EA Forums - Banner

Pay to win

13Next

Replies

• ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    To put this to the test, give this a try. If you are a decent player, go jump in versus and grab an all star team or Canada. Play maybe 10-20 games then switch over to a lower-end NHL team. Do the same number of games and tell me which game was easier to play and win.
    Post edited by ExSnake01 on
  • ThomasN7 wrote: »
    Buy the best cards and you will more likely win most of the time. There is no way an team ovr of 95 will lose to a lesser team on a consistent basis. EA has done a better job of getting you better cards to compete but in the long run as I said, you get the best cards and your success rate skyrockets.

The point Thomas is if I played my 96 team against Miviens or Yung Gren or SuperVirta and they had their 82 team they would still win most of the time. It would be easier for me to loose respectably but I would still lose because they are much better NHL players than me.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    ThomasN7 wrote: »
    Buy the best cards and you will more likely win most of the time. There is no way an team ovr of 95 will lose to a lesser team on a consistent basis. EA has done a better job of getting you better cards to compete but in the long run as I said, you get the best cards and your success rate skyrockets.

The point Thomas is if I played my 96 team against Miviens or Yung Gren or SuperVirta and they had their 82 team they would still win most of the time. It would be easier for me to loose respectably but I would still lose because they are much better NHL players than me.

LMAO you're talking about guys that are 1 in a million ... Good luck pairing with them , and good luck putting 8+ hours into the game every day , and I bet they believe there's actually a skill gap ...

Still waiting to see your idea of a stacked team ...
  • This is my stacked team: https://hutdb.net/19/builder/1347041 Not the best in HUT by any means but plays to my strengths with BU and FB activated and a little wiggle room to add Mikita and the Xmas reward if the synergies are right or if the stats are good enough. For example Mikita could replace Ferarro but that would mean I'd lose FB but the main reason for me having that is to boost the face offs of the weaker centres - with Ferarro gone all my C's would be over 90 so all would be good I think.
  • It doesnt matter how you get your team. The numbers on the cards dont matter a lot of the time because of tilted ice. You dont want to take the time to build a better team or make coins in hut or use real money dont play. The whole point of hut is to build your team and make them the best you can or make the team you think the best is. This is exactly why tilted ice is in the game and cheats the people have built super teams. If you dont like it go play versus
  • Ice tilt is a myth - I've posted on this topic before in this forum so apologies if you're reading this for the 2nd or 3rd time, but you can lose to a worse team because their controller is much better than you - ask the 60 or so people that Super Virta beat with his brand new account - base team - like bronze and silver players en route to the Division 1 title.

Poor connections can also have an impact - I don't play well on slow, lagging online games so am super happy we have the new servers and so far at least they seem to be working okay for me today.
  • Whether ice tilt is a myth or not is irrelevant. In real life, worse teams do win with less shots, time on attack, face offs, hits, etc.

Can you imagine what this game would become if the higher rated team Always won? Eesh!
  • Whether ice tilt is a myth or not is irrelevant. In real life, worse teams do win with less shots, time on attack, face offs, hits, etc.

Can you imagine what this game would become if the higher rated team Always won? Eesh!

You’ve successfully made sense to everyone who ever watched or played real hockey! Totally agree with you.

Can you imagine a game where your players played the same concistantly?

I don’t always win and get outplayed. But it would feel better if my guys wouldn’t go a game or two missing every pass and puck pick up!
  • j0rtsu67
    644 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Whether ice tilt is a myth or not is irrelevant. In real life, worse teams do win with less shots, time on attack, face offs, hits, etc.

I don’t always win and get outplayed. But it would feel better if my guys wouldn’t go a game or two missing every pass and puck pick up!
    We all have those bad days when nothing goes right, don't we?
    Even the best nhl players have bad games now and then, right? o:)

EA Sports. It's in the game. Believe it or not. Like it or not. :D
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Whether ice tilt is a myth or not is irrelevant. In real life, worse teams do win with less shots, time on attack, face offs, hits, etc.

We all have those bad days when nothing goes right, don't we?
    Even the best nhl players have bad games now and then, right? o:)

EA Sports. It's in the game. Believe it or not. Like it or not. :D

The best players in the NHL don't lag. Not even jet lag is comparable. :)