where its great, and some where everything is a penalty, and some games ill get hooked or tripped on a break away and nothing, other games they call it when its blatent obvious and you didnt even touch the puck, its so inconsistent its rediculius
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.